Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

interresting discussion ... 

just to be clear if in ADE I set one runway end open and the other end  closed (for landing or t/o) is that configuration read correctly or just ignored by P3D ? 

11 minutes ago, pmemery said:

interresting discussion ... 

just to be clear if in ADE I set one runway end open and the other end  closed (for landing or t/o) is that configuration read correctly or just ignored by P3D ? 

It is read correctly, but you need to stick to a certain pattern. To give you an example:

VHHH (no real ops config, just an example)

RW07R Takeoff: Yes Landing: No
RW25L Takeoff: No Landing: Yes

RW07L Takeoff: No Landing: Yes
RW25R Takeoff: Yes Landing: No

EGCC (real ops - more or less)

RW05R Takeoff: No Landing: Yes
RW23L Takeoff: Yes Landing: No

RW05L Takeoff: Yes Landing: No
RW23R Takeoff: No Landing: Yes

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

ok I am surprised as I thought this was just ignored... I will give another try at LFPO where this logic has to be applied and launch ATCAPI without forcing any runway use for landing or t/o and see how P3D ATC handle that.

Orly could be a bit trickier with the xwind runways. But even airports with xwind runways should work. At least I could achieve it for MSK's Helsinki.

But overruling the default logics with Federico's tool is far superior. AFCAD work can be a mystery, while ATCAPI makes it very easy. And btw sorry for going off topic here with the AFCAD stuff, Federico.

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

No worries @pmemery and @Wolkenschreck. Very interesting discussion!

I will be updating the tool, with this flexibility of optionally adding a simvar driven approach. Thanks!

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

A feature that would be nice down the road is to designate intersections for takeoffs, not that I have any idea if that's even possible. 

24 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

A feature that would be nice down the road is to designate intersections for takeoffs, not that I have any idea if that's even possible. 

Indeed that would be a great idea! 

21 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Orly could be a bit trickier with the xwind runways. But even airports with xwind runways should work. At least I could achieve it for MSK's Helsinki.

EDDF works too, R18 & R07C/R or R25C/L can be configured for TO only. Only problem, we need to know the wind directions and strengths. But if ATCAPI settings (config file) can be changed during a flight, then it is only a minor issue. If ATCAPI could read weather conditions automatically during a flight, then it would be perfect. Struggling with oncoming traffic over and over again, I would definitely pay for an ultimate solution.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

22 hours ago, Chapstick said:

This one is a little bit tricky as need to modify the current taxi route calculation algorithm 

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

I am working on the simvars approach to add, as an option to users. If someone wants to help me shape the wind, icao model, etc logic, please PM with the suggestions! Thanks!

Federico Sucari

On 12/10/2020 at 4:00 PM, fs1 said:

Thanks. Does the roll start prematurely? If so, I can upload a new version of it restoring the previous behaviour.

Regarding the take off rolls that commence before landing traffic has vacated: I noticed that some airports work (i.e. departing traffic waits until arriving has vacated), while others do not. Having looked at the AFCAD I could not see any significant difference. Still, I think that the AFCAD could be a factor here. 

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

45 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Regarding the take off rolls that commence before landing traffic has vacated: I noticed that some airports work (i.e. departing traffic waits until arriving has vacated), while others do not. Having looked at the AFCAD I could not see any significant difference. Still, I think that the AFCAD could be a factor here. 

Thanks. Do you have an afcad file or a modd file I can test this ? The feature has been reported to work, so I am curious. Thanks!

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

I found that EIDW by MK-Studio and KDEN by Flightbeam do work. One that does not work is KSAN by ORBX. 

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

Hi, I used ATCAPI the first time today. EDDM-EDDN I configured for depart/land EDDM 08R/08L and for EDDN 10. I must have done something wrong, because 95% of the traffic departed and landed on 26L, the rest on 08R.

I watched the traffic on my Aivlasoft EFB ground chart for about 20 minutes, but nothing changed.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<Parameters>
    <Airport>
    <ICAO>EDDM</ICAO>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R08R</Runway>
        <Probability>0.5</Probability>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R08l</Runway>
        <Probability>0.5</Probability>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>