Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Anyone else getting a little tired of LM?

After hours of trying out several things...I must say I am getting really tired of this fiddling and tweaking......try this...try that......o wait a bug......LM changed the bases....addons don´t work like they should.....Sudden weather changes.....sudden no clouds at all.....Reallight defect....and my list is getting longer and longer.

V5.X changed so much.....that I think LM should have taken way more time and worked much more closer together with 3.Party as they did till today.

I know some 3.Party are working as Beta tester and really spending hours and hours to get the best for all of us. But for the majority of the products it seems not be the case.

Even HiFi suffers from change after change and needs hours, days, weeks to solve the issues. When it is fixed.....LM releases a new version, HF or patch.....and here we go again.

This process is having major impact on the proper use of P3D. If I think about it: since April V5 came out. We had weeks of trouble (VRAM, CTD, PBR, EXPOSURE.....). HF1 came out.....slightly better.......but FSlabs, HiFi Chaseplane all had to be updated again....days gone by....and after  we could fly at least somehow......(cloud flickering, screen flickerin, VROOM, VR issues, cloud issues, all still there) HF 2 came out......and again I could repeat my prior sentence.....we started all over again.

After further 4 months (HF1 and HF2 took ca 2 months period) V5.1 came out......and again start all over again. Change settings, what is best for good quality and performance leveling.....did this and did that solved......how is HiFi working now......ucrtbase sode ctd.....out of nothing.....

HF 1 came out.....and again i could repeat all this.

Since V5.X back in april.....I could hardly use and enjoy the sim. There was to many "broken" or at least looked "broken" or not proper. Visuals of truesky are well.......dreadfull. LM did sell truesky as a big enhancement.....here users du recommend turning it off! Why...because it is dreadful. I am not talking about 1 or 2 users....there are way more sticking with prior P3D versions because of the "sick" implementation of truesky....

Nvidiawaveworks. Should bring major visual improvement of waterbodies. What happened? Nothing. It is in....but dreadful done. Water with waves at ultra causes major stutters. Still we have the ugly waves at shorelines. Why? 

LM should implement the things properly! And also visually speaking proper! Look at speedtrees.......yeah I know. 3.Party should have bought a 6.000 Dollar license to do it....... ;-). Should I laugh or should I cry?

Now we have 7 months 5.X with 2 major features truesky and nvidiawaveworks water. The look and feel, as they stand for, are poor.

The only major good thing is getting DX12! Also this took long to get it done right. Almost 7 months AFTER release. This should have bin done BEFORE release (at least the bigger part). 

I remember how devs argumented here: VRAM DXGI issues with CTD due out of vram are "normal" at DX12. This seem to be not really the case anymore or? LM did further work on it and now much less people are heaving these VRAM ctd! 

So...It DOES work AFTER investigating and solving by testing and changing things.

I personally think LM has a major learning curve. It seems that DX12 was complete new to them too. Hardly any experiences..... Now after months of trial and error.....on the backs of their customers....they seem to get it right or at least much better.

As a simmer I am getting tired of this fiddling. I always think that it has to be on MY end! And that seems more often NOT the case.

ucrtbase.dll not my fault

dxgi hung with 24GB Titan card....not my fault

no clouds in sim not my fault

jitter in vr not my fault

jaggies around simobjects not my fault

daytime not moving after using time preview not my fault

ctd due g2d.dll error not my fault

virtualreality.dll ctd not my fault

objects through fog not my fault

objects through clouds (yes...because fog is solved but cloud remains) not my fault

....should I go on?

All these summarized issues are really costing me hours/days of time......which I could have used to fly if it works proper.

To be clear: V4.5 was very very stable and had NONE of those issues! 

.....how are you feeling about this? Am I the only one who is getting tired? 😉

Marcus

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I’ve hidden the first reply which added nothing to the debate. If you don’t want to discuss this seriously just move on.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I’ve hidden the first reply which added nothing to the debate. If you don’t want to discuss this seriously just move in.

Hello Ray.....you mean probably "move on" instead of "move in"...or? 😉

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

10 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Hello Ray.....you mean probably "move on" instead of "move in"...or? 😉

Typo and corrected, thanks. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

49 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

All these summarized issues are really costing me hours/days of time......which I could have used to fly if it works proper.

To be clear: V4.5 was very very stable and had NONE of those issues! 

.....how are you feeling about this? Am I the only one who is getting tired? 😉

Marcus

Hey Marcus,

Yes I sympathize. If you are are serious simmer then you have to be in it for the long haul I am afraid.

