Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Anyone else getting a little tired of LM?

3 hours ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

I can’t wait to update this weekend, although I’m a bit nervous because v5 works so smoothly on my system. I know it may sound over the top, but this is the best any sim ever ran on any of my systems since FS98. 

I understand the frustration some have, I’ve been there many times 😉 I’m predominantly a commercial study level aircraft simmer, and for me the smoothness combined with Activesky is the best offering currently. 

Now I’ll be making a pot of coffee and take the plunge 😎 and will switch to a different beverage if I mess up.....

Cheers,

Pete

Hallo Peter, i´am quite sure you will not be disapointed, if you upgrade properly

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

I’m reasonably happy with 5.1. 

There’s still lots of little things to work on and optimize but I feel like this is the first v5 iteration that truly feels like it’s ready for prime time. 🙂

• Like 1

Yeah, I've been quite happy with 5.1. I've had great performance from it (compared to 4.5) to the point where I am reluctant to upgrade to the latest patch fearing it'll break add ons. 

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

44 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I am embarking right now on the 4.5 to 5.1 transition. It's like going to the dentist. Can't wait for it to be over with. I'll see you all on the other side. 

Will be watching your upcoming posts, Eric! 

32 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Hallo Peter, i´am quite sure you will not be disapointed, if you upgrade properly

Danke Dir Bernd 👍 Werd’s heute Abend updaten!

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Personally I've had some ups and downs with 5.1, that's for sure. I find its performance is not consistently as good as I had hoped, with some areas performing rather badly with major stutters when in v4.5 these areas did not have these problems. I think it might be due to the vastly updated vector scenery in v5 compared to v4, but frankly if that's not it I have no idea why the sim gets so choppy in these areas. Other than that, though, I do like v5 much more than v4. I vastly prefer the lighting, specifically. The other day I happened to compare, by chance Samscene Osaka in v4 and v5, and was struck by the enormous difference in depiction of the two. v5 looks a lot more realistic to me. And with HF1, a lot of the initial issues I had with popping textures in front of EA appear to have been resolved... So I'm generally quite pleased as of right now... But let's see. I've only barely begun installing my addons into v5, so there's still plenty of room for things to go awry.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

26 minutes ago, Benjamin J said:

Personally I've had some ups and downs with 5.1, that's for sure. I find its performance is not consistently as good as I had hoped, with some areas performing rather badly with major stutters when in v4.5 these areas did not have these problems. I think it might be due to the vastly updated vector scenery in v5 compared to v4, but frankly if that's not it I have no idea why the sim gets so choppy in these areas. Other than that, though, I do like v5 much more than v4. I vastly prefer the lighting, specifically. The other day I happened to compare, by chance Samscene Osaka in v4 and v5, and was struck by the enormous difference in depiction of the two. v5 looks a lot more realistic to me. And with HF1, a lot of the initial issues I had with popping textures in front of EA appear to have been resolved... So I'm generally quite pleased as of right now... But let's see. I've only barely begun installing my addons into v5, so there's still plenty of room for things to go awry.

In between I got several DXGI Hung errors with CTD since V5.1 HF1. Regardless VR or non VR. Do you have them too?

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

5 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

In between I got several DXGI Hung errors with CTD since V5.1 HF1. Regardless VR or non VR. Do you have them too?

Marcus

Sorry to read that Marcus.

The few new posts that I have read here and at LM forum are not about CTD’s.

Btw : does your AA work ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

13 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Marcus

Ive not installed any third party aircraft yet or done a flight longer than 15 minutes, so really haven’t done any stress testing of any kind. Sometime over thanksgiving I’m sure that I’ll have at least the PMDG 737 or 747 installed, so I’ll let you know if anything bad happens... I’ve really been wanting to try RJTT-RJOO since I’ve done that flight in v4.5 and performance was pretty bad. Curious to see how v5.1 will handle it.

EDIT: Actually, come to think of it, I had one back in v5.0 HF2. I had installed FSDT KLAX, MSE SoCal and OrbX KBUR (with PBR enabled). As I was flying with the F22 towards KBUR I got the CTD. Stopped happening when I disabled KBUR PBR. Unfortunate I had to do that, but as long as I have a GTX1070, I think that will be the status quo...

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

40 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Marcus

Marcus, yes I got a few of those too, but then Ive not had the problem again since. K

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

I just installed this v5.1 HF1 (complete reinstall) and it works like a charm. Not a single issue so far. Good job LM !

25 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Marcus, yes I got a few of those too, but then Ive not had the problem again since. K

Did you change something to avoid it? I mean....did you found the cause and could get rid of it?

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Did you change something to avoid it? I mean....did you found the cause and could get rid of it?

Marcus

No I've just had it again.  Default F35 loads ok, as soon as I try to select a non default vehicle I get DXGI?  And with an a/c that I just flew in a different scenario!

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

9 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

No I've just had it again.  Default F35 loads ok, as soon as I try to select a non default vehicle I get DXGI?  And with an a/c that I just flew in a different scenario!

Exact what I found out too. Load in F22 stock...no issue. Load in A330...DXGI Hung....Load in Stock first and wait till loaded (at gate for instance) and after that change vehicle to A330......no issue...at least at my prior flight. I will test this again.

UPDATE TEST 2

Again it worked without DXGI Hung ctd if you load in a stock plane first and after that a Addon Airplane

After couple of minutes CTD again

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
TEST 2 Update

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png