Sign in to follow this  
wthomas33065

Removing. "asobo" hand crafted airport from content manager?

Does anyone have any experience with this.  I have KDEN by Flightbeam, installed, but the Asobo version is also installed.  Has someone ever actually deleted one of the Asobo versions from Content Manager?  It that what we're supposed to do?  I haven't had any conflicts yet, but I'm just wondering if loading a third party addon simply automatically disables the existing one, or should I actually remove it from content manager.

Thanks in advance

I've deleted a few like Denver and Innsbruck but you don't have to. Whatever is in the community folder takes precedence 

1 hour ago, wthomas33065 said:

Does anyone have any experience with this.  I have KDEN by Flightbeam, installed, but the Asobo version is also installed.  Has someone ever actually deleted one of the Asobo versions from Content Manager?  It that what we're supposed to do?  I haven't had any conflicts yet, but I'm just wondering if loading a third party addon simply automatically disables the existing one, or should I actually remove it from content manager.

Thanks in advance

Hi there,
You will need to delete the Asobo version as it causes lots of conflicts. The sim does not recognize both airports being in the sim at the same time. There is no drawback to "deleting" the Asobo version, you can re-download at any time.

18 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Hi there,
You will need to delete the Asobo version as it causes lots of conflicts. The sim does not recognize both airports being in the sim at the same time. There is no drawback to "deleting" the Asobo version, you can re-download at any time.

Interesting, does that go for all 3rd party addon airports.. as i have just left the Asobo versions in place as well

Edited by Car147

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

5 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Interesting, does that go for all 3rd party addon airports.. as i have just left the Asobo versions in place as well

It really depends on what it's replacing. Asobo's KDEN was a big headache to remove, perhaps since it's "handcrafted". You will need to check for others. Things to look out for:
- duplicate buildings
- terrain anomalies

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

Hi there,

14 minutes ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

It really depends on what it's replacing. Asobo's KDEN was a big headache to remove, perhaps since it's "handcrafted". You will need to check for others. Things to look out for:
- duplicate buildings
- terrain anomalies

I suppose that goes for both externally and internally purchased product in the marketplace.  Mine was purchased through Marketplace.  Thanks for the feedback.

3 hours ago, devgrp said:

I've deleted a few like Denver and Innsbruck but you don't have to. Whatever is in the community folder takes precedence 

So the issues with Devner DLC have been fixed?

Edited by dtrjones

2 hours ago, Mir // Flightbeam said:

- duplicate buildings
- terrain anomalies

Thanks for the reply.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, dtrjones said:

So the issues with Devner DLC have been fixed?

I wasn't aware of any issues

12 hours ago, devgrp said:

I wasn't aware of any issues

I can't vouch for this myself but I've seen some youtube streams and posts if you own the premier version with the high detail Denver and buy the DLC as well it clashes and the old objects are not excluded. It's up to the developer to exclude content from the sim but they may have developed against the standard version - it's not the first time that a premier/deluxe content has 'interfered' with a DLC but it's 100% the fault of the 3rd party developer.

Anyway did some digging and it looks like 1.03 should fix these issues so folks don't have to delete the Asobo version, which is great!

From the MSFS Forums...

An update should get pushed to the in-game content manager pretty soon. Version 1.03 should fix this, according to the release notes:

KDEN v1.03

Includes all of v1.02 updates plus a few more

Improved night lighting
Added red beacons on top of towers
Enabled ground PBR (will be visible with MSFS’s new update)
Fixed missing glass canopy from the Hotel
Added custom parking lot textures next to main terminal
Fixed Asobo’s KDEN bleed through/duplicate buildings (no more need to manually delete files)
Smoothed out many taxiways and unrealistic inclines/bumps
Fixed Taxiway naming, ATC now gives full taxiway directions
Optimized traffic flow for aircraft and traffic
Fixed various parking gates/ramps
Fixed runway 26 papi showing no proper indications
Fix various object placements

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 1