Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

11 hours ago, padrot said:

Hi Federico,

First of all, congratulations on your work making this wonderful addon, which we so wanted to have existed for a long time for P3D and which had not yet been achieved with this quality in how you are doing it.

I have been testing some airports with the latest version you published and I have noticed in this airport, MMMX, that the planes land on the opposite runways and others on the correct ones that I have specified in the "config.xml" file, which causes that in the taxis of those arriving on the 'wrong runway' invade the "runway in use" while the plane taking off on the "correct runway" end up "colliding". The take-offs are working perfect in the "runway in use".

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<Parameters>
    <Airport>
    <ICAO>MMMX</ICAO>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R23R</Runway>
        <Probability>0.9</Probability>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R23L</Runway>
        <Probability>0.1</Probability>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R23R</Runway>
        <ApproachName>MX450</ApproachName>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R23L</Runway>
        <ApproachName>MX401</ApproachName>
        <ApproachType>ILS</ApproachType>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    </Airport>

<enableFastTakeOffs>1</enableFastTakeOffs>
    <allowTakeOffDistance>6000</allowTakeOffDistance>
    <taxiSpeedLimiter>30</taxiSpeedLimiter>
    <runwayTaxiSpeed>29</runwayTaxiSpeed>
    <enableRollthenTakeOff>1</enableRollthenTakeOff>
    <minCrossingRny>2000</minCrossingRny>
    <isGUIVisible>1</isGUIVisible>
    <voidTimer>1000</voidTimer>
    <TaxiSeparationMultiplier>1.8</TaxiSeparationMultiplier>
</Parameters>

What could this be? Is it a bug or did I miss adding something to the code? I appreciate the help you could provide me.

Regards.

@padrotInteresting issue you have here. Would you mind sharing your ATCAPI window with the different approaches? Perhaps this issue comes from your afcad file, you might want to check the approach modes (types of approach) and runway names. Sometimes airport mode and approach mode have different runway names. 

You can PM me maybe I could take a look at your afcad file.

thanks

Edited by cmdn

@padrot Keep in mind that when you apply the changes while the simulator is already running there is a transition phase with mixed runway assignment. It can take up to half an hour to settle, or reload your AI.

Edited by hero93

Daniel

Hello everyone,

Thank you to everybody for the suggestions and solutions that you have given me.

Today I has done some test again at the same airport but now using the opposite runways due to live METAR (same as last time, only now the winds are coming from a different direction).

So far so good in terms of arrivals and departures, the IA traffic use the correct runways in both cases (05R & 05L).

<Parameters>
    <Airport>
    <ICAO>MMMX</ICAO>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R05R</Runway>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R05L</Runway>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R05R</Runway>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R05L</Runway>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    </Airport>

</Parameters>

I will try again with a custom METAR so that the 23's runways are used and determine if it's an AFCAD problem or it was simply a failure of the XML code.

Regards to everyone.

• Upvote 1

Iván Guerrero

@fs1

FYI this config text causes a consistent CTD, at first after I tried to load it with Reload XML and then every time I started P3D:

<Parameters>
    <Airport>
    <ICAO>EGGW</ICAO>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R26</Runway>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R26</Runway>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    </Airport>

<enableFastTakeOffs>1</EnableFastTakeOffs>
    <allowTakeOffDistance>6000</AllowTakeOffDistance>
    <taxiSpeedLimiter>30</TaxiSpeedLimiter>
</Parameters>

@Chapstick thanks. Can you turn the debug on and send me the log txt files for the CTD? Thanks 

Federico Sucari

I did the test using the 23's runways and it worked perfectly. 

<Parameters>
    <Airport>
    <ICAO>MMMX</ICAO>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R23R</Runway>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R23L</Runway>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    </Airport>

</Parameters>

Now I will add 'probabilities' to detect if this trigger any bugs. 

I will keep testing.

UPDATE:

After adding "probabilities" in the XML file, AI Traffic behaved smoothly.

<Parameters>
    <Airport>
    <ICAO>MMMX</ICAO>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R23R</Runway>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveTakeOffRunway>
        <Runway>R23L</Runway>
    </ActiveTakeOffRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R23R</Runway>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    <ActiveLandingRunway>
        <Runway>R23L</Runway>
    </ActiveLandingRunway>
    </Airport>

</Parameters>

Deducing, the cause of the problem could have been these 2 lines:

<ApproachName> XXXX </ApproachName>
<ApproachType> ILS </ApproachType>

I will continue to test more airports to be 100% sure of this, although at the moment, I'm 90% certain that it's the issue.

Regards

Edited by padrot
Add more info
  • Upvote 1

Iván Guerrero

Hi and thanks for that great tool!

a great addition would be the possibility to specify the type/weight of aircraft taking off or landing on a specific runway so you could assign the really long ones for heavies (A330 / B777 and above) and having the smaller ones use shorter runways for better distribution.

the FS makes a break between heavy an "not so heavy" somewhere between A320/B737 and A321/B757 using 2.500meters and above for the heavies which is rather short ,-) 

regards

jp

Edited by data63

1 hour ago, data63 said:

Hi and thanks for that great tool!

a great addition would be the possibility to specify the type/weight of aircraft taking off or landing on a specific runway so you could assign the really long ones for heavies (A330 / B777 and above) and having the smaller ones use shorter runways for better distribution.

the FS makes a break between heavy an "not so heavy" somewhere between A320/B737 and A321/B757 using 2.500meters and above for the heavies which is rather short ,-) 

regards

jp

Pretty sure it already does this no?

DB

On 1/26/2021 at 3:03 AM, Wolkenschreck said:

And here is a brief, extended overview with all the functions that were so far added: 

• ICAO: ICAO name if you are going to set Active Runways and Approaches is needed. Only one ICAO is allowed at the moment.
  • ActiveTakeOffRunway: Name of the active runway for Takeoffs for the ICAO entered above. If more than one entry is present, the sim will assign to each a probability based on the number of entries (2 => 50%, 3 => 33%, and so on)
  • ActiveLandingRunway: Name of the active runway for Landings for the ICAO entered above. If more than one entry is present, the sim will assign to each a probability based on the number of entries (2 => 50%, 3 => 33%, and so on)
  • ApproachName: (Optional for ActiveLandingRunway) and ApproachType (Optional for ActiveLandingRunway): Name and Type of the approach to fly for that active runway.
  • ApproachType: needs to be present if ApproachName is entered. You can get this from your ADE information. If BOTH not included, ILS approach for that runway will be selected.
  • EnableFastTakeOff: will line up and then take off. Faster than the default hold.
  • AllowTakeOffDistance: (in meters), will allow AI to take off if an AI is landing same runways when the distance is < AllowTakeOffDistance (ex 6000 meters, will let take off if landing AI is further than 6000 meters)
  • TaxiSpeedLimiter: is the limit to the 20 knots default speed. you can increase it (taxi speed on runways is capped at 35 knots by default AI behaviour)
  • RunwayTaxiSpeed: will apply a new taxi speed ONLY on AIs vacating runways
  • enableRollthenTakeOff: will let the AI lineup while the AI which lands and vacates the runway
  • minCrossingRny: (in meters). Lets AI cross runways/taxi intersections if blocking AI is > than minCrossingRny. There are also other ground algorithms that prevent non blocking situations with AIs and airport scenery/simobjects
  • isGUIVisible: turns on or off the GUI. Just leave it in 1 = On for the moment.
  • voidTimer: stands for non-reacting AI traffic disappears after xxx seconds
  • EmptyWeightLimit: prevents AIs, which exceeds the set weight, from landing or taking off from a runway (units are in Pounds!)
  • TaxiSeparationMultiplier: will increase spacing between AI that taxi on the ground
  • ATCModel: force certain ATC Models to land/take off on assigned runways. For example, use <ATCModel>A321</ATCModel> to assign all A321 to that runway. Or use an ! exclamation mark <ATCModel>!A321</ATCModel> to prevent all A321 to use a specified runway.

There is how this condition "ATCModel" is added for certain aircraft use a specific runway.

Edited by padrot

Iván Guerrero

Hey All, I am posting ATCAPI 1.0.0.5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6f07q9j1box4y1/ATCAPI.dll?dl=0

Backup your original DLL and replace it with this one. Fixes are: runway and taxi speeds are working both in v4 and v5. Stability fixes, CTD fixes, user AI fixes as well.

I will be taking some time off, maybe couple of months to take care my real life business, but will be watching the forums from time to time. Also @Wolkenschreck and @cmdn and ohers such as Dmitriy can help you out with setups and help, as they been testing this DLL heavily.

See you soon.

Thanks

Federico

Edited by fs1
  • Like 9

Federico Sucari

Thanks Federico, 👍

Will try the new version out at the weekend.

Wishing you the best in continuing your real life business ventures.

Keep safe and well.

Cheers

Mark

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

3 hours ago, fs1 said:

Hey All, I am posting ATCAPI 1.0.0.5

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v6f07q9j1box4y1/ATCAPI.dll?dl=0

Backup your original DLL and replace it with this one. Fixes are: runway and taxi speeds are working both in v4 and v5. Stability fixes, CTD fixes, user AI fixes as well.

I will be taking some time off, maybe couple of months to take care my real life business, but will be watching the forums from time to time. Also @Wolkenschreck and @cmdn and ohers such as Dmitriy can help you out with setups and help, as they been testing this DLL heavily.

See you soon.

Thanks

Federico

Thanks for all Federico. I guess we can use the former config.xml files. Do we have a template where all of the allowed config.xml syntax is listed? 

Have a good time and stay healthy. See you back here in a few months.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Newbie user here -- is there a manual or specific post available that documents how to use this? If not, no problem, I guess I'll have to wade through all 24 pages of posts 😞

Have a great weekend everybody!

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

13 hours ago, padrot said:

There is how this condition "ATCModel" is added for certain aircraft use a specific runway.

word not allowed... missed that - thanks for pointing me to it

• Like 1