Sign in to follow this  
holliwutt

PREPAR3D V5.1 HOTFIX 1 NOW AVAILABLE

If you uninstall using the Prepar3D v5 Academic line, you will completely remove P3D and deactivate it. If you uninstall the client first and answer NO to the deactivation question, you can then uninstall the other three parts without deactivating it.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Thanks, very helpful information.

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

I backed up the 2 appdata folders and the program data folder, and then ran the delete generated files program in the P3D root folder before uninstalling just to make sure that I didn't contaminate my new install with files from my old installation.

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

Short report on VR performance after 30 minutes R22 test flight in ORBX LOWI and LGKO:

- blueish tree artifacts gone

- sawtooth artifacts on edges gone (i.e. roofs, mountains, R22 compass)

- less flicker in general

So far, I am very happy with LM´s achievements.

Michael

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

42 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Whelp, it is time for me to part with v4.5hf3. Time to spend a day uninstalling and reinstalling everything. Lots of coffee and for good measure, an orbiting B-52 on standby with a load of F bombs for when things go ascew.

I did exactly this last week. The computer was on for 3 solid days downloading Orbx true earth areas. I can’t bring myself to start hot fixing again so soon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

2 minutes ago, michaelth said:

Short report on VR performance after 30 minutes R22 test flight in ORBX LOWI and LGKO:

- blueish tree artifacts gone

- sawtooth artifacts on edges gone (i.e. roofs, mountains, R22 compass)

- less flicker in general

So far, I am very happy with LM´s achievements.

Michael

I like that, thanks!

i913900KF (5.8GHz) | Case: Fractal PopAir RGB I MSI Z790-VC | MSI Gaming RTX 4070Ti Super 16GB | Kingston Fury Beast 32GB DDR5 | SOLIDIGM P41 Plus 2TB NVMe M.2 SSD | Samsung SSD 870 EVO 2TB | Thermalright Frozen Notte 240 MM Liquid Cooling | Samsung 41" Monitor 1920 x 1080 60Hz | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Logitech G Pro pedals | Tobii EyeTracker

Just finished a flight to EFHK on Vatsim after adding another 16GB into my rig for a total of 32GB. Downloading the full package now.. Once Activesky is updated I'll do the uninstall reinstall process.

ORBX mentioned to use "sync simulator" to reactivate all those ORBX stuff. What about all other addons such as A2A, QW, Aerosoft, PMDG and Co.? Do I have to reinstall all of those as well? All sceneries and stuff? This would take ages...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

17 minutes ago, AnkH said:

ORBX mentioned to use "sync simulator" to reactivate all those ORBX stuff. What about all other addons such as A2A, QW, Aerosoft, PMDG and Co.? Do I have to reinstall all of those as well? All sceneries and stuff? This would take ages...

No problems from 5.0 to 5.1 so I don't expect any for the HF. Simply uninstall all components without deactivating the client during uninstall. Then delete  p3d.cfg, ,... be sure you have a backup of controls.xml. Installation of P3Dv5.1 HF1 into the same folder where the former version was located. Delete shader cache. Run P3D. Close it. Synchronize ORBX ( I'm using ORBX libraries for al titles). Done. There may be some add-ons which need a special treatment.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

HiFi has just posted RC2.

Jesse

• Upvote 1

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

Excited for this.

All my addons are external yay.  No time to waste.

I dunno what to do with Flightbeam, LatinVFR, installing files all over the scenery & effects directories when they use external installation for their sceneries at the same time.  Tired of them

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

4 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Excited for this.

All my addons are external yay.  No time to waste.

I dunno what to do with Flightbeam, LatinVFR, installing files all over the scenery & effects directories when they use external installation for their sceneries at the same time.  Tired of them

It's kind of a moot point though, because the P3D uninstaller doesn't touch any 3rd party dev files (except those, of course, that overwrite default files).

• Like 1

Well, guess I have to try it and then I will see what addons are broken... Bummer...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

10 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It's kind of a moot point though, because the P3D uninstaller doesn't touch any 3rd party dev files (except those, of course, that overwrite default files).

That is true but I usually do a full clean install.  I do not like any third party files sitting in the prepar3d directory after uninstall etc.  I mean their installer already uses xml method all they have to do is add one or two lines in the xml pointing to effects and textures.  FSDT, FSLabs, Orbx, Leonardo does it right (100% external).  I still can't wrap my brain around it on the rationale for doing it (pure laziness in my book).

So I bring it up here and gonna vote with my wallet period.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

3 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

That is true but I usually do a full clean install.  I do not like any third party files sitting in the prepar3d directory after uninstall etc.  I mean their installer already uses xml method all they have to do is add one or two lines in the xml pointing to effects and textures.  FSDT, FSLabs, Orbx, Leonardo does it right (100% external).  I still can't wrap my brain around it on the rationale for doing it (pure laziness in my book).

So I bring it up here and gonna vote with my wallet period.

same

• Like 2

14ppkc-6.png