Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Anyone else getting a little tired of LM?

Just now, mpo910 said:

Exact what I found out too. Load in F22 stock...no issue. Load in A330...DXGI Hung....Load in Stock first and wait till loaded (at gate for instance) and after that change vehicle to A330......no issue...at least at my prior flight. I will test this again.

Marcus

what gfx card do you have ?

have you turned of real light ?

14ppkc-6.png

17 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

No I've just had it again.  Default F35 loads ok, as soon as I try to select a non default vehicle I get DXGI?  And with an a/c that I just flew in a different scenario!

I just turned off my TrueGlass.dll within the Sim Root Folder "gauges" which some addons do install as I did read something here about issues with it. QW stated this is unstable at the moment. Generally it works, but not stable and can lead to issues.

So far I was able to startup with A330 Addon plane and till now, 5 minutes...no CDT DXGI Hung error.

Do you have it also "active"? Look at the gauges directory in your root sim and rename it to trueglass.dll.off instead of trueglass.dll 

Maybe it helps. Please report back if you get stable (or not) by doing this. This would help reporting at addon devs like QW, Aerosoft and all the others who use the tfdi trueglass feature.

Thanks a lot!

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

29 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Exact what I found out too. Load in F22 stock...no issue. Load in A330...DXGI Hung....Load in Stock first and wait till loaded (at gate for instance) and after that change vehicle to A330......no issue...at least at my prior flight. I will test this again.

Marcus

I'm sorry to hear about your CTDs. I believe that must be sth else. With 5.1 HF1 I've not had any CTD so far. I can also directly load complex a/c like PMDG or a2a into complex airports like KSEA with ORBX TE active without first loading a default a/c.

The only thing that I've recently changed, I completely deactivated NV HDAudio because I had read somewhere that this may conflict with the default (main board) Audio output leading to CTDs.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

No problem with 5.1 HF1 on my end with my PMDG addons.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

33 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I just turned off my TrueGlass.dll within the Sim Root Folder "gauges" which some addons do install as I did read something here about issues with it. QW stated this is unstable at the moment. Generally it works, but not stable and can lead to issues.

So far I was able to startup with A330 Addon plane and till now, 5 minutes...no CDT DXGI Hung error.

Do you have it also "active"? Look at the gauges directory in your root sim and rename it to trueglass.dll.off instead of trueglass.dll 

Maybe it helps. Please report back if you get stable (or not) by doing this. This would help reporting at addon devs like QW, Aerosoft and all the others who use the tfdi trueglass feature.

Thanks a lot!

Marcus

i found that trueglass and realight do not work and cause ctds.  as have quite a few people.  cheers 

• Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I'm really happy with the latest version of P3D. I agree, v4.5 was a very stable sim.

Personally, I think the graphics and performance improvement of V5.1 outweigh the "negatives" that are being posted. I haven't experienced any stutters with V5.1...the FSLabs Airbus was working better than ever!

I initially had some DXGI Error Device Hung issues as well...the registry edit (item 4 in the link) worked for me.

https://softwaretested.com/windows/how-to-fix-the-dxgi_error_device_hung-error/

I've been pleased with the progress that LM has made with 5.1 and the Hot fix.  I have not had any problems and find 5.1 HF1 to be faster and smoother than any of the other versions of P3d.   I am running the Professional version since I'm a commercial pilot if that makes any difference?

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

5.1hf1 is easily the best version of P3D I’ve ever used. 

It still has flaws of course but this was a huge step in the right direction. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Folks, about about ctds and overall stability? Or perhaps I should ask this question within a month 

P3d 5.1 HF1 is very stable, except for the problem of not having enough VRAM to fly complex aircraft at detailed airports with ultra settings. Is that really a problem specific to this sim? It seems like it's another example of creeping hardware obsolescence, a feature of every flightsim since the initial release of FSX.

Most of the graphics artifacts are gone and EA more less works with ASP3D. The sim is not as pretty as MSFS, but at least there are no big surprises when you fly. Whereas a month ago I was flying MSFS about 90% of the time, now my split with P3d5 is roughly 50-50 with a sprinkling of DCS thrown in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

P3d 5.1 HF1 is very stable, except for the problem of not having enough VRAM to fly complex aircraft at detailed airports with ultra settings. Is that really a problem specific to this sim? It seems like it's another example of creeping hardware obsolescence, a feature of every flightsim since the initial release of FSX.

The sim hard crashes if you even approach the limit, e.g. I've had my computer hardlock at 6.7/7.1 VRAM. That's a pretty bad situation, regardless of whether it's an LM thing or DX12. While I still wouldn't go back to V4, VRAM crashes are a serious issue. Especially since buying a card with more than 8GB is simply not possible right now unless you're a scalper with a bot.

10 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Most of the graphics artifacts are gone

There are some pretty bad ones remaining that really call into question LM's competency.

https://streamable.com/ls7kle

https://imgur.com/a/ZUdwazD

Still have artifacts around AI aircraft in certain weather conditions and flickering between light and shadows in cockpit under cloudy weather.

Far, far fewer CTDs, which is great. Though I seem to have a problem that during flights, whenever I change a setting that doesn't force a reload of scenery, the sim throws all the memory away and rebuilds. The sim looks like it has hung, but Task Manager shows the memory increasing until the sim recovers.

At least that's an avoidable issue, for the most part.

This is the first time since v5 released that I feel confident enough to do a full airliner flight of a few hours without worrying about a CTD.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

9 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

what gfx card do you have ?

have you turned of real light ?

RTX 3090 MSI Ventus

No real-light installed at the moment (QW uninstalled before installing P3D). But I had TrueGlass installed for the Aerosoft A330. I did disabled the TrueGlass.dll within the "gauges" directory of P3D Root and now I had not a single ctd anymore. At least for round about 10 startups of P3D (tests) and 1 Mid Haul Aerosoft flight from EDDF to GMMN (stable for at least 2 hours......) not finished yet.

But it seem to solve my CTD due DXGI Hung error.   

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Just to remind everyone that just because the sim shows some available VRAM left of the 7.1, the sim may not be able to allocate a large enough contiguous block of VRAM. This is because over time as the sim runs, VRAM becomes fragmented. P3d5 does try to consolidate VRAM but the algorithm doesn't seem particularly helpful.

I get CTDs with HF1. In native 5.1 I never had a CTD. 

P3D (regardless if P3D is in fullscreen or windowed mode) goes black and after a second or two just crashes. There is a windows log entry, it's a warning showing event id 1001 and mentioning Prepar3D. That's it. Mostly this happens with a context switch, changing from fullscreen to window mode or Alt-Tabbing to a different application (or back).

I can play MSFS for hours (including context switches), also other games run with no problems.

When going from 5.1 to HF1 I reinstalled client, content and scenery, cleared the shaders and deleted the Prepar3D.cfg.

Allready tried reinstalling the client, to no avail. I'm kind of stuck now. Probably have to install from scratch.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5