Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

Problem Solved, installed VS 2015-2019.

Have a nice weekend

Hi there,

Interested in this but there are no installation instructions in the download. Can someone point me to what goes where for install please?

Thanks,

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Oh and also wondering about is this compatible with aittp / aiflow / aicull? I don't know if these are designed to work together or if they pose a conflict.

I'm using p3d v5.3.

Thank you!

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Hi Purr,

Download and unzip it.

Transfer the complete folder to your P3D Add-ons folder.

When P3d starts it should load the .dll automatically when you start up the sim.

Then edit the config.xml so that the departure and arrival runways are set correctly for your airports you are flying between using the ICAO idents.

You can re-load the config.xml at any time once you are in the sim via the ATCAPI UI that should appear when the sim starts. This makes it possible that if you have certain runways configured at the beginning of your flight and the wind changes at you rdestination you can update the config.xml file and it can be re-read in order for the traffic to be assigned to the correct runways.

Re other ATC utlities yes it is possible to run them in parallel. Some of these are mentioned in this thread but much earlier on -take a look at the first 10 pages. Some parameters in the config. xml may need to be adjusted though or removed.

Have fun!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

12 hours ago, 787flyer said:

Hi Purr,

Download and unzip it.

Transfer the complete folder to your P3D Add-ons folder.

When P3d starts it should load the .dll automatically when you start up the sim.

Then edit the config.xml so that the departure and arrival runways are set correctly for your airports you are flying between using the ICAO idents.

You can re-load the config.xml at any time once you are in the sim via the ATCAPI UI that should appear when the sim starts. This makes it possible that if you have certain runways configured at the beginning of your flight and the wind changes at you rdestination you can update the config.xml file and it can be re-read in order for the traffic to be assigned to the correct runways.

Re other ATC utlities yes it is possible to run them in parallel. Some of these are mentioned in this thread but much earlier on -take a look at the first 10 pages. Some parameters in the config. xml may need to be adjusted though or removed.

Have fun!

Thank you, Mike! Much appreciated.

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Good Morning Guys:

The AIG Conversion Team just released the A330 200/200F/300/NEO models (On the Alpha India Group Forum), they are ready for download and also a bunch of repaints in several places.

Tony RD

AIG Conversion Team

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm wondering if anyone else suspects that ATCAPI is causing CTD's in V5.3+. I don't know for certain, but I'm running without it off for a while to see if I can eliminate a CTD that happens to me at cruise in all multiple add-on planes and different parts of the world. 

I'm a bit lost when reading through the last pages.

What is the current version?

Where can I download it?

Which version is recommended for P3Dv5.3?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Is anybody using this successfully in 5.3 HF1+1? I’d feel hesitant to upgrade if it wasn’t working properly. Thanks

On 12/24/2021 at 2:36 PM, Nemo said:

Where can I download it?

See 1st post????

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 12/26/2021 at 8:06 AM, jimcarrel said:

See 1st post????

1st post doesn't have the latest version. The first post link is 1.0.0.1

I agree can we have a constant link or something to always have the latest?

On 12/24/2021 at 9:36 PM, Nemo said:

Where can I download it?

The current version is 1.0.0.6 and can be downloaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q22cfj9114id0te/ATCAPI 1-0-0-6..zip?dl=0

ATCAPI 1.0.0.6 was compiled for P3D 5.2 and does still work with P3D 5.3.

And here is a brief, extended overview with all the functions that were so far added: 

