Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

10 hours ago, fs1 said:

Yes, posting an update this week. How has been testing & feedback?

Thanks

Federico

Running it the whole week now and it does exactly what it claims. No problems so far with v5.1 HF1. Only the runway probability does not always work but all specified runways are, nevertheless, used as intended. Very much looking forward to your spacing algorithm for a future update.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

10 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Running it the whole week now and it does exactly what it claims. No problems so far with v5.1 HF1. Only the runway probability does not always work but all specified runways are, nevertheless, used as intended. Very much looking forward to your spacing algorithm for a future update.

That is great to hear. I will be posting an update soon 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Federico Sucari

On 11/21/2020 at 5:02 PM, fs1 said:

I have update the links with a new build that fixes CTD. Thanks

I was having the same types of crashes, but the latest update seems to have fixed it for me.

It really looks good and is an awesome improvement to traffic flow at busy airports. To echo what others have said, it would be great to add multiple airports.

I haven't fully looked into it yet, but your utility also seems compatible with AIFlow and AIGround.

I did see another post re: the AIGround utility ground roll possibly interfering with ATCAPI, but that ground roll aspect of the AIGround utility can be turned off if necessary by making sure this is in the AIGround.ini file:

AILANDINGBRAKINGSCALAR=1.0

AILANDINGTARGETTIME=0

Regards, Roland

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

I haven't fully looked into it yet, but your utility also seems compatible with AIFlow and AIGround.

I - and I'm sure others as well - would be really interested in an as-definitive-as-possible answer to this - thanks!

• Like 1

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

11 hours ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

I was having the same types of crashes, but the latest update seems to have fixed it for me.

It really looks good and is an awesome improvement to traffic flow at busy airports. To echo what others have said, it would be great to add multiple airports.

I did see another post re: the AIGround utility ground roll possibly interfering with ATCAPI, but that ground roll aspect of the AIGround utility can be turned off if necessary by making sure this is in the AIGround.ini file:

AILANDINGBRAKINGSCALAR=1.0

AILANDINGTARGETTIME=0

Regards, Roland

Roland, thanks for taking the time to test the addon. As I mentioned to you privately, I look forward to collaboarting together in integating both codes and offer a one for all solution to ATC.

1 hour ago, d.tsakiris said:

I - and I'm sure others as well - would be really interested in an as-definitive-as-possible answer to this - thanks!

Roland mentioned that may not be issues between both. I look forward to working with Roland on this.

Thanks

Federico

• Like 2

Federico Sucari

https://ibb.co/p2XxX7MI tried yesterday the software at LPPT, this airport from mkstudio is a hard airport for manage AI, and your software unfortunaly doens't change the problem. In fact plane when landed try to clean runway by using a taxiway U5 where some planes wait to cross the runway from U5 to U6 there IS a Big conflict with planes and many go around , i talk about runway 21. 

IMG-20201129-174044.jpg

Edited by grandfred29

Frédéric Giraud

I was able to use it just fine at LLBG (Tel Aviv) to set the landing RWY to 12 and take-offs to 26. Question though: is it supposed to change the ATIS or is that not technically possible? ATIS was saying the active ARR/DEP runway was 30 but ATC was still directing airplanes to the runways I selected.

Thanks for this great application!! Very useful and simple to use! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

https://ibb.co/p2XxX7MI tried yesterday the software at LPPT, this airport from mkstudio is a hard airport for manage AI, and your software unfortunaly doens't change the problem. In fact plane when landed try to clean runway by using a taxiway U5 where some planes wait to cross the runway from U5 to U6 there IS a Big conflict with planes and many go around , i talk about runway 21. 

IMG-20201129-174044.jpg

This is not really the fault of the application, but probably the problem of the FDE of your AI aircraft. They stop too soon at which they will vacate the runway at U5. You can probably check at the AIG forums for enlarging the braking distance of your AI

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, grandfred29 said:

IMG-20201129-174044.jpg

The application does resolve ground traffic conflict. If you can post some images top down view of the airport and tell me which must be the AI blocking that runway exit? The cause of your issue could be multiple.

@Chapstick I am trying to include user aircraft as well. I will post some updates soon. Thanks!

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

The application does resolve ground traffic conflict. If you can post some images top down view of the airport and tell me which must be the AI blocking that runway exit? The cause of your issue could be multiple.

@Chapstick I am trying to include user aircraft as well. I will post some updates soon. Thanks!

Thank you Federico, that would be awesome

• Upvote 1

Sergio Naiberg

I have tried the tool, and I think that with some refinements, adjustments and fixes, it could become a must-have for simmers who like to have AI traffic at airports.

Right now, I wish that the tool would interact with wind direction and assign active runways accordingly. As someone stated, users could make an entry for different airports based on real-world information and post it for others to copy to their xml file. There is a lot of potential in that tool!

I would not mind paying money for the tool once it has matured.

• Upvote 1

I've just tried this promising tool. I only edited the airport section for EDDF so that a/c will TakeOff from runway 18. The rest of the cfg I left alone. I found that a/c did TO from RW 18 as desired, but unfortunately, all a/c which were taxiing to the runway had full flaps configuration, full speed brakes and engines in reverse thrust mode. I'm using AIGAIM for ai traffic. As soon as I disabled the tool, flaps during taxi and take off were correct, no speed brakes, no reverse thrust.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

30 minutes ago, Nemo said:

I've just tried this promising tool. I only edited the airport section for EDDF so that a/c will TakeOff from runway 18. The rest of the cfg I left alone. I found that a/c did TO from RW 18 as desired, but unfortunately, all a/c which were taxiing to the runway had full flaps configuration, full speed brakes and engines in reverse thrust mode. I'm using AIGAIM for ai traffic. As soon as I disabled the tool, flaps during taxi and take off were correct, no speed brakes, no reverse thrust.

Ok thanks for the feedback. Can you disable the flaps feature and try again? Thanks

<deployEarlyFlaps>0</deployEarlyFlaps>

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari