Sign in to follow this  
peter_fuss

PSXSeecontraffic 19.5 converting (19.4)

Hello Nico,

in my case the converting the airportfile vom 19.4 to 19.5 will not work!

Must i do spezial things to get this work?

regards Peter

Edited by kiek

Regards Peter

from ETHL

Hello i found now out , in the new xml file the words airliners and types must be changed to airliner and type🥵

but version 19.4 didnt convert it!!

or i to something wrong!

Edited by peter_fuss

Regards Peter

from ETHL

4 hours ago, peter_fuss said:

Hello i found now out , in the new xml file the words airliners and types must be changed to airliner and type🥵

Not only that, the string after these plural words may not contain a comma.....

Versions up to 19.4 converted your files, if needed, to the single airline, single type style per option. The output file is found in parked_updates. 

I thought you guys were already sync, this was introduced in version 18.0, at July 6, 2020, see the Release Notes. It is high time now, so that's why I force you in 19.5 to be conformant.

(.. and Peter, please do not use all these exclamation marks, this is freeware you know...)

Edited by kiek

4 hours ago, peter_fuss said:

Hello Nico,

sorry, they are not meant badly 😨

regards Pete

🙂

3 hours ago, truthknown said:

Same here, my files are not being converted.

Chris

Convert them using 19.4, still available at my site.

Or change them manually, only one airline and one type per option, keys airline and type.

Or start fresh, delete the file from parked_updates, run the latest PPG.

Edited by kiek

i am using 19.4. Does it automatically convert the whole file or do I need to trigger something to have it converted? Just sitting at the airport in the sim does not do anything to convert the file.

Its too much to do manually and I would hate to start from scratch. A lot of time was spent having those files built up.

Chris

Chris Lezama

It will automatically convert the airport file if you are with your user plane at an airport  unless there already is an airport file in parked updates.

EDIT: if the to be converted file is already in parked_updates, copy it to your airports folder and delete the one in parked_updates.

Starting from scratch is not a big problem because with the real and soft learning capabilties PSXT will create an airport file automatically, and one better representing these corona days at airports. 

For most users this will do,  they do not want to edit xml files. That is only for a few enthousiasts/experts, IMHO.

Edited by kiek

hi nico do you recommend a xml program for editing, currently i use notepad, but sometimes i delete a > and then it is hard to find where is was deleted by me 😀

12 minutes ago, airbusa said:

hi nico do you recommend a xml program for editing, currently i use notepad, but sometimes i delete a > and then it is hard to find where is was deleted by me 😀

No I don't, I also use a normal tekst editor, Notepad++

I was hoping somebody else would make a nice user friendly tool that inserts parking options in an .xml file. 😉

Version 19.8 will automatically convert the keywords airlines and types into airline and type, if necessary.

But I still recommend to start from scratch if your (old) airport files do not have the ramp keyword.

Edited by kiek