Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Carenado PA44 mini review

So far my impression is that it's a bit sluggish and draggy.

Takes quite a lot of engine power to get moving, and slows down rapidly as well. I have no idea if that's how the real airplane is.

The max speed is rather slow, about 140 knots airspeed at 6500 feet, or 158 knots ground speed. 

But it seems nice other than that. It's enjoyable to fly.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

This very realistic textures

unknown.png?width=2205&height=1240

And this is exact reason why we ask all renters not to put their word not allowed on the dash LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Also there is some useful info here 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

Looking at the screenshot above, it has a certain flatness to it... there may be credence to this... more hurried output...  then when looking at some others, it has the typical @Carenado visual attractiveness.... I will wait for some detailed reviews AND THE MOONEY FIX before deciding.

The person saying things are "flat" posted again on the MSFS forum - PEBKAC:

Sorry … My BAD !!!

I had not realize this before.

If you move about with the Mouse, your perspective does not change.

If you move left-right, up down (ie with keyboard arrows) then your perspective does change.

It’s actually working correctly, just as in RL … I was incorrectly expecting to be able to move with the mouse, and see around things… but that is WRONG … my error,

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Carenado PA-44 and GNS 530 Mod test:

Edited by OSM
  • Like 1

Ok great! I’m glad they are at their usual high visual level... hopefully the rest will not be the usual...

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

This has the potential to be really great after a couple of patches, would also like to see animation for prop feather, I'm enjoying it for sure it was a good buy

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

This has the potential to be really great after a couple of patches, would also like to see animation for prop feather, I'm enjoying it for sure it was a good buy

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Wayne such

Wayne such

Wayne such

Sorry for all the posts phone playing up

Wayne such

12 hours ago, HighBypass said:

I'm curious. I've not come across this phrase regarding sideslip. :unsure:

It is along the same line as "Dead foot, dead engine".

Meaning, if you loose an engine, you respond with rudder as required, by "stepping on the ball". So if the ball (Inclinometer) is swung over to the left, you step on the left rudder to correct. That is "stepping on the ball". Then, the "Dead foot, dead engine" comes in. You are working with your left foot by pressing the rudder, so your right foot is doing nothing. The right foot is the dead foot, so the right engine is the dead engine. It is all about identifying which engine has failed before you take any action to secure it, so you don't end up making a mistake and securing the good engine by mistake.

• Like 4

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

1 minute ago, jcycmj said:

Question: when you restart the engine in flight, does the propeller windmill at 100~110 kias?

Frankly, I haven't paid attention but I doubt Carenado would go that far to model such intricate details