Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

6 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

Thanks Federico,

Great work!

Can you remind me how many runways can be added to the config.xml file? What is the limitation there?

Thanks, there is no limitation. I would keep add just the necessary ones. Regards

Edited by fs1
  • Like 1

Federico Sucari

Thanks. Good to know!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

thanks Frederico !

Just one clarification : when you say "The last 3 features being coded are, etc..." you mean that these last 3 feratures are still work in progress right ? They are not implemented yet ?

7 minutes ago, pmemery said:

thanks Frederico !

Just one clarification : when you say "The last 3 features being coded are, etc..." you mean that these last 3 feratures are still work in progress right ? They are not implemented yet ?

Correct!

Federico Sucari

Hi guys. I'm going to start using this tool together with airflow. I've read through all the 16 pages, and the only info I found on how to avoid conflicts between the two tools was :

Actually I found out that if you don’t want many go around you need to set the ai separation distance with aiflow to 3.5 it will work in cunjunction will the allowtakeoffdistance 6000 of ATCAPI. Otherwise there is a conflict between the 2 apps 

I'd like to ask the more experienced users if that's all ! Thanks

Eduardo

Eduardo,

I think that Roland - who developed both AIGround and AIFlow - also recommended to deactivate (within AIGround) the landing roll function. This can be done by modifying the .ini file as below:

AILANDINGBRAKINGSCALAR=1.0 //start with 15.0 if using AILANDINGTARGETTIME
AILANDINGTARGETTIME=0 

Do not forget to remove the slash at the beginnning of each line in order to activate these lines 

1 hour ago, pmemery said:

Eduardo,

I think that Roland - who developed both AIGround and AIFlow - also recommended to deactivate (within AIGround) the landing roll function. This can be done by modifying the .ini file as below:

AILANDINGTARGETTIME=0 

Do not forget to remove the slash at the beginnning of each line in order to activate these lines 

Thanks a lot ! Will give it a try !

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, pmemery said:

Eduardo,

AILANDINGTARGETTIME=0 

Thanks!  Yes, generally if there is only a particular function(s) you want to use in AIGround or AIFlow (e.g., in order to let Federico's utility do the heavy lifting), the  AIGround and AIFlow .ini file can be modified to turn everything else off.

Edited by Clipper Ocean Spray

11 minutes ago, Clipper Ocean Spray said:

Thanks!  Yes, generally if there is only a particular function(s) you want to use in AIGround or AIFlow (e.g., in order to let Federico's utility do the heavy lifting), the  AIGround and AIFlow .ini file can be modified to turn everything else off.

Thanks. So I just have to assign “0” to AILANDINGTARGETTIME correct ?

Some questions regarding the new build.

<EmptyWeightLimit>  Can I delete this line if I don't want to have any limitations? What happens when value "0" is set?. Would this mean that runway won't be used by any ai traffic?

<taxiSpeedLimiter>  value must be higher than that in   <runwayTaxiSpeed>  ?

<TaxiSeparationMultiplier>  can I turn this off, as if it may interfere with other ATC programs like ProATC-X which does taxi separation by its own?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

Some questions regarding the new build.

<EmptyWeightLimit>  Can I delete this line if I don't want to have any limitations? What happens when value "0" is set?. Would this mean that runway won't be used by any ai traffic?

<taxiSpeedLimiter>  value must be higher than that in   <runwayTaxiSpeed>  ?

<TaxiSeparationMultiplier>  can I turn this off, as if it may interfere with other ATC programs like ProATC-X which does taxi separation by its own?

Yes you can delete empty weight and also the taxi separation line.

Just delete the empty weight line, if you put 0 you will inop that runway.

Not necessarily, either taxi speeds can be larger than the other one without any rule.

Regards

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Hi Federico:

Questions about the new build:

1- The <runwayTaxiSpeed> works for all planes, no matter the weight of the plane ?

2- How far the plane must be from the taxiway for the <runwayTaxiSpeed> to work ?

BTW, the issue with the <allowTakeOffDistance> now is working right

Thanks for your work, this app add a must needed function since FS004

Best Regards

Tony RD

AIG Conversion Team

Thanks @peluso5

yes 1) should work for all planes.

For 2), AI should be over the runway and must have a departing AI rolling to depart. If there is no departing AI the default speed of 20kts should apply.

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Hi:

Understood, thanks.

One more question, what about a plane at short landing, and a small prop plane just land, do the  <runwayTaxiSpeed> applies?

Regards

Tony RD

AIG Conversion Team

14 minutes ago, peluso5 said:

Hi:

Understood, thanks.

One more question, what about a plane at short landing, and a small prop plane just land, do the  <runwayTaxiSpeed> applies?

Regards

Tony RD

AIG Conversion Team

yes, if there is an AI trying to takeoff.

I may polish this further if needed

Federico Sucari