Sign in to follow this  
markcellis

FS-ATC-Chatter 1.0 Beta Program

The beta program for FS-ATC-Chatter is complete. The product has been officially released. You can get the final build here:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/fs-atc-chatter-sample-collection-and-demo/

FS-ATC-Chatter is similar to X-ATC-Chatter but it includes a stand-alone player for Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020. The clip library is the same regardless of use with X-Plane, any of the Microsoft based simulators, or with Pilot2ATC.

This beta includes a clip player for FSX, FSX Steam Edition, P3D V1-5, and MSFS 2020 and also includes approximately 400 sample chatter clips for the U.S. This allows beta users to try the add-on and if they like what they see they can purchase the entire clip library on the Stick and Rudder Studios web site:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/x-atc-chatter-overview/

As soon as the beta is complete FS-ATC-Chatter will be officially available for sale on Sim Market

Note: You are primarily buying the clip library with the above link as both the X-ATC-Chatter player as well as the this player do not require a key to run. The User Guide in the FS-ATC-Chatter beta archive shows you how to copy the clips from the purchased collection to the FS-ATC-Chatter installation.

Please report feedback and any bugs in this thread.

Since we are fairly far along with this beta there is a preliminary demo video available here:

Mark

Edited by markcellis
Final Build
  • Like 1

FS-ATC-Chatter 1.0 Beta 5 is Ready

Download From:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/downloads/FS-ATC-Chatter_1.0B5.zip?v=

Installation

1. Download the archive from the above link
  2. Extract the archive to the hard drive you want to run FS-ATC-Chatter on
  3. Read the User Guide in the extracted folder
  4. There is no installer so just run the file FS-ATC-Chatter.exe

Release Notes

• Added a highlight to the selected frequency in the nearest facility list
  • Improved the logging so there are now multiple days of log files
  • Fixed a bug where the Nearest Facility window would not stay on top of other windows when stay on stop was selected
  • Fixed an issue where FS-ATC-Chatter would not run when underlying DLL’s were blocked
  • Fixed a bug where the last window positions could end up with the portions of the FS-ATC-Chatter windows could be off screen when the application was restarted after a monitors where reconfigured and repositioned
  • Improved the User Guide for installation on Pilot2ATC

We hope this is a release candidate for the final version. Please report any issues.

Known Problems

None that I know of

Limitations

There are some listed in the User Guide

FS-ATC-Chatter 1.0 Beta 6 is Ready

Download From:

https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/downloads/FS-ATC-Chatter_1.0B6.zip?v=

Installation

1. Download the archive from the above link
  2. Extract the archive to the hard drive you want to run FS-ATC-Chatter on
  3. Read the User Guide in the extracted folder
  4. There is no installer so just run the file FS-ATC-Chatter.exe

Release Notes

•  Fixed a rare bug where collapsing the control panel window would cause just the title bar to be displayed
  • Added a joystick command to toggle the windows between minimized and open
  • Added more content to the User Guide

We hope this is a release candidate for the final version. Please report any issues.

Known Problems

None that I know of

Limitations

There are some listed in the User Guide

• Like 1

Mark:

!. Will we be getting notices from you on this site  pertaining  to MSFS Chatter, or do we need to look in both forums?

2, Sorry for the late post, but all worked out ok. I was able to install B3 ok but when I went to install B4 on my XP drive H, it would not work at all. I followed your guide but no go.

I went back and added B3 to dive H and it worked.

So I opened up B4 on my C drive and it worked ok, but that is my main task drive  so I do not want to use it from there.

Then you put out B5 and I installed it on my XP drive H and it worked out just fine, so now I'll try Beta 6 and let you know if I run into anything strange.

I say all this just in case someone else gets stuck on B4, all is in the green.

Thanks again for a fine product.

Bill

@wildbill

I'll probably keep light notices on the FS2020 forums and X-Plane.org that simply highlight what is going on and direct people to Avsim. X-Plane.org is fantastic for X-Plane activity but there is little going on there for the Microsoft based simulators. I also needed something with moderator capability and the MSFS forum is not setup for people like me to do that. Avsim is the closest forum I could find to what we have on X-Plane.org.

With regard to your challenges with Beta 4 I suspect that all stems from the blocked DLL issue that was fixed in beta 5. You should have no further problems with beta 6.

Mark

• Like 1

NavDataReader Tool

For those of you who may wish to sync the COM database with your simulator scenery here is a YouTube video I did showing you how to use the NavaDataReader tool.

@markcellis

Hi there,

I bought X ATC Chatter a few weeks ago to use it in MSFS.

Now a message tells me the version 1.0.0 is available and sends me to your website.

However I am unable to login to download the latest version. In the Password reset page, it says "We can't find an account registered with that address"

I need some help.

Thank you

Edited by Noooch

I will try with your direct link on the first post.

However if the clips are updated in the future, I will have to login in your website to download them right?

1 hour ago, Noooch said:

@markcellis

Hi there,

I bought X ATC Chatter a few weeks ago to use it in MSFS.

Now a message tells me the version 1.0.0 is available and sends me to your website.

However I am unable to login to download the latest version. In the Password reset page, it says "We can't find an account registered with that address"

I need some help.

Thank you

You do not need to login to download the demo which is what you need for the final version of the player. The demo and player are always free and do not require a key.

When we update the clip collection we will send an email to our email list plus we will post something in the support forum. In order to get the updated clips you will need to login into the location where you bought the clips, Gumroad (per your receipt) or your X-Plane.org store if you bought it there.

Mark 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 3:43 PM, markcellis said:

@wildbill

I'll probably keep light notices on the FS2020 forums and X-Plane.org that simply highlight what is going on and direct people to Avsim. X-Plane.org is fantastic for X-Plane activity but there is little going on there for the Microsoft based simulators. I also needed something with moderator capability and the MSFS forum is not setup for people like me to do that. Avsim is the closest forum I could find to what we have on X-Plane.org.

With regard to your challenges with Beta 4 I suspect that all stems from the blocked DLL issue that was fixed in beta 5. You should have no further problems with beta 6.

Mark

Mark,

Your correct beta 6 loaded without any problems.

I have since loaded the final version  along with all of your location contacts and am using them nicely.

Let me know if you need me to install the older MSFS X software to test with, also I may have a spare full copy of it stored away if you need it.

One other small item, I know were to find the version number in the log.txt but I can not readily see your version numbers in game, am I just miss seeing it as I have done that in the past?

Thank You,

Bill

@wildbillThe FS-ATC-Chatter version number is also in the title bar of the main window. It should be 1.0.0 now as the final after beta.

Mark

7 hours ago, markcellis said:

@wildbillThe FS-ATC-Chatter version number is also in the title bar of the main window. It should be 1.0.0 now as the final after beta.

Mark

Mark:

When I open FS ATC Chatter, a small screen pop's up and allows me to either minimize or close the popup, it shows a partial name and I do not see a way of expanding the window. I do not know how to insert a photo from URL at this time.

Thank You,

Bill

4 hours ago, Detail50 said:

Is what is aval for purchase in Sim Market the latest and proper version?

Yes it is, 1.0.0.

Mark