Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

Captain Sim Sale Now

20 hours ago, micstatic said:

I have the 767 and like it. But it’s not a pmdg, fslabs, maddog, or majestic level product. Which is probably why I don’t fly it as much as I do those. 

There was a time when I had the attention span and energy to devote to mastering the latest "study level sim." I'm not sure anymore. Our Ukrainian friends have produced a whole line of jetliners, including classics, and I guess I'm familiar with the quirks and don't necessarily want the level of detail others enjoy. My life is full enough of random failures as it is, thank you. There's a "house design style" which makes it easy to go from one airplane to another in their line. They're developing exclusively for P3D now. And I admire their honey badger attitude 🙂

Edited by Tim_Capps
this thread should be permitted to die with dignity

13 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

There was a time when I had the attention span and energy to devote to mastering the latest "study level sim." I'm not sure anymore. Our Ukrainian friends have produced a whole line of jetliners, including classics, and I guess I'm familiar with the quirks and don't necessarily want the level of detail others enjoy. My life is full enough of random failures as it is, thank you. There's a "house design style" which makes it easy to go from one airplane to another in their line. They're developing exclusively for P3D now. And I admire their honey badger attitude 🙂

I hear you. I actually typically fly with failures off. But those other products feel much better to me even with failures off. 

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

13 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

Our Ukrainian friends . . .

If somebody doubles the price to give a 50% off sale, I would not call them friends.

As a polite gentleman I don't write the word that came into my mind when realizing their unhonest strategy . . .

Nevertheless, have a nice weekend
Torsten

14 hours ago, Tim_Capps said:

Nothing wrong with them not making it a highly detailed study level sim, only problem is that they put study level sim prices on aircraft that aren't.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Samuel Scully

6 hours ago, l3ubba said:

Nothing wrong with them not making it a highly detailed study level sim, only problem is that they put study level sim prices on aircraft that aren't.

I respect the depth of your feeling on this matter, and am happy we both have places where we are allowed to express an opinion. When Captain Sim hands over some of the obscene profits they're making for my public relations services, I'll be happy to continue this thread, or any other. Right now, I'm just a guy who noticed a limited-time sale and passed it along as a courtesy. Others did the math and made some valid criticisms of it. You've expanded the topic to their general pricing policy. If I were interested in getting into that, I would have started a different thread.

Best Wishes, Tim Capps

Enough!  Sale ends tomorrow!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: