Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

On 12/30/2020 at 6:27 AM, fs1 said:

Hi Pete, thanks for the report.

Please find attached a new build 1.0.03 which irons out some of the CTDs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qe2ym9h410qvq9/ATCAPI v1.0.0.3.zip?dl=0

Also:

- Taxi speed now applies to all AI taxi.

- You can now configure the AI void time with the following line in the XML <voidTimer>1000</voidTimer>

- deployEarlyFlaps is deprecated.

Let me know if fixed if not please PM me @Petermuc3

Thanks!

Will the early flaps still work with the updated versions automatically? I liked that the aircraft would set their flaps before taxi rather than at the runway threshold.

21 hours ago, DModjo said:

Will the early flaps still work with the updated versions automatically? I liked that the aircraft would set their flaps before taxi rather than at the runway threshold.

I took this feature out by all suggestions provided.

See this comment to achieve what you want to do:

Federico Sucari

Does wind direction overrule the config.xml settings? I'm asking because I experienced this at KPDX.

KPDX was set for RW 10L (TakeOff) and RW 10 R (Landing). When I landed I realized that wind had changed to 270/5 and ai a/c did TO from RW 28L but was still landing from the opposite direction (10R). That's exactly what not should happen.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<Parameters>
    <Airport>
    <ICAO>KPDX</ICAO>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R10L</Runway>
        <Probability>1</Probability>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R10R</Runway>
        <Probability>1</Probability>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    </Airport>
    <EnableFastTakeOffs>1</EnableFastTakeOffs>
    <AllowTakeOffDistance>6000</AllowTakeOffDistance>
    <TaxiSpeedLimiter>35</TaxiSpeedLimiter>
    <enableRollthenTakeOff>1</enableRollthenTakeOff>
    <minCrossingRny>2000</minCrossingRny>
    <voidTimer>600</voidTimer>
    <isGUIVisible>1</isGUIVisible>
    <Debug>0</Debug>
</Parameters>

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Have you changed the runways to 28 yourself? Because when reloading the XML you should know that some aircraft have already received their approach from ATC, so they will keep landing at the old runways, but in something like 15 minutes the runway usage should be completely changed.

1 hour ago, fclaass said:

Have you changed the runways to 28 yourself? Because when reloading the XML you should know that some aircraft have already received their approach from ATC, so they will keep landing at the old runways, but in something like 15 minutes the runway usage should be completely changed.

I did not change anything and landed @ RW 10R. That's when I realized that wind had changed ... But I did not reload another XML. So according to the XML RW 10R/L should be in use. But obviously they weren't. You may be right, that I should have waited perhaps a bit longer ... But my question was: Does wind direction overrule the XML or not?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

No it does not overrule the behavior. I just PMed you to understand closely this behavior.

Federico Sucari

KPDX. It seems that everything works correct. Not sure what went wrong during the first flight. I did also some further testing by changing the XML runway preferences and reloading the XML during the flight session several times: TakeOff/Landing =  10L/10R -> 28L/28R -> 28R/28L -> 10R/10L. After every XML change plus a short time for adaption, ai changed as desired no matter how the wind direction was.

All good. And most important, that we can change the XML during a flight if a change of wind directions should make this necessary.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

I found something out when testing at GVA.

The take-off aircraft would take-off while the landing aircraft were still on the runway.  When I changed the runway offset threshold to 0,  this problem was solved.  So I think when the landing offset threshold is too far away from the line-up spot for take-off, the  EnableRollthenTakeoff doesn't work as supposed to.

When I changed the threshold, the take off aircraft lined up but waited until the landing aircraft had vacated the runway. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, fclaass said:

I found something out when testing at GVA.

The take-off aircraft would take-off while the landing aircraft were still on the runway.  When I changed the runway offset threshold to 0,  this problem was solved.  So I think when the landing offset threshold is too far away from the line-up spot for take-off, the  EnableRollthenTakeoff doesn't work as supposed to.

When I changed the threshold, the take off aircraft lined up but waited until the landing aircraft had vacated the runway. 

Where would I change this setting? It's not part of the config.xml. Do you mean a setting in the airport (afcad) file?

- Harry 

Yes that has to be changed in the AFCAD, in the runway settings

Edited by fclaass

It would be good anyway to have the ablity to keep the offset threshold "as is" and have ATCAPI take it into account if possible.

49 minutes ago, pmemery said:

It would be good anyway to have the ablity to keep the offset threshold "as is" and have ATCAPI take it into account if possible.

@fclaass and @pmemery what happens if the threshold is far apart? What behavior do you see? Just take off?

Where can I check this threshold value and which value is it?

See below:

https://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php/BGL_File_Format#OffsetThreshold

Thanks

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

39 minutes ago, fs1 said:

@fclaass and @pmemery what happens if the threshold is far apart? What behavior do you see? Just take off?

Where can I check this threshold value? ADE? Thanks 

The behaviour you see is:

>  Aircraft is on short final

>  T/O Aircraft is holding short

>  Landing aircraft passes the T/O aircraft holding short.   T/O Aircraft is lining up before landing aircraft has touched down.

>  T/O Aircraft starts take-off roll regardless of landing aircraft has already vacated the runway. 

You can change the threshold value in ADE,  under Runway Settings, tab Primary/Secondary   'Offset Threshold;  

When you change this, the behaviour is:

>  Aircraft is on short final

>  T/O Aircraft is holding short

>  Landing aircraft touches down

>  T/O Aircraft lines up runway  approx 1 or 2 seconds after touchdown. 

>  T/O Aircraft waits on the runway until aircraft has vacated the runway, then starts the take-off roll.

Thanks @fclaass. What is the main purpose of this Offset Threshold and changing its value ?

Also, does this happens with all runways? Thanks

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Normally I do not like to refer to Wikipedia but this might be helpful Federico:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Displaced_threshold

With Airport Design editor you can remove the displaced portion of the runway for testing. KSAN San Diego, which I mentioned earlier for the premature takeoffs, has a displaced threshold at both runway ends.

• Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png