The fact is it takes time to sort out all these issues, especially when new technologies are introduced into the base sim   and sometimes you have to take a step back to eventually take several steps forward. I know it can be frustrating.🥵

I agree with you v4.5 was rock stable, but look at how much work LM had to do between that very first release of 4.0 and 4.5!

I expect the path from 5.0 to 5.x to be very similar.

My only thought is to reduce the anxiety and frustration, is not install every single sub-version of P3D v5.x.

For example  I jumped in at v4.1 skipping over v4.0 and then skipped v4.2 and v4.3, then jumped back in at v4.4 and finally arrived n v4.5 At least this saved some aggravation on my part.

Cheers

Mark

(MfG aus Karlsruhe)

Edited by aldridgem
typo
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

I just did one of my favorite short range flights from KSLC to KJAC and need to say that HF1 has fixed virtually all issues and it was one of the most beautiful approaches, far surpassing v4.5. Yes it took a while, but IMHO well worth it.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Hi Marcus,

Sorry to read how you feel at the moment.

Surely V5 had been rushed out to fast. 
We had cloud grid, unsharp clouds, milky white water in dawn/dusk/night, red fog and black objects that also were shining through the clouds. And some issues that I have forgotten to mention.

Myself, I have been able to make the cloud grid less apparent, sharpen the clouds and fix the milky white water.

If I am correct a complete re-install of all 3 parts will solve the black objects.

Using a weather program solves the fog at dawn/dusk. AS as it is now does that and FSGRW by setting visibility to 300.

Several days ago I uploaded a vid with the descent to and landing at Marseille. Apart from several smaller black scenery objects it looks very realistic and gave me a lot of joy.

Orbx has stated that they will update multiple V4 scenery to V5 scenery. 
We will see.

V5 is still in development. And while I agree that it is a pity that not everything is working as it should, I am confident that with extra updates V5 at a point will shine like V4.5 HF3 + more realism.

regards, Gerard

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 minute ago, pgde said:

I just did one of my favorite short range flights from KSLC to KJAC and need to say that HF1 has fixed virtually all issues and it was one of the most beautiful approaches, far surpassing v4.5. Yes it took a while, but IMHO well worth it.

How about overall stability? The patch was released just 48 hours ago. 

With V4.5 working perfectly on my system, I have no desire, other than curiosity to move to v5....for now, I am letting that curiosity lie fallow.

Sherm

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

54 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Am I the only one who is getting tired? 😉

It's a never ending challenge for both the customers and the developers. Everyone wants the best and no one introduces problems intentionally. Just when the last version is finally stable, another one appears. Such is the way of these flight simulators but there is always the option not to follow and just settle for the most stable. FS9, FSX, FSX-SE and P3D v4.5 all fall into that category after years of trial and tests.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Marcus.  I understand your frustration.  While I don't understand some of LM's moves as of late.  Like the red mars look and some other things.  But V5 has been a massive improvement for me in performance.  I've continued to run it with EA off.  I hope they get EA straight, but whatever.  The constant fiddling while annoying, has been the name of the game with flight sims ever since I started in 1994.  I don't see that ever going away.  

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I have a 'test flight' saved which used to generate CTDs and other issues. Have run it and no more CTDs. The test flight is now deleted. :) BTW I have a PPL and 30+ years of using FS (and now P3D) and can tell when something isn't working. And, I did install all 3 components and following the suggestions posted here in the forum. A 12 minute download on my Gig connection, 30 minutes of installation/deletion and off I went (I do daily backups using Reflect just in case of issues).

Edited by pgde

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

There is only one reason that would make me seriously consider moving to v5 from v4.5HF2, and that is if I knew for certain that it would significantly reduce the stutters that I am getting at various locations around the UK. These stutters do not seem to make a lot of sense at times, so I suspect that some leftover "voodoo magic" from the original ESP code is still at play.

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

There is only one reason that would make me seriously consider moving to v5 from v4.5HF2, and that is if I knew for certain that it would significantly reduce the stutters that I am getting at various locations around the UK. These stutters do not seem to make a lot of sense at times, so I suspect that some leftover "voodoo magic" from the original ESP code is still at play.

This is anecdotal, but I do see fewer stutters in V5 versus V4. Why not just buy it and try it out during the 14-day return window?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

Back up your system, install V5, done.

Don’t like it? Restore.

It would be unfortunate if you didn’t do this as you will never know.

Nothing’s for certain, including flight sims.

Cheers,

Mark