Sign in to follow this  
vamac54

airbus a-320 enngine help

Spoiler

hi. can u help? on the airbus a320 fam, on fsx when i click the engines auto start key black smoke continually spews out of engine 1 and wont start up. any advise? thanks.

mike

How about using Ctrl+e for engine start?

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

25 minutes ago, charliearon said:

How about using Ctrl+e for engine start?

thanks charlie. i beleve i stated that i did click the autostart key in my original post. i was just wondering if there was a better way, maybe manually  or bleeding or who knows. thats why i posted here. i messaged project airbus' facebook page. but no response.

mike

If you don't want to "cheat" by using CTRL-E, then consider CTRL-SHIFT-F4 (mixture to full). I fell foul of that when trying to fire up DC Designs Concorde. Some jets for FSX:SE ignore the mixture setting.... but some do not. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

If you hear the engine whining as the black smoke comes out, then press Ctrl+shift+f4 and that will usually get the flame lit!  Just as Mark advised. :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

12 hours ago, vamac54 said:

i was just wondering if there was a better way, maybe manually  or bleeding or who knows. thats why i posted here. i messaged project airbus' facebook page. but no response.

Hi Mike,

Like most procedures on an Airbus even the manual engine start is pretty automated, but if you want to do a manual start, (after you have set up the electrics, APU, fuel pumps, etc) first set the Engine Mode Selector on the pedestal to IGN START, then turn on the Master Switch (also on the pedestal) for the engine you are starting (usually #2 first) and once you confirm it is running with the N1 greater than 20%, then turn on the Master Switch for the other engine.

In saying that, I use the Aerosoft Extended version and I don't have the Project Airbus A320 so I'm not sure whether its systems have been modelled to allow a realistic engine start procedure but hopefully they have been.

Bill

• Upvote 1