Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

Hi Federico:

First of all this is a very nice app with a lot of potential, thanks for take your time to do it.

I just downloaded the latest version and works like a charm just found a small issue, if I increase the allowTakeOffDistance from 6,000 to 8,000 the enableFastTakeOffs and enableRollthenTakeOff stop working, even if only is increased to a value 6,100, So seems like the limit is 6,000.

I need to increase the value to avoid some goarounds because some times you can see a plane ready for takeoff and waiting to the landing plane vacates the runway, and a landing plane must do a goaround.

Thanks in advance for your time and help and keep that good work comming.

Tony RD

AIG Conversion Team

22 hours ago, pmemery said:

Agree with you. I used AIFlow since the first release and it has been working really well in cunjunction with ATCAPI. However now I have the latest release of ATCAPI I have observed a lot of AI put on holding pattern for almost ever to the point that all my AI aircraft are now landing with one hour late .... Weird. I do not know wether this is due to AIFlow and a possible (?) new interaction between the latest release of ATCAPI along with AIFlow. I made the test and with ATCAPI alone the situation is back to normal so there must be something.

Actually I found out that if you don’t want many go around you need to set the ai separation distance with aiflow to 3.5 it will work in cunjunction will the allowtakeoffdistance 6000 of ATCAPI. Otherwise there is a conflict between the 2 apps 

9 hours ago, peluso5 said:

Hi Federico:

First of all this is a very nice app with a lot of potential, thanks for take your time to do it.

I just downloaded the latest version and works like a charm just found a small issue, if I increase the allowTakeOffDistance from 6,000 to 8,000 the enableFastTakeOffs and enableRollthenTakeOff stop working, even if only is increased to a value 6,100, So seems like the limit is 6,000.

I need to increase the value to avoid some goarounds because some times you can see a plane ready for takeoff and waiting to the landing plane vacates the runway, and a landing plane must do a goaround.

Thanks in advance for your time and help and keep that good work comming.

Tony RD

AIG Conversion Team

@peluso5 thanks for reporting this. Bug confirmed. I will fix it in the next build. Thanks!

Federico Sucari

Hello ! I can’t believe I haven’t come across this tool before. Fantastic !!

Has the offset threshold issue been fixed ? Also, I know how much time and effort it takes to develop and improve a tool such as this one, so I’d be happy to send the developer a donation via paypal (please DM me with your paypal address).

Cheers

Eduardo

• Upvote 2

Could someone please provide a link to AI Flow, I can't find one and am keen to give it a try with this app too....

Many thanks

Ian S

38.jpg

On 1/20/2021 at 1:55 AM, DuduGuimaraes said:

Has the offset threshold issue been fixed ?

Hi Eduardo, 
Offset threshold is an area where much of the recent testing was focused on. With the latest, not yet published, builds is it as far as I can say fixed.

3 hours ago, Ian S said:

Could someone please provide a link to AI Flow, I can't find one and am keen to give it a try with this app too....

Many thanks

Hello Ian,
Have a look for "aiflow_v110.zip" here in the Avsim Library.

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

8 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Hello Ian,
Have a look for "aiflow_v110.zip" here in the Avsim Library.

Thank you

Ian S

38.jpg

I have compiled new build 1.0.0.4

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4iez9o1v7mvfxf/ATCAPI 1.0.0.4.zip?dl=0

Change log:

-1 Fixed landing runway assignments to fly default ILS Approach (this was not the case with previous build)

-2 Fixed CTD on exit

-3 Fixed take off with offset threshold runways.

-4 Now inbound AIs are re-engaged, when take off again, to assigned runways.

-5 Added ATCModel element to force certain ATC Models to land/take off assigned runways.

<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R04L</Runway>
        <Probability>0.5</Probability>
        <ATCModel>A321, E135</ATCModel>

</ActiveTakeOffRunway>

-6 Added Empy weight limit to runways, limiting AIs from landing or taking off (units are in Pounds!).

<ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R04R</Runway>
        <EmptyWeightLimit>50000</EmptyWeightLimit>    

</ActiveLandingRunway>

-7 Now User Aircraft is assigned to defined runways.

-8 Added <runwayTaxiSpeed>29</runwayTaxiSpeed>. This will apply a new taxi speed ONLY on AIs vacating runways.

-9 Added <TaxiSeparationMultiplier>1.8</TaxiSeparationMultiplier>. This will increase spacing between AIs while waiting and holding short one behind the other.

-10 Fixed the issue preventing AIs to take off when AI distance was > 6000 meters

The last 3 features being coded are: Spacing while in air (holds, etc), preventing U turns while runway vacation, and Intersections Take Offs. That complete ATCAPI development cycle.

Thanks!

Edited by fs1
  • Like 8

Federico Sucari

That looks so promising and I will test it thoroughly over the weekend. Thanks a lot Federico, this add-on is a game changer in the very best sense.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

19 minutes ago, fs1 said:

-That complete ATCAPI development cycle.

Thanks!

I was hoping to have wind based option. Like

<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R06L</Runway>
        <OppositeWind>R24R</OppositeWind>

</ActiveTakeOffRunway>

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

13 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

I was hoping to have wind based option. Like

<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R06L</Runway>
        <OppositeWind>R24R</OppositeWind>

</ActiveTakeOffRunway>

The conditions will be re-worked to include more and more variables including wind. Next build.

Edited by fs1
  • Like 1

Federico Sucari

Thanks Federico,

Great work!

Can you remind me how many runways can be added to the config.xml file? What is the limitation there?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!