• ICAO: ICAO name if you are going to set Active Runways and Approaches is needed. Only one ICAO is allowed at the moment.
  • ActiveTakeOffRunway: Name of the active runway for Takeoffs for the ICAO entered above. If more than one entry is present, the sim will assign to each a probability based on the number of entries (2 => 50%, 3 => 33%, and so on)
  • ActiveLandingRunway: Name of the active runway for Landings for the ICAO entered above. If more than one entry is present, the sim will assign to each a probability based on the number of entries (2 => 50%, 3 => 33%, and so on)
  • ApproachName: (Optional for ActiveLandingRunway) and ApproachType (Optional for ActiveLandingRunway): Name and Type of the approach to fly for that active runway.
  • ApproachType: needs to be present if ApproachName is entered. You can get this from your ADE information. If BOTH not included, ILS approach for that runway will be selected.
  • EnableFastTakeOff: will line up and then take off. Faster than the default hold.
  • AllowTakeOffDistance: (in meters), will allow AI to take off if an AI is landing same runways when the distance is < AllowTakeOffDistance (ex 6000 meters, will let take off if landing AI is further than 6000 meters)
  • TaxiSpeedLimiter: is the limit to the 20 knots default speed. you can increase it (taxi speed on runways is capped at 35 knots by default AI behaviour)
  • RunwayTaxiSpeed: will apply a new taxi speed ONLY on AIs vacating runways
  • enableRollthenTakeOff: will let the AI lineup while the AI which lands and vacates the runway
  • minCrossingRny: (in meters). Lets AI cross runways/taxi intersections if blocking AI is > than minCrossingRny. There are also other ground algorithms that prevent non blocking situations with AIs and airport scenery/simobjects
  • isGUIVisible: turns on or off the GUI. Just leave it in 1 = On for the moment.
  • voidTimer: stands for non-reacting AI traffic disappears after xxx seconds
  • EmptyWeightLimit: prevents AIs, which exceeds the set weight, from landing or taking off from a runway (units are in Pounds!)
  • TaxiSeparationMultiplier: will increase spacing between AI that taxi on the ground
  • ATCModel: force certain ATC Models to land/take off on assigned runways. For example, use <ATCModel>A321</ATCModel> to assign all A321 to that runway. Or use an ! exclamation mark <ATCModel>!A321</ATCModel> to prevent all A321 to use a specified runway.

And if you only want to use the app without and runway configurations, and just benefit from the improved traffic flow features, use a similar configuration like mine.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<Parameters>
    <enableFastTakeOffs>1</EnableFastTakeOffs>
    <allowTakeOffDistance>6000</AllowTakeOffDistance>
    <taxiSpeedLimiter>30</TaxiSpeedLimiter>
    <runwayTaxiSpeed>29</runwayTaxiSpeed>
    <enableRollthenTakeOff>1</enableRollthenTakeOff>
    <minCrossingRny>1000</minCrossingRny>
    <isGUIVisible>1</isGUIVisible>
    <voidTimer>600</voidTimer>
    <TaxiSeparationMultiplier>2.2</TaxiSeparationMultiplier>
</Parameters>

• Like 4

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Wolkenschreck said:

And if you only want to use the app without and runway configurations, and just benefit from the improved traffic flow features, use a similar configuration like mine.

Exactly what I'm looking for, thanks.

Are there stability issues with this tool? I ask because I had regular CTDs when jumping a lot between airfields. I don't recall which version I was using...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

8 hours ago, Wolkenschreck said:

The current version is 1.0.0.6 and can be downloaded here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q22cfj9114id0te/ATCAPI 1-0-0-6..zip?dl=0

ATCAPI 1.0.0.6 was compiled for P3D 5.2 and does still work with P3D 5.3.

And here is a brief, extended overview with all the functions that were so far added: 

Thank you! Is there also a list of al possible runway parameters out there? I saw some recently that weren't in any samples, like:

<ATCModel>!A321,!B739,!B77W,!A359,!A35K,!A388,!B744,!B748</ATCModel>

<EmptyWeightLimit>200000</EmptyWeightLimit>

Are there any that have to do with callsign?

Thanks!

On 12/24/2021 at 8:36 PM, Chapstick said:

I'm wondering if anyone else suspects that ATCAPI is causing CTD's in V5.3+. I don't know for certain, but I'm running without it off for a while to see if I can eliminate a CTD that happens to me at cruise in all multiple add-on planes and different parts of the world. 

Chapstick-  I do suspect something weird is going on. I didnt have exactly the same issue as you, but with v5.3 HF1+ I was having issues with P3D loading up correctly.

I removed all the add-ons using the XML method and progressively re-added them and found that when ATCAPI was loaded, P3D would not properly load up ie. P3D started and I could configure the flight but it would crash out when trying to load the scenery files.

If I removed the ATC API add-on folder (this being the only change), it would load normally, but upon re-adding that folder, P3D would fail to load again. It was quite reproducible today.

I am not sure what is causing this since it was behaving itself in P3D v5.1 HF1 I had previously installed running exactly the same version of the .DLL.

Anyway, my solution was to delete the entire (existing) ATCAPI Add-on folder in the Prepar3D v5 Add-ons and create a brand new Add-on folder with the latest .DLL file (v1.0.0.6) . 

I used the download from Wolkenschreck above.

Note:  the link to the download from Dropbox does not include the Config.xml file though!

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!