Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

On 6/13/2021 at 10:55 AM, vl1 said:

I have set

<taxiSpeedLimiter>35</TaxiSpeedLimiter>
    <runwayTaxiSpeed>50</runwayTaxiSpeed>

But on the runway the ac are very slow. And I think they are not doing more then 30 on the ground?

Please advice, maybe there is a P3D limitation that overrides the "50" digit. I more interested in runway vacation speed

thanx guys!

The limit is 35 kts. If you set it at higher speed, the AI may miss the exit (in the case of 90 degrees exit), that is why I capped it tp 35

Edited by fs1
  • Like 1

Federico Sucari

Just one quick question,

could someone try to use ATCAPI with flightbeam KSFO. 
I am having a problem with aircraft taking off from 01L and 01R. 

-when the Ai is cleared to line up and takeoff then no problem. 

-when the aircraft is cleared to lineup and wait due to other traffic on take off or initial climb, then the Ai will lineup but the ATC will never give the take off clearance. 

there is no landing traffic on these runways.

the 28L and 28R are used for take off but there is no issue with these 2 runways. 

Am I missing something? Is there something to do in the afcad? 

thanks! 

Hi all,

if I remove the airport parameters in the config file, will the AI settings be applied to all airports?

I like the idea of the AI settings, just not sure I can be bothered setting it for every airport I fly too.

also, any effect or issue using with AIFlow or AIGround?

cheers

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

9 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Hi all,

if I remove the airport parameters in the config file, will the AI settings be applied to all airports?

I like the idea of the AI settings, just not sure I can be bothered setting it for every airport I fly too.

also, any effect or issue using with AIFlow or AIGround?

cheers

Hi, I don't use AIFlow nor AIGround but for your first question, it's a yes, you can remove ICAO airports and runways and the add-on app still works perfectly for every airport in the sim. What I do is just remove ICAO letters and runway numbers.

Sergio Naiberg

Just now, SergioN said:

Hi, I don't use AIFlow nor AIGround but for your first question, it's a yes, you can remove ICAO airports and runways and the add-on app still works perfectly for every airport in the sim. What I do is just remove ICAO letters and runway numbers.

Perfect! Thanks for the reply. I’ll try out over the weekend.

• Like 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

19 hours ago, cmdn said:

Just one quick question,

could someone try to use ATCAPI with flightbeam KSFO. 
I am having a problem with aircraft taking off from 01L and 01R. 

-when the Ai is cleared to line up and takeoff then no problem. 

-when the aircraft is cleared to lineup and wait due to other traffic on take off or initial climb, then the Ai will lineup but the ATC will never give the take off clearance. 

there is no landing traffic on these runways.

the 28L and 28R are used for take off but there is no issue with these 2 runways. 

Am I missing something? Is there something to do in the afcad? 

thanks! 

What runways do you have in the config.xml file for SFO? Maybe post  your config feel so we can take a look,.

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

12 hours ago, 787flyer said:

What runways do you have in the config.xml file for SFO? Maybe post  your config feel so we can take a look,.

Disregard my post, Something was wrong with the afcad file. (Runways were not set correctly) that’s why aircraft would not take off. 

Hi Frederico,

EmptyWeightLimit: prevents AIs, which exceeds the set weight, from landing or taking off from a runway (units are in Pounds!)

would be another element possible with a lower limit value, so preventing AI which undercut the set weight from landing or taking off from a runway?

Thank you for your awesome work!

rgds,

Ron

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

On 8/17/2021 at 6:15 PM, Ronaldo1978 said:

Hi Frederico,

EmptyWeightLimit: prevents AIs, which exceeds the set weight, from landing or taking off from a runway (units are in Pounds!)

would be another element possible with a lower limit value, so preventing AI which undercut the set weight from landing or taking off from a runway?

rgds,

Ron

Ron, 

An easy workaround would be to use the force aircraft feature to have them use a specific runway. A bit more work because you have to list out the aircraft individually, but it should work just as well. 

22 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

An easy workaround would be to use the force aircraft feature to have them use a specific runway. A bit more work because you have to list out the aircraft individually, but it should work just as well. 

Yeah already do this by ATCModels. Thanks.

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

Hi All

Just discovered this great app (I live under a rock...), congratulations to the developer and testers! I’ve read this thread front to back (and back to front!) and just have a couple of questions. Did the Simstarter integration ever happen? And which is the better “flow program” to use? AI flow works well but appears too aggressive and fs separation only appears to work intermittently on my system, I keep getting an “error in program” message.

Many thanks for any help

Kind regards

G

On 12/8/2020 at 6:56 AM, fs1 said:

I have updated this new tool to include several airports simultaneously to the config file. Fix log below:

- Added support for several airports. Each airport is grouped in the <Airport></Airport> tag

- Fixed runway probabilities assignments

- Now you can provide probabilities to each Runway. See example below on KJFK, R04R for take off (<Probability>0.7</Probability>). The  <Probability> tag is optional, if you dont included, each Runway will be assigned equal probabilities (see KLGA second airport, has no probabilities)

- Fixed Taxi Speed Limiter. It will *only* apply to the AIs vacating the runway. Default speed after reverse & braking is set to 20kts. This will help AI vacate faster the runway (it is capped to 35kts if not AI may missed the exit). I can work on a general Taxi Speed change if you feel it is a good feature.

- Optimization of non-blocking algorithm while taxiing.

The flaps seems to be fixed, if someone want to give it a try I appreciate it reporting back.

Link to download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8drsngge4qxml9l/ATCAPI v1.0.0.2.zip?dl=0

Example of Config File:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<Parameters>
	<Airport>
	<ICAO>KJFK</ICAO>
	<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
		<Runway>R13R</Runway>
		<Probability>0.1</Probability>
	</ActiveTakeOffRunway>
	<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
		<Runway>R04R</Runway>
		<Probability>0.7</Probability>
	</ActiveTakeOffRunway>
	<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
		<Runway>R04L</Runway>
		<Probability>0.2</Probability>
	</ActiveTakeOffRunway>
	<ActiveLandingRunway>
		<Runway>R04L</Runway>
		<ApproachName>KRSTL</ApproachName>
		<ApproachType>ILS</ApproachType>
		<Probability>0.7</Probability>
	</ActiveLandingRunway>
	<ActiveLandingRunway>
		<Runway>R04R</Runway>
		<Probability>0.2</Probability>
	</ActiveLandingRunway>
	<ActiveLandingRunway>
		<Runway>R13R</Runway>
		<Probability>0.1</Probability>
	</ActiveLandingRunway>
	</Airport>
	<Airport>
	<ICAO>KLGA</ICAO>
	<ActiveTakeOffRunway>
		<Runway>R13</Runway>
	</ActiveTakeOffRunway>
	<ActiveLandingRunway>
		<Runway>R22</Runway>
	</ActiveLandingRunway>
	</Airport>
	<enableFastTakeOffs>1</EnableFastTakeOffs>
	<allowTakeOffDistance>4000</AllowTakeOffDistance>
	<taxiSpeedLimiter>30</TaxiSpeedLimiter>
	<enableRollthenTakeOff>1</enableRollthenTakeOff>
	<minCrossingRny>2000</minCrossingRny>
	<isGUIVisible>1</isGUIVisible>

</Parameters>

**In the works**.

Short Term:

- Be able to set rules tied to simvars to assign active runways (such as wind, ICAO codes, etc)

- A GUI instead of an XML for better handling

- SID and STARs. ATC Holds

Longer term:

- Spacing algorithm while AIs are in the air.

So Testers who want to start testing NEW builds please PM me.

Thanks!

Is there any way to make version 1.0.0.2 compatible with v5.2HF1? This application is definitely in my top 3 most useful addons, but after upgrading to v5.2 and being forced to use the latest version of the application, I've been having numerous issues with AI taxiing into each other and doing weird taxi patterns where they make U-turns instead of doing regular turns (taxiway to taxiway situations, not runway to taxiway). I also had FPS issues with every version after 1.0.0.2. I understand your schedule might be packed, and appreciate this being freeware(!!!), but if you do have some time to make this version 5.2 compatible, it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks

3 minutes ago, alex86 said:

Is there any way to make version 1.0.0.2 compatible with v5.2HF1? This application is definitely in my top 3 most useful addons, but after upgrading to v5.2 and being forced to use the latest version of the application, I've been having numerous issues with AI taxiing into each other and doing weird taxi patterns where they make U-turns instead of doing regular turns (taxiway to taxiway situations, not runway to taxiway). I also had FPS issues with every version after 1.0.0.2. I understand your schedule might be packed, and appreciate this being freeware(!!!), but if you do have some time to make this version 5.2 compatible, it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks

I can confirm also that after version 1.0.0.2 there is a noticeable FPS hit after a while (probably as soon as the AI start their approach).

• Upvote 1

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

On 8/18/2021 at 12:15 AM, Ronaldo1978 said:

Hi Frederico,

rgds,

Ron

Hi Ron! A minimum weight was something we had in our minds during the design and testing phase, but with limited time on Federico's side was the priority the maximum weight. Maybe something for a later update.

On 8/20/2021 at 8:55 PM, alex86 said:

Thanks

Hey Alex! Never saw something similar during testing. Is there any airport where I could check the weird taxi patterns? The taxing into each other-issue could be related to the taxi speed. Most AI FDEs have too weak breaks, which will show such behavior on long and straight taxiways. But the config.xml you posted is outdated. Federico included a <TaxiSeparationMultiplier>2.3</TaxiSeparationMultiplier> for me, which increases the distances aircraft will keep between each other on the ground. This should help a bit to reduce the problem.

I will need to take a deeper look into the FPS problem, as I could not recreate it on my end now or during testing. Could you or Balint give me a time and airport where I can recreate this? Thanks.

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

3 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Hi Ron! A minimum weight was something we had in our minds during the design and testing phase, but with limited time on Federico's side was the priority the maximum weight. Maybe something for a later update.

Hey Alex! Never saw something similar during testing. Is there any airport where I could check the weird taxi patterns? The taxing into each other-issue could be related to the taxi speed. Most AI FDEs have too weak breaks, which will show such behavior on long and straight taxiways. But the config.xml you posted is outdated. Federico included a <TaxiSeparationMultiplier>2.3</TaxiSeparationMultiplier> for me, which increases the distances aircraft will keep between each other on the ground. This should help a bit to reduce the problem.

I will need to take a deeper look into the FPS problem, as I could not recreate it on my end now or during testing. Could you or Balint give me a time and airport where I can recreate this? Thanks.

Sure, I’ll try to get some info in on those in the upcoming days (due to work). 

Thanks for looking into this matter 😊😉

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER