Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Carenado PA44 mini review

37 minutes ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

I have no mods. Community folder is empty. I just deleted the plane then did a fresh download and install but nothing changed. I also noticed that with the power cart on and or the battery switch on, the fuel pumps work and I can hear them and see the gages, but the three Gear Down green lights are NOT illuminated. The engines will not turn over. Also Auto Start (Ctrl+E) does not work. Strange.

That is really odd. I wonder if your MSFS installation corrupted or not up to date. As mentioned above video would help !

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Not running fsuipc by chance are you?

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

32gb ddr5 4800mhz, 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD

internet - 300+ mbs / Honycomb Alpha yoke / Saitek Throttle

Dell 43” 4K 

3 hours ago, FrankR409 said:

Not running fsuipc by chance are you? 

Yes, I am running FSUIPC7. Does that matter?

II am not at home now, but will delete the plane and do a new download. Carenado got back to me and that was their suggestion too. What do you mean "select thier iPad option"? 

Thanks

1 minute ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

II am not at home now, but will delete the plane and do a new download. Carenado got back to me and that was their suggestion too. What do you mean "select thier iPad option"? 

Thanks

I saw a thread from another user having electrical issues, and narrowed it down I thought to fsuipc.  

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

11 hours ago, FrankR409 said:

I saw a thread from another user having electrical issues, and narrowed it down I thought to fsuipc.  

That was it. When you install FSUIPC it creates a new icon for the desktop the starts FSUIPC and MSFS. FSUIPC is now a stand alone app that when you start it, it automatically starts MSFS. If you click on the original MSFS icon, FSUIPC does not start, just MSFS starts. The plane's engines now start both manually and also with the auto start keys, Ctrl+e, so for now I will use the original icon and not run FSUIPC until they get things sorted out. I will contact them and let them know about the problem.

Thanks everybody who responded to my request for help. I have been using Flight Simulator and have used every edition that has come along through the years including P3D and now MSFS and this community always amazes me when I see the friendly atmosphere just like this today. 

Howard

Edited by Stratocruiser1
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

That was it. When you install FSUIPC it creates a new icon for the desktop the starts FSUIPC and MSFS. FSUIPC is now a stand alone app that when you start it, it automatically starts MSFS. If you click on the original MSFS icon, FSUIPC does not start, just MSFS starts. The plane's engines now start both manually and also with the auto start keys, Ctrl+e, so for now I will use the original icon and not run FSUIPC until they get things sorted out. I will contact them and let them know about the problem.

Thanks everybody who responded to my request for help. I have been using Flight Simulator and have used every edition that has come along through the years including P3D and now MSFS and this community always amazes me when I see the friendly atmosphere just like this today. 

Howard

That’s awesome...I’m glad to hear it.  I’m happy that I am retaining all these odd things I read about so they can at least be useful to someone.

• Like 2

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

1 hour ago, Stratocruiser1 said:

Howard

Glad things work out for you. Now I can recommend GNS530 mod that goes perfectly good with PA44

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/gns530-mod/296598

Edited by sd_flyer
  • Like 2

Here are my findings after latest update of Carelessnado PA44:

1. Outside temperature gauges now only works when power is on. Great "improvement" of regular thermometer which in real life connected to nothing but window (irony).  OAT gauge still gives erroneous reading above outside temperature as result now you can get icing with +10C!

2. Performance "improvement". Now you can climb 2000+ fpm  or cruise 150 kts even with airframe full of structural icing !

3. HSI still doesn't sync with GPS when CDI set to GPS (even thought HSI featured in PA44 does has GPS marking inside HSI gauge)

After that new "features" and old bugs I got discouraged to test the rest 😞

Hmmm, are these bugs still the case? I am tempted to pick this up with the 40 percent sale.

5 minutes ago, jpe828 said:

Hmmm, are these bugs still the case? I am tempted to pick this up with the 40 percent sale.

From what I can see the last plane update from Carenado resolved the issues.  

Edit;  have not tested for the “issues” sd-flyer mentions above, only the click point stuff that caused ctd.

Edited by FrankR409

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

Just now, FrankR409 said:

From what I can see the last plane update from Carenado resolved the issues.  

So, Frank... in your opinion is this a worthwhile addition? I have enjoyed the Mooney quite alot while waiting for an A2A or other study level GA bird. 

1 minute ago, jpe828 said:

So, Frank... in your opinion is this a worthwhile addition? I have enjoyed the Mooney quite alot while waiting for an A2A or other study level GA bird. 

The Mooney and the PA-44 are very good for me.  I’ll be a day one buyer when/if a2a ever delivers

• Like 1

I9-13900kf - rtx4090

Dell 43” 4K 

Nice renditions for MSFS, I have those for FSX and XP as well, don't know why I keep buying those... 😁

Anyway, is there a way for making the ATC say the correct callsign for each model? I write for example "PIPER" in the ATC options of the plane but in the flight I just get the tail number mentioned by ATC and not the plane model, I would expect something like "PIPER 020"...

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

3 minutes ago, alexcolka said:

Nice renditions for MSFS, I have those for FSX and XP as well, don't know why I keep buying those... 😁

Anyway, is there a way for making the ATC say the correct callsign for each model? I write for example "PIPER" in the ATC options of the plane but in the flight I just get the tail number mentioned by ATC and not the plane model, I would expect something like "PIPER 020"...

Thanks,

I'd also love to hear Mooney or Ovation, but so far no one has come up with a fix. There's probably someone who knows how to do it. Create a new thread. Then create one in the MSFS forum.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.