Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Anyone else getting a little tired of LM?

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

There is only one reason that would make me seriously consider moving to v5 from v4.5HF2, and that is if I knew for certain that it would significantly reduce the stutters that I am getting at various locations around the UK. These stutters do not seem to make a lot of sense at times, so I suspect that some leftover "voodoo magic" from the original ESP code is still at play.

I am able to run v5 at 50fps rather than 30, with visibly fewer stutter and higher visual settings in v5 over v4.

Up to now it was a bit hit and miss, with rain in the VC, CTD's, objects visible through fog/cloud etc, but 5.1HF1 seems pretty good.

Performance improvements may of course be partially down to my upgrade from 8700K to 10850K...  

Edited by kevinfirth
  • Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, shermank said:

With V4.5 working perfectly on my system, I have no desire, other than curiosity to move to v5....for now, I am letting that curiosity lie fallow.

Sherm

Sherm, I totally agree. If your main interest is learning aircraft systems, as is mine, V4.5 HF 3 is preferred.  Totally error free aircraft functionality and no wasted time tracking down errors outweighs visuals for me.

Jay

• Like 1

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

deleted

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Hi Marcus,

sorry for that, but you do not seem to be tired: so many posts, so much text...

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

Honestly I gave up on P3D v5 since sometime already, although now I am more into X-Plane for airliners and MSFS for VFR, it hurts me really seeing the icon of P3Dv5 on my desktop knowing that I invested thousands of euros on it. These CTDs, DXGI and VRAM errors are just ... Myself personally I don't have the time to complete re-install every update that showed up and again fiddle around with the config files hoping everything will be fine. 

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I'm old enough to remember when everyone complained about FSX not being updated anymore after the two hot fixes just after release. This is just the nature of the hobby.

NAX669.png

I am sticking to 4.5 at the moment also. Never tried 5.1 and probably not for the foreseeable future.DX12 may be better performance wise, but too many other issues at the moment it seems. Plus no PTA or Tomatoshade ( that is a deal-breaker) . With Tomatoshade , I can make the sim look amazing and combined with proper sky textures from REX, in my eyes at least it looks great. Yes , I need to clock my CPU to the max stable to get 30FPS in some addon airports ( think FSL and FlyTampa together).. and can run Texture Exponent=10 with no issues with VRAM ( I have a 11GB card).

Blaming LM considering this whole  word not allowed " new normal" is probably not the best thing. Developers working from their basements and small apartments , no teamwork, useless " zoom" calling , no wonder things are not getting fixed. If this plandemic did not occur, GURANTEE  that all the bugs users are reporting would have probably been mitigated by now ( like they were in V4) . When teams and developers are all over the place, no cohesion and poor communication , plus stress levels being through the roof, things don't get fixed as efficiently as before. I notice even in my work ( I work in business ) that things are just not functioning the way they were before. Much more mistakes , poor communication , teamwork non-existant - thus more errors happening.

I've been undecided with my opinions about v5 and v5.1 too. At the same time I got bored with MSFS. So I was rather unsatisfied with my sim experiences the last few months.  Now with the latest hotfix there is light at the end of the tunnel. I agree, EA is still far away from being perfect but for me it is good enough when GA flying below the clouds. Above the clouds it depends on the actual weather but quite often, it looks too bad  with those stripes and squares ... then I simply switch it off.

I try to focus on the good parts, so for me the glass is half full.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I can’t wait to update this weekend, although I’m a bit nervous because v5 works so smoothly on my system. I know it may sound over the top, but this is the best any sim ever ran on any of my systems since FS98. 

I understand the frustration some have, I’ve been there many times 😉 I’m predominantly a commercial study level aircraft simmer, and for me the smoothness combined with Activesky is the best offering currently. 

Now I’ll be making a pot of coffee and take the plunge 😎 and will switch to a different beverage if I mess up.....

Cheers,

Pete

• Like 1

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

38 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Above the clouds it depends on the actual weather but quite often, it looks too bad  with those stripes and squares

I recommend using Hi-Fi ActiveSky P3D. @Damian Clark included a custom volumetric settings and logic that makes all these squares patterns really rare..

S.

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

I recommend using Hi-Fi ActiveSky P3D. @Damian Clark included a custom volumetric settings and logic that makes all these squares patterns really rare..

S.

I'm using it, and as as you say it is much better than it was before the HF. But it also depends on the weather situation sometimes it is barely noticeable sometimes it is better to switch it off.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

V5.1HF is the best simming experience Ive had.  In no other sim have I been able to fly at 800knots for 15mins across the UK, in full Orbx TE, at 200 to 5000ft, at 50fps, in 4k, with nearly maximum settings, without really any glitches, and barely any autogen or ortho imagery loading noticeable.  

• Like 3

xaP1VAU.png

I posted about this "issue" sometime back but not just for LM but of all the three major sims folks are using.  Its endless, its tiresome and one can loose interest and it's mind numbing.

I am still using V4.5.  I now tend to be very slow in uptake on any updates.  I still don't have MSFS. But do have latest XP.

I would pay $2,000 right now for a totally working flightsim.  Heck I just paid for a video card upgrade because the new versions demand it really.

I personally am fed up with hotfix this and hotfix that.  But that's just me.

So for me for a while its P4Dv4.5 and XP11.5 and no MSFS (but I suspect will give it a go soon now that I have that new to me video card GTX1080 Ti). 

Bryan

• Like 1

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I am  sorry for you but I am having a great time in Prepar3d!

The clouds get better and better and for IFR with my 737 home cockpit setup, flying online at Vatsim it is a great experience!

I have a absolute stutter free sim, with great perfomance and visuals. Too bad it doesn't work out for some.

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I am embarking right now on the 4.5 to 5.1 transition. It's like going to the dentist. Can't wait for it to be over with. I'll see you all on the other side. 

• Like 3

Eric