Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

3 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

Hey Alex! Never saw something similar during testing. Is there any airport where I could check the weird taxi patterns? The taxing into each other-issue could be related to the taxi speed. Most AI FDEs have too weak breaks, which will show such behavior on long and straight taxiways. But the config.xml you posted is outdated. Federico included a <TaxiSeparationMultiplier>2.3</TaxiSeparationMultiplier> for me, which increases the distances aircraft will keep between each other on the ground. This should help a bit to reduce the problem.

I will need to take a deeper look into the FPS problem, as I could not recreate it on my end now or during testing. Could you or Balint give me a time and airport where I can recreate this? Thanks.

Hey Christoph, thanks for the reply! To be honest with you, I haven't experimented too much with the taxi speed, but let me try to reset everything to default and take it from there. Maybe it's something on my end that I messed up. I noticed the issues with the aircraft taxiing into each other at KORD, after I updated p3d to v5.2 from 5.0 and was forced to update ATCAPI.dll to make it compatible as well. Like I said, let me try to reset everything to default settings in the config.xml and see if it gets resolved. Thanks again!

On 8/24/2021 at 6:47 PM, Wolkenschreck said:

Hi Ron! A minimum weight was something we had in our minds during the design and testing phase, but with limited time on Federico's side was the priority the maximum weight. Maybe something for a later update.

This is fine, Christoph, thank you! 🙂

brgds, Ron

Flying P3Dv5 with PMDG 737 NGXu, 747v3, 777; QW 787; Orbx; Chaseplane, AI Lights Reborn Pro, Lots of AI, AIController

Visit www.airlinesim.aero

@fs1

Any idea what could cause this problem?

After loading up in the sim, in the GUI the Active Runways feed of the main window reads 

"NONE - Check Indexes for Mismatch Runways"

I have tried replacing the config file with the default one and still the same thing. When I remove all <airport> entries, the window goes blank instead, but any <airport> entry gives this problem. 

I am using P3D 5.2 HF1 and ATCAPI1-0-0-6. 

3 minutes ago, DChockey08 said:

@fs1

Any idea what could cause this problem?

After loading up in the sim, in the GUI the Active Runways feed of the main window reads 

"NONE - Check Indexes for Mismatch Runways"

I have tried replacing the config file with the default one and still the same thing. When I remove all <airport> entries, the window goes blank instead, but any <airport> entry gives this problem. 

I am using P3D 5.2 HF1 and ATCAPI1-0-0-6. 

Disregard this. 

The issue was resolved when I actually updated to 1-0-0-6. The dll in the add-ons folder was still the old one. I thought I had replaced it but I guess not. 

All square. 

Has anyone encountered an issue with AI Flow or AI Ground only connecting at certain airports? I've been unable to get it to connect at KMSP and KSFO ever, even though it works at airports like KORD and KJFK. It just continues to show the following message:

AI Flow Ver. 1.1.0 for P3D V4 or V5

Waiting to detect AI aircraft within 200000 meters (107.98 nautical miles) of the user's aircraft's current position.

Traffic flow operations may not be immediately reported (e.g., AI not currently close to each other, light traffic).

The AI Flow Program has connected to the P3D flight simulator!

| User's aircraft is nearest ????.  ||All ICAO(s) in the same area as user's aircraft are also monitored.      ||

Same with AI Ground. It's never worked for me at a single airport. 

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jeremy

On 8/20/2021 at 3:00 PM, Balint Szarka said:

I can confirm also that after version 1.0.0.2 there is a noticeable FPS hit after a while (probably as soon as the AI start their approach).

So I've noticed the same, that as soon as AI start their approach, FPS starts dipping progressively. As soon as I change the time(resetting AI), FPS goes back to normal, until AI start their approach again. Is anybody else but you and me experiencing this issue? I want to say that I lose on average up to 7-10 FPS as soon as airplanes start their approach. 

• Upvote 1

Same here.  Lost about 10 to 12 FPS spotting at ATL with the program(latest version) and P3DV5.2 HF1.  Love the program, hope it gets worked out.  Made Atlanta actually fun to watch all the ai coming and going efficiently.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Frostee said:

Same here.  Lost about 10 to 12 FPS spotting at ATL with the program(latest version) and P3DV5.2 HF1.  Love the program, hope it gets worked out.  Made Atlanta actually fun to watch all the ai coming and going efficiently.

Just wondering if its the program per se or the extra computation allocated in running the AI traffic?

In other words, will you not get an fps drop in a similar situation with the dll disabled?

I reinstalled 5.1 and use version 1.0.2 now and it’s back to normal FPS. Maybe the latest version interacts negatively with other programs on isolated systems,  and maybe that’s why not everybody experiences this issue. This tool is such a crucial tool that I’d rather revert back to 5.1 than be without it. 

3 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Just wondering if its the program per se or the extra computation allocated in running the AI traffic?

In other words, will you not get an fps drop in a similar situation with the dll disabled?

Negative.  Tested without dll and same level of traffic, about 55% on the slider and fps is steady, no drops, even after 40 mins setting up the fslabs airbus to fly.

16 hours ago, alex86 said:

I reinstalled 5.1 and use version 1.0.2 now and it’s back to normal FPS. Maybe the latest version interacts negatively with other programs on isolated systems,  and maybe that’s why not everybody experiences this issue. This tool is such a crucial tool that I’d rather revert back to 5.1 than be without it. 

I have uploaded 1.0.0.3 version compatible with 5.2. See if FPS is better. Link here

Federico Sucari

1 hour ago, fs1 said:

I have uploaded 1.0.0.3 version compatible with 5.2. See if FPS is better. Link here

Thanks. Will try that asap.

• Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 hours ago, fs1 said:

Thank you for trying but looks like that the last version that did NOT reduce the FPS was 1.0.0.2. I have just tried in KORD and noticed about at least 10 FPS drop within a minute or two after first couple of A/C had the RWY's assigned for them for landing. I don't mind loosing out on a few less important features for this tool just to achieve no FPS loss at all. Thus I would not mind having to carry on on version 1.0.0.2 but have it compatible with the P3D 5.2. 

Once again thanks for trying Federico.

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER

@Balint Szarka please disable all taxi feautures and see if FPS are back.

I will try to compile a 1.0.0.2 version, but probably within the next days.

• Like 1

Federico Sucari

10 hours ago, fs1 said:

@Balint Szarka please disable all taxi feautures and see if FPS are back.

I will try to compile a 1.0.0.2 version, but probably within the next days.

I will try today and report back 😉 Thank you

Balint Szarka

CPU Intel i9 9900K OC'd to 5Ghz

RAM 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz (2 x 16GB)

GPU 8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER