Sign in to follow this  
fs1

New ATC and Airport Operations Application Testing

30 minutes ago, robschofield said:

I had P3Dv4.5 HF2 CTD at 100% loading at a number of airports in South Germamy/East Switzerland this weekend. After having spent a day isolating scenery and traffic files, moving back to ATCAPI 1.0.3 from 1.0.4 fixed it. 1.0.4 would also work if i removed all traffic files from the active directories.

Just in case this helps with Testing/debugging.

What is the name of the module responsible for the CTD?

• Upvote 1

@robschofield I have updated the download link for 1.0.0.4 fixing a random CTD. Anyway, if you can provide me more information on the CTD Event Log I appreciate it.

You can re-downaload the DLL from the original link and you can try now.

Thanks

Federico

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Frederico

All the same - Kernelbase.dll

Faulting application name: Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.5.14.34698, time stamp: 0x5e94b5c2
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.662, time stamp: 0xec58f015
Exception code: 0xc0020001
Fault offset: 0x000000000002d759
Faulting process ID: 0x23cc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d6f1c1b5c48079
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: 5a8df9f1-cb61-4785-ba5f-6bb43db05237
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Will ty v4 update now.

Regards

Rob 

Can you add this line to the XML file <Debug>1</Debug> and run P3D and the addon? There will be txt logs in the DLL's folder. If you can zip all txt files and send them to me at fsprgrs at gmail com

Thanks

Federico Sucari

Frederico,

FYI your new 1.0.0.4 version crash my P3D almost instantaneously. I cannot even launch a single flight.

Hopefuly I had saved the previous 1.0.04 version that I reinstalled and everything is back to normal.

Philippe 

Just a few observations after testing and taking a flight out of KSFO the last few days:

1) This is a solid version. The addition of the specific aircraft to specific runways is a key feature. Ex: at SFO now heavy aircraft no longer use 1R, and exclusively use 28L. This is a good feature and works well for the AI. 

2) It looks like, however, these rules do not apply to the user aircraft? I set up to have 747's using only 28L, which worked perfectly with all the AI, but I (a 747) was asked by ATC to taxi to runway 1R. 

3) Taxi speeds on runway, as I understand it, are only activated if there is a plane waiting to takeoff from that runway? Is there any way these can be enabled at all times? I'm still having way too many go-arounds from planes taxiing at 10- knots on the runway after slowing down. 

4) Not sure if anything can be done about this, but it's frustrating to see two planes right behind one another on one runway while the other runway is vacant. Example: I use 28L and 28R for landings and I see often two planes simultaneously coming in to land on 28L (leading to a go around), and then a few minutes later the same on 28R. Would have been prevented had the planes been landing on opposite runways at the same time. I don't know if anything can be done about this, or whether it will be fixed with the "spacing" element. Considering AI traffic all have different paths to the runway depending on their "appearing" point, I don't think just assigning a "one runway then the other" would really fix it...

5) Spacing for takeoffs works great and leads to less departure delays. Great feature. Just had two planes landing on 28L with a bit of space between the two. After the first touched down, the aircraft holding short taxied into position and was cleared just as the aircraft was clearing the runway. The departing plane took off and the second landing plane landed just after. Very, very neat feature that mimics the real world. 

I'll post some more if I can think of any more feedback!

21 minutes ago, robschofield said:

Log Exception Files just sent by email Frederico.

Regards

Rob

Thanks, problem identified. I will send you an email with a new build

Federico Sucari

5 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

Just a few observations after testing and taking a flight out of KSFO the last few days:

1) This is a solid version. The addition of the specific aircraft to specific runways is a key feature. Ex: at SFO now heavy aircraft no longer use 1R, and exclusively use 28L. This is a good feature and works well for the AI. 

2) It looks like, however, these rules do not apply to the user aircraft? I set up to have 747's using only 28L, which worked perfectly with all the AI, but I (a 747) was asked by ATC to taxi to runway 1R. 

3) Taxi speeds on runway, as I understand it, are only activated if there is a plane waiting to takeoff from that runway? Is there any way these can be enabled at all times? I'm still having way too many go-arounds from planes taxiing at 10- knots on the runway after slowing down. 

4) Not sure if anything can be done about this, but it's frustrating to see two planes right behind one another on one runway while the other runway is vacant. Example: I use 28L and 28R for landings and I see often two planes simultaneously coming in to land on 28L (leading to a go around), and then a few minutes later the same on 28R. Would have been prevented had the planes been landing on opposite runways at the same time. I don't know if anything can be done about this, or whether it will be fixed with the "spacing" element. Considering AI traffic all have different paths to the runway depending on their "appearing" point, I don't think just assigning a "one runway then the other" would really fix it...

5) Spacing for takeoffs works great and leads to less departure delays. Great feature. Just had two planes landing on 28L with a bit of space between the two. After the first touched down, the aircraft holding short taxied into position and was cleared just as the aircraft was clearing the runway. The departing plane took off and the second landing plane landed just after. Very, very neat feature that mimics the real world. 

Thanks.

Regarding 2) the new build is suppose to work with User Aircarft. Is this not working in your case?

In regards to 3) I will look to add this to all landed AIs when on runways, looking at vacating.

4) Spacing is forthcoming!

Federico

Edited by fs1

Federico Sucari

Hi all, where can I get the 1.0.0.4 version ? I can’t seem to see the new link on the thread. I love this software it really is a game changer and helps replicate real world ops 

16 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

Hear hear!  Would love to see the runway taxi speed for all AI arrivals indeed, for sake of quickly vacating the runway

55 minutes ago, James Amayo said:

Hi all, where can I get the 1.0.0.4 version ? I can’t seem to see the new link on the thread. I love this software it really is a game changer and helps replicate real world ops 

Hi James,

You can find the latest build here: 
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c4iez9o1v7mvfxf/ATCAPI 1.0.0.4.zip?dl=0

And here is a brief, extended overview with all the functions that were so far added: 

• ICAO: ICAO name if you are going to set Active Runways and Approaches is needed. Only one ICAO is allowed at the moment.
  • ActiveTakeOffRunway: Name of the active runway for Takeoffs for the ICAO entered above. If more than one entry is present, the sim will assign to each a probability based on the number of entries (2 => 50%, 3 => 33%, and so on)
  • ActiveLandingRunway: Name of the active runway for Landings for the ICAO entered above. If more than one entry is present, the sim will assign to each a probability based on the number of entries (2 => 50%, 3 => 33%, and so on)
  • ApproachName: (Optional for ActiveLandingRunway) and ApproachType (Optional for ActiveLandingRunway): Name and Type of the approach to fly for that active runway.
  • ApproachType: needs to be present if ApproachName is entered. You can get this from your ADE information. If BOTH not included, ILS approach for that runway will be selected.
  • EnableFastTakeOff: will line up and then take off. Faster than the default hold.
  • AllowTakeOffDistance: (in meters), will allow AI to take off if an AI is landing same runways when the distance is < AllowTakeOffDistance (ex 6000 meters, will let take off if landing AI is further than 6000 meters)
  • TaxiSpeedLimiter: is the limit to the 20 knots default speed. you can increase it (taxi speed on runways is capped at 35 knots by default AI behaviour)
  • RunwayTaxiSpeed: will apply a new taxi speed ONLY on AIs vacating runways
  • enableRollthenTakeOff: will let the AI lineup while the AI which lands and vacates the runway
  • minCrossingRny: (in meters). Lets AI cross runways/taxi intersections if blocking AI is > than minCrossingRny. There are also other ground algorithms that prevent non blocking situations with AIs and airport scenery/simobjects
  • isGUIVisible: turns on or off the GUI. Just leave it in 1 = On for the moment.
  • voidTimer: stands for non-reacting AI traffic disappears after xxx seconds
  • EmptyWeightLimit: prevents AIs, which exceeds the set weight, from landing or taking off from a runway (units are in Pounds!)
  • TaxiSeparationMultiplier: will increase spacing between AI that taxi on the ground
  • ATCModel: force certain ATC Models to land/take off on assigned runways. For example, use <ATCModel>A321</ATCModel> to assign all A321 to that runway. Or use an ! exclamation mark <ATCModel>!A321</ATCModel> to prevent all A321 to use a specified runway.

And if you only want to use the app without and runway configurations, and just benefit from the improved traffic flow features, use a similar configuration like mine.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8' ?>
<Parameters>
    <enableFastTakeOffs>1</EnableFastTakeOffs>
    <allowTakeOffDistance>6000</AllowTakeOffDistance>
    <taxiSpeedLimiter>30</TaxiSpeedLimiter>
    <runwayTaxiSpeed>29</runwayTaxiSpeed>
    <enableRollthenTakeOff>1</enableRollthenTakeOff>
    <minCrossingRny>1000</minCrossingRny>
    <isGUIVisible>1</isGUIVisible>
    <voidTimer>600</voidTimer>
    <TaxiSeparationMultiplier>2.2</TaxiSeparationMultiplier>
</Parameters>

Edited by Wolkenschreck
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png