Sign in to follow this  
Hans Hartvelt

Why does VoxATC think I'm 300 feet lower?

Regularly (but not always) VoxATC thinks that my altitude is 300 feet lower than it is. When VoxATC makes contact with the next controller it says 'London Center, KLM174 is with you at flightlevel 237' whereas my flightlevel is 240. Or it orders me to climb to flightlevel 150, whereas my flightlevel is already 150. I thought it might have something to do with air pressure. Maybe VoxATC still counts in QNH whereas I had set my altimeter at STD. Yesterday the QNH was actually 1013 HpA, so setting the altimeter to STD had no effect, while VoxATC made contact calling a flightlevel which was 300 feet lower. 

Can anybody tell my what causes this problem and how I can solve it?

Edited by Hans Hartvelt

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

If changing frequencies while climbing you can be prompted to check in with a reported altitude lower than your current one. Under what circumstances were you told to climb to FL 150 when you were already at that level? How long had you been at that level?

If I was changing frequencies while climbing, I can understand why the miscommunication arises. But that's not the case. I am quite some time at a certain level and when VoxATC displays the make contact phrase, I see that it displays a flight level that is 300 feet lower than the actual one. As said, it doesn't occur always, but when it occurs it's always 300 feet lower.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Hello,

I have the same problem actually, it seems when the QNH is very different from 1013, VoxATC make requests to climb or descend to the FL, even if we are cruising at the requested FL (set in the flightplan) with standard pressure setting set in the altimeter.

So I guess you are right, VoxATC still works with QNH levels, even at high altitudes, and keep bugging to descend/climb.

I got the issue with a QNH of 1030.

team

a tad more detail please to perhaps narrow the cause to ..... FSX / P3? / Vox ?

i have no similars in P3D453 / V743.

for now, cheers

john martin

OK, here are my most relevant specs:

Windows 10 Pro v2004
P3D v4.5 HF3
Prosim737 v2.30
Prosim B737-800 aircraft 
VoxATC v 7.43
Active Sky ASP4 v 7410
FSAeroData
Navigraph cycle 2012
ORBX all basic modules, plus some regions, cities and airports

I'm curieus to learn yours, especially if you're using Active Sky. I also would like to get a reply from Thomas Tran who stated that he's suffering from the same issue.

I can tell you that this is not a new issue. I have the problem since I bougt VoxATC 7.41 at 24-03-2018. I posted this issue just now because I'm finetuning my procedures.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

I am using P3D 4.5HF3, with Active Sky, and VoxATC 7.43, the latest one, and I recall having the same issue with previous versions when the QHN was very far from 1013

Thomas, thank you for your info. My feeling that there's something wrong in the cooperation between VoxATC and Active Sky becomes stronger. I'm curious to learn if John is using Active Sky. If not we can do some testing by making flights with and without using ASP4 in atmosferic conditions with QNH far from 1013 (STD). Unfortunatley I cannot test anything at this moment because P3D is crashing since the latest ASCA update. More pilots suffer from this issue. I have put a post at the HiFi Technologies forum but no answer till now. We'll keep in touch.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

Tegoid, I cannot tell you at this moment. I must do some testing, but as you read in my reply to Thomas, I cannot test anything at this moment. Stay tuned.

Hans Hartvelt
The Netherlands
forumbanner1.jpg

10 hours ago, Hans Hartvelt said:

especially if you're using Active Sky

Hans

Yes, I'm using AS P3D B7514 and ASCA B7471 on W764 / P3D453 / V743.

Airac is 2012 & aircraft PMDG's 77L/F/W's

Edited by vadriver

for now, cheers

john martin