Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

Anyone else getting a little tired of LM?

I had to go back to 5.1 without HF1. No problems there.

I did some tests: Even 5.1HF1 vanilla crashes with DXGI hung error loading the standard scenario (F-35A at KRND). V5.1 vanilla without HF1 is ok. So I installed the HF1 client over my vanilla 5.1 installatioon and the crash was there immediately. Going back to the plain 5.1 client everything works again.

I just have to wait for the next version coming up and try that one then.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

P3D 5.1 HF1 is very unstable for me. Very very rarely encountering DXGI hung error before with 5.0 I now get them frequently. Installation was done similar to Karl with a full new install and I deleted all AppData/ProgramData folders before. Settings for my 1080TI are all on medium and with 1920x1080 as resolution. 

I got FSS Vancouver yesterday and whenever I load the scenery my sim does crash. Even without any AI, deactivating PBR, and Texture Resolution set to 512x512 the sim does crash. But it does happen at many places around the world and CYVR is just the latest example. 

Right now I do not even dare to attempt a flight and use the sim for virtual AI spotting. I do actually enjoy the latest visuals of Enhanced Atmospherics but if nothing changes I have to revert back to 5.0.

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

36 minutes ago, Wolkenschreck said:

P3D 5.1 HF1 is very unstable for me. Very very rarely encountering DXGI hung error before with 5.0 I now get them frequently. Installation was done similar to Karl with a full new install and I deleted all AppData/ProgramData folders before. Settings for my 1080TI are all on medium and with 1920x1080 as resolution. 

I got FSS Vancouver yesterday and whenever I load the scenery my sim does crash. Even without any AI, deactivating PBR, and Texture Resolution set to 512x512 the sim does crash. But it does happen at many places around the world and CYVR is just the latest example. 

Right now I do not even dare to attempt a fly and use the sim for virtual AI spotting. I do actually enjoy the latest visuals of Enhanced Atmospherics but if nothing changes I have to revert back to 5.0.

Are you using a addon which uses trueglass? If yes, try disabling the trueglas.dll to trueglass.dll.off and test if the ctd based on that message occures again. 

Planes like PMDG, QW and Aerosoft are using trueglass, for example.

• Like 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

PMDG is not using trueglass! Just Tfdi, Aerosoft and Qualitywings as far as I know

Bruno

• Like 2

Bruno 

Hi Simbol,

It's an Asus Rog Strix 1080TI with no OC/GPU tool running in the background (only factory settings). Since yesterday I use the latest Studio drivers and before the latest Game Ready driver. The profile is set to global/default and I tried to restore it yesterday. My test vehicle is the ORBX Bob first-person mod and I renamed the TrueGlass/RealLight DLLS to off.

Right now I tried Sim-Wings Hamburg and got also the DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG. VRAM is according to the Task Manager only using close to 5GB (similar to CYVR). 

Let me know if I can help with any logs or with you want to recreate it via Zoom/TeamViewer. More than happy to help as I do like P3Dv5 and know how difficult testing can be with various soft- and hardware configurations. Only the latest HF does not work well for me.

Thanks,
Christoph

3iXF53L.jpg
puX2My4.jpg

Edited by Wolkenschreck

Best,
Christoph

Display resolution: 1920x1080 (8xSSAA)    GPU: 1080TI     CPU: i7-7700K (5.0 OC)    RAM: 16GB     SSD: Samsung 850Evo     Monitor: 27K

FSBetaTesters3.png

7 minutes ago, bakerman said:

PMDG is not using trueglass! Just Tfdi, Aerosoft and Qualitywings as far as I know

Bruno

Thanks for the correction! 😉

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

@Wolkenschreck disable bathymetry (I assume youi are not using submarines in the sim).  Reduce your EA cloud Resolution.  That is the one big VRAM drain.  I actually use lowest resolution and it still looks good.  Start with low and then slowly increase EA cloud resolution.

You can increase Texture resoution on the world page to 7cm.

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

@Wolkenschreck

You are using 8xSSAA.. that is very taxing specially at texture resolution 2048x 2048, I would suggest reduce to 4xSSAA or change the texture resolution to 1024x1024 at 8xSSAA.

Disabling bathymetry if you are not using under water simulation will also help.

S.

What version of Windows are you using?

Any Nvidia Audio drivers installed based on your last install of Studio drivers?

Also Nvidia settings, check: Open NVIDIA Control Panel. Click on 3D Settings → Manage 3D settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and locate the Threaded Optimization. Change the value to Off

• Like 1

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

34 minutes ago, aldridgem said:

Any Nvidia Audio drivers installed based on your last install of Studio drivers?

Also Nvidia settings, check: Open NVIDIA Control Panel. Click on 3D Settings → Manage 3D settings. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and locate the Threaded Optimization. Change the value to Off

Also in NCP change 'Power Management Mode' to 'Prefer maximum performance'.

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

1 hour ago, bakerman said:

Some of the Milviz planes use it, as well--the KingAir 350i and Turbo Otter, for example.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Guys, 

A huge thank you for all your help. Very appreciated. That is the reason why I enjoy Avsim so much. 

I tried your advices and it seems that bathymetry is giving me the problems. 8xSSAA is demanding but was never a problem for my resolution. With bathymetry deactivated I could not trigger the error again in CYVR and EDDH, even with 8xSSAA. 
Bathymetry was a setting that I would not have expected. I had it active since I moved to P3D v4 and kept it, as it improves the intensity/height of waves based on water depth. This is visually nice for airports like Corfu or Trondheim. But interestingly enough had FS1/Federico also debugged an error with D:\Prepar3D v5\gfsdk_waveworks.win64.dll during my tests for his AI DLL. 

I also added the Power Management and Threaded Optimization again, which I had actually in use until I downgraded to the Studio Driver. However, I could not observe a big VRAM correlation between EA low, medium, or high. But that might be the advantage of my screen resolution. 30cm for the Texture Resolution is a setting I have found to give me good balance between visuals and performance, as higher texture resolutions taxed my CPU very much. Also, I do unfortunately need the Audio Drivers as I from time to time feed our TV with streamed content from the PC.

Thanks again,

Christoph

• Like 1

Best,
Christoph

FSBetaTesters3.png

maddog MD80 also uses it.  Though I have my trueglass off

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

2 hours ago, aldridgem said:

What does turning Threaded Optimization off do?  Seems to have made no difference in my previous testing but that’s likely a lack of my specific knowledge on it.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM