Sign in to follow this  
slashed2

Another TrackIR rave

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Nothing to it. ;)

Just got mine yesterday. Setup was a snap. Flew around a while without any adjustments just to get a feel of it. Unfortunately, I got a splitting headache. In my case, I think the movement needs to be slowed a bit. I also found myself getting tense trying to keep my head still. This is in no way a slam against the product - I will now RTFM and try to adjust.I like the suggestion of mapping the F9 to Button 1 of the yoke.Noticed the pan was smoother than the hat switch.So far so good,Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest spiffy_scimitar

Vic, you can lessen the head movement multiplier in your settings by adjusting the curve magnitude on the axis of your choice. That way you're head movements won't be so exaggerated translated into the game. Also, if you like to keep your view stable for landing, or find that you're trying too hard to keep your head stable, consider increasing your forward dead zone so that you don't have to think about it so much.

Thanx, Spiffy - I've been browsing the mauanl in that regard and can see tat a lot of adjustment is possible. I've always been susceptible to certain things - playing something like Doom or other fast moving graphic programs just get me nauseous. I'll keep tweaking until I get it to my copmfort zone.Thanx again,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

OK, if anyone was curious about what the new TrackClip Pro woill look like.....

Guest bjablonka

Looks great, when will this be available and do you have a price yet?ThanksBernd

Dang, and I just bought a spare clip two days ago online. Will I per chance get the newer one?Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Liking the look of that :D Got a bit hot over summer in the cap and headset...May I say the support for TrackIR is great so anyone even vaguely considering it should take the plunge - you wont regret it - I was really missing it before the FSX drivers came out...Mike

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

Should be available by the 1st of December.No price that I can post yet.

Guest NaturalPoint_Vince

I can be certain that you won't be getting the TrackClip Pro by mistake....;)

Guest Stoopy

Pardon me Vic, can I ask a favor of you??I've been following this thread and also hearing some of my fellow CFS-ers rave about Track IR, and also after seeing BeachAV8R's excellent video demonstrating the abilities, I am SOLD.....dangit I want one!BUT.....you just struck a nerve with your story about getting naseous when playing those DOOM-like games. Man I really hate to admit it, but I have exactly the same problem....darndest thing and I don't know why as I don't get vertigo or anything else (LOVE roller coasters and aerobatics). But when playing or - especially - watching those first-person-perspective games where the guy is walking around, especially with his head bobbing up and down with the footsteps, after 10 to 15 minutes I have a weird headache and feel like....yuuu...YUUuuu......YUUUURKING up all over the carpet. But the part of BeachAV8R's video where he's poking his head up to see the blue cowl of the Cessna 172, or leaning forward and looking up at the prop of the Grumman, is just WAY cool.....I can see how the immersion is, like, TOTAL.So..the favor is....I'm very interested to hear how any adjustments to Track IR work out for you in regards to this issue we both share. If you don't mind, that is.Thanks!

My theory (and it's quite uninformed at that), is that DOOM-like games mostly happen in a small enclosed space, like a room or a hallway. Even in outdoor FPS games like combat sims, the action takes place nearby. The result is that there's a greatly enhanced sense of motion due to nearby objects rocketing and twisting past your field of view. If the problem with vertigo or motion sickness is a dicontinuity between what you see and what your inner ear experiences, it would make sense that when you're butt's planted in a chair and stationary, but your eyes are bounding through a game, the disagreement between the various sensations would be heightened. It's a bummer, because I do enjoy an occasional shoot-em-up, but I have the same problem with motion sickness in them. Unlike those sorts of games, most of the time when I'm flying, my focus is out on the horizon, which has relatively little movement, or inside the cockpit, which has almost none. Hence, flying just doesn't trigger that sensation the way first person shooters do, at least for me. I was told that I could train my inner ear not to act up so, and in real-life flying it turned out to be true. After a while as PIC, I've discovered that I no longer have to worry about motion sickness unless the flight is at night, when I can't look out and see the horizon. I'm not sure any of this relates to the TrackIR, but I thought I'd weigh in with my thoughts on the matter.thanks,

Hi Stoopy - So far the only adjustment I've made is to reposition myself a little closer and make my movements more subtle. Another little thing I've tried to concentrate on is - not following the movement with my eyes - that's what brings the nausea. If I keep focused on the center of the screen and move my head, I just wait for the view to come to me - if that makes sense.I may still make adjustments, but for now, TrackIR seems to be doing what I like.As an ex RW pilot, one of my biggest complaints about FS was the lack of peripheral vision. When I was turingin final, I would always keep the runway in sight and adjust my head as I lined up. With TrackIR, I can do that again and it really makes a difference in the feel of the experience.I would say go for it - you'll learn to not move in any way that will cause nausea and you'll enjpy the flight.HTH,VicVisit the Virtual Pilot's Centerwww.flightadventures.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/

Guest Stoopy

Thank you Vic, Bill and geofa. I hear what you're saying and that pretty much removes the concern - appreciate you taking the time.On the theory about it being related to enclosed spaces, I'll throw my own uninformed position in there and AGREE. Those games are highly claustrophic environments compared to being out in the wild blue with miles of elbow space around you. Maybe the brain yearns for some virtual "fresh air" :)