Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

Hi Federico:

How the <minCrossingRny> works?, when the app activate the hold of the plane?

Watching the planes at EDDF can see planes taking off and taxi planes crossing the runway with less than 2000 mts. which is my value in my XML

Regards

Tony RD

AIG Conversion Team

Hi,

A question related to specifying the ATC models for specific runways. Can someone confirm if B748 is a valid entry please?

I was trying to find an up to date list of atc model codes for P3D and was not able to find this in the SDK. 

2nd question, I have the GUI enabled by default , but a couple of times I have inadvertently closed the active window. Is there a way to get the GUI back if it has been completely closed?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

@peluso5 let me check this.

@aldridgem I will let someone reply to the B748 question, but generally these codes are defined also in the cfg file for the AI.

If you close the GUI, there is no way to bring it back. I will coding a minimize to tray feature shortly.

Edited by fs1
  • Like 1

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, aldridgem said:

A question related to specifying the ATC models for specific runways. Can someone confirm if B748 is a valid entry please?

The model type is defined in the General section of the aircraft.cfg of a SimObject. For example:

[General]
atc_type=BOEING
atc_model=B748

The atc_model entry needs to be identical with the one you assign in your config.xml.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

@Wolkenschreck Thanks for the info Christoph.

@fs1 Thanks Federico. That feature will help although I know its my own fault.

Spoiler

Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge

Hi, 

After a long break period, I'm back to P3d and i try use new version. 

I have guestion about v 1.0.0.4.

If i understand correctly i can use only one airports, so if i fly to another, can I repleace XML file for them and reload during flight, to asign setting for this specific airports? Eg i start from EPWA to EGLL, i set runway asigned for this, and prepere XML files for EGLL. After takeoff i repleace it and reload for ARR airports - is this works? 

ATC Model. Shuld i asign this for takeoff line and landing? Egz. for EPWA for takeoff usualy rwy 29 is for takeoff and 33 for landing - exept for heavy, they use 33 couse 29 is to short. I will asign B788, B788 or other heaviest for 33, and others light and medium for 29 (B737, E170 etc.) 

For landing almost all, landing on rwy 33, sometime aircraft lands on 29, but not havies. Can i make exeption ATCModel for landing to egz some thing like this ATCModel=!B788

Today I will test this version. 

Thank You for this greate app. 

Regards 

Grzegorz 

9 hours ago, Grzegorz said:

Hi, 

After a long break period, I'm back to P3d and i try use new version. 

I have guestion about v 1.0.0.4.

If i understand correctly i can use only one airports, so if i fly to another, can I repleace XML file for them and reload during flight, to asign setting for this specific airports? Eg i start from EPWA to EGLL, i set runway asigned for this, and prepere XML files for EGLL. After takeoff i repleace it and reload for ARR airports - is this works? 

ATC Model. Shuld i asign this for takeoff line and landing? Egz. for EPWA for takeoff usualy rwy 29 is for takeoff and 33 for landing - exept for heavy, they use 33 couse 29 is to short. I will asign B788, B788 or other heaviest for 33, and others light and medium for 29 (B737, E170 etc.) 

For landing almost all, landing on rwy 33, sometime aircraft lands on 29, but not havies. Can i make exeption ATCModel for landing to egz some thing like this ATCModel=!B788

Today I will test this version. 

Thank You for this greate app. 

Regards 

Grzegorz 

ad 1: You can assign more than one airport but I don't because it quickly gets confusing.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

You can assign several ICAOs, or use 2-3 XMLs and reload them.

Regarding ATCModel yes you need to add it in takeoff and landing. You can put an exclamation (!) mark before it and will prevent that model to use that runway. E.g. !A321

Regards

Federico

Federico Sucari

Federico, 

Can confirm that after a little testing that the user aircraft seems hit-or-miss with with being assigned the selected runways. 

Just completed a flight KSFO-EDDF. Had the config set for 28R/1R for departures out of SFO and 7C/7R for landings at FRA. AI followed perfectly. 

On departure my aircraft was assigned 10R out of SFO and 7L into FRA. These would be consistent with what the ATC would assign me without the app and with the AFCAD i have installed. 

Note that the simple work-around is just to select another runway, at that point the active runways from the XML show up and I simply ask to change. 

However, just wanted to make you aware. 

Hi Federico.  In relation to the ATCmodel feature; would it also be possible to force certain airlines to a certain runway?  Would be a nice feature 🙂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fclaass said:

Hi Federico.  In relation to the ATCmodel feature; would it also be possible to force certain airlines to a certain runway?  Would be a nice feature 🙂

Another variation would be to seperate between Pax and Cargo planes. Just like most of the freighters into LAX landing on the 25s.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

6 hours ago, fclaass said:

+1. This would be an incredible feature to have. 

I guess it could use the ATC codes in the aircraft.cfg file? UAL, BAW, etc...

Yes and that would also mean you can separate between pax and cargo;  usually cargo airlines have a different ATC code  (BAWC  vs. BAW for example)

+1 for me too. That would mean Aerologic, Fedex and Lufthansa Cargo would have a preference to land on 25C at EDDF while the Asia freighters and AirBridge Cargo typically  land on 25L.

That would be a really nice feature if its feasible. 👍

Spoiler

Mark Aldridge