Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

November 19th 2020 - Development Update

5 hours ago, Grindathotte said:

No helicopters until 2022😪

So I will not be getting it until 2022 or 2023! :laugh:

Our community is funny, very demanding like hungry person while forgetting is a *new* platform that needs time and forgetting about some other sims that are well established for like over 10 years and yet not having a proper weather system 😄

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

5 hours ago, pstrub said:

In one of the developer Q&As / interviews Jörg mentioned something like: 1 sim update and one minor bugfix update per month, world updates every 2-3 months. Looking at the open issues tagged with "Sim Update 2", I'd assume this is the Nov 25th update, and Sim Update 3 has a tentative release date 4 weeks later, i.e. December 23rd. 

What they said was there would be a World Update every 2-3 months alternating with a Sim Update every 2-3 months such that there is "new stuff" every 1-1.5 months.

The Nov 25th update is World Update II: USA / Update 7

I think Update 5 was technically Sim Update 1, with 2-3 months between them that would put Sim Update 2 at the end of January and and Sim Update 3 at the end of April

Edited by marsman2020

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

2 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

Yes, I noticed that too. It was taken off from backlog. I hope they are working on them.

Very strange situation. It’s not even listed as 2021 or 2022...

19 hours ago, scotchegg said:

You keep saying this and I know I for one have agreed with you and encouraged you to. You’ve seen 3 months of post-launch development and pretty clear signposts from the devs about what to expect at what timeline, and every time there’s any development you get quite worked up with how unacceptable it is for you.

I make no comment about whether your complaints are justified or not, but as you keep repeating complaints and that the answer is to buy XPlane, I’m curious as to why you just don’t actually do it? You clearly think it’s the better option for you and I think you might be right:)

You are the wind beneath my wings.

An interesting change.  But I am hopeful with the testing on patches we will have less issues on release.  The whole idea of 'release a patch every 2 weeks and if something breaks we will fix it the next patch' clearly was not working for the community.  Still I hope they keep up with the development updates keeping us in the loop.

17 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

Whilst I am sure that our friends across the pond in North America will be pleased to see the next major scenery upgrade, I do wonder how MS decides the order in which geographical areas are enriched. First of all it was Japan (odd choice)? next North America (home of MS of course).
Just looking at the Countries scenery updates on Flightsim.to reveals the following leaders:
1 - UK 236 updates
2 - USA 214 updates
3 - France 134 updates
4 - Netherlands 125 updates
5 - Spain - 124 updates
So just four European countries beat the USA by 619 to 214. I have no idea which countries host the most simmers (presumably USA)? but surely not Japan. How long does Europe have to wait to be blessed with an upgrade I wonder. PDQ I would hope.

I am not a programmer but my first attempt at a major upgrade would be not be a large diverse country but a small Island group like Japan to test the water and if all went well then to tackle the major market. 

Edited by Poppapete

3 hours ago, Poppapete said:

I am not a programmer but my first attempt at a major upgrade would be not be a large diverse country but a small Island group like Japan to test the water and if all went well then to tackle the major market. 

The US was probably chosen next as it likely has the best Bing maps, aerial photography and terrain data.

At least Asobo are not being parochial as otherwise France would have had several updates already and we would have the best rendition of the Eiffel tower in the history of PC gaming 😄

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've noticed that there are a lot of areas of the US in the sim outside of major cities that could use a lot of improvement in terms of the aerial imagery and terrain - greenish tinge, low-ish resolution, terrain super smoothed etc.  I'd hope they are prioritizing based on areas that need the most attention.

Edited by marsman2020
  • Like 1

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

17 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

The US was probably chosen next as it likely has the best Bing maps, aerial photography and terrain data.

At least Asobo are not being parochial as otherwise France would have had several updates already and we would have the best rendition of the Eiffel tower in the history of PC gaming 😄

The loading screen will probably be the Statue of Liberty because France gave that to America!

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

On 11/21/2020 at 5:19 AM, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Why do you think they updated the already good model of the Statue of Liberty?  😉

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

On 11/21/2020 at 2:08 AM, Poppapete said:

Not to quibble, but I will note that Japan extends nearly 1500 km from one end to the other -- about the distance from Miami to Nova Scotia. Not exactly a small island group.