Sign in to follow this  
sd_flyer

Carenado PA44 mini review

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Update. I deleted PA44 one more time in content manager. Then after exiting MSFS I deleted Seminole folder again physically in official/one store. I reinstalled it and HSI works. However, it doesn't register VLOC vs GPS just work by default as  VLOC would be on all the time. It cheered me up a bit but still why doesn't it happens. Was it a bad build that doesn't overwrite certain files ? I can only guess, but it's very frustrating 

Any idea what was fixed in this update? everything seems the same for my installation. 

Perhaps I need to remove and reinstall, to experience what was fixed?

I see no vacuum gauge, am I missing something? Haven't seen a mention of this in any of the reviews I have read. 

Edited by Romeo_Tango
add information

Robin

48 minutes ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Any idea what was fixed in this update? everything seems the same for my installation. 

Perhaps I need to remove and reinstall, to experience what was fixed?

I see no vacuum gauge, am I missing something? Haven't seen a mention of this in any of the reviews I have read. 

You have to go to content manager and update PA44.

There is no vacuum gauge in Carenado version. But I would care less. I do have vacuum gauge in my airplane IRL. Out of all times my gyros (AI/CG/TC) died  only once I saw it low vacuum during runup and discovered that my vacuum pump failed. But then before that AI "spilled" already so I would discovered it anyway. Now with G5 who cares LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I deleted PA44 in Content Manager, then in the folder. Then reinstall in FS. No bueno, HSI still borked.

Then I did it another time, with a restart of the computer as well, and then it worked. So it seems like it needs to be done twice like sd_flyer said.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

17 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

You have to go to content manager and update PA44.

There is no vacuum gauge in Carenado version. But I would care less. I do have vacuum gauge in my airplane IRL. Out of all times my gyros (AI/CG/TC) died  only once I saw it low vacuum during runup and discovered that my vacuum pump failed. But then before that AI "spilled" already so I would discovered it anyway. Now with G5 who cares LOL

Thanks for that info. I guess the only thing corrected in the update is the HSI. God, grant me patience to wait on A2A.

Robin

1 hour ago, Romeo_Tango said:

Thanks for that info. I guess the only thing corrected in the update is the HSI. God, grant me patience to wait on A2A.

A2A is coming soon! Rumors have it already! The only thing we don't know is what. But I personally would buy literally anything from them. I consider myself as a part of A2A cult LOL 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

A2A is coming soon! Rumors have it already! The only thing we don't know is what. But I personally would buy literally anything from them. I consider myself as a part of A2A cult LOL 

Add one proud cult member.

Not having A2A is about the only regret that I have re removing my other sim from my hard drive.

Robin

updated to v1.2, installed twice but hsi/gps/vloc still not working...

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

On 1/16/2021 at 11:49 AM, Republic3D said:

I deleted PA44 in Content Manager, then in the folder. Then reinstall in FS. No bueno, HSI still borked.

Then I did it another time, with a restart of the computer as well, and then it worked. So it seems like it needs to be done twice like sd_flyer said.

I deleted mine, rebooted PC.  But now when I go to Content Manager it shows the Seminole as installed and up to date grrr...  (It's not installed because its not in my hangar).

This kind of rigmarole is exactly why I highly dislike the Marketplace.

update: I found that deleting the seminole did not actually delete it... it shows 0 KB in the content manager, but in my windows explorer the files are still present.  So I'm manually deleting and I'll see if I can grab from CM now.

Edited by ryanbatcund

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

35 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

I deleted mine, rebooted PC.  But now when I go to Content Manager it shows the Seminole as installed and up to date grrr...  (It's not installed because its not in my hangar).

This kind of rigmarole is exactly why I highly dislike the Marketplace.

update: I found that deleting the seminole did not actually delete it... it shows 0 KB in the content manager, but in my windows explorer the files are still present.  So I'm manually deleting and I'll see if I can grab from CM now.

I did following. Delete  PA44 in contain manager, exit sim. Then delete actual physical folder of PA44 in "official store" corresponding folder. After that restart pc/sim and redownload again. 

On 1/16/2021 at 10:37 PM, sd_flyer said:

I'd buy anything from them too, even if it's a 3d model of a cockroach I'll buy it, without bothering to read or watch a review first.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I did following. Delete  PA44 in contain manager, exit sim. Then delete actual physical folder of PA44 in "official store" corresponding folder. After that restart pc/sim and redownload again. 

I just did this... it downloads okay but the HSI is still stuck.  No CDI deviation when tuning a VOR (and yes VLOC mode)

ARGH

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatcund said:

I just did this... it downloads okay but the HSI is still stuck.  No CDI deviation when tuning a VOR (and yes VLOC mode)

ARGH

Ok I think I’m on something. It worked just last flight and now it doesn’t . The difference is last flight I had the whole route generated by MSFS with departure and arriving .  Next flight I just picked departure and no flight plan and HSI stuck . Can anyone confirm ?

9 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Ok I think I’m on something. It worked just last flight and now it doesn’t . The difference is last flight I had the whole route generated by MSFS with departure and arriving .  Next flight I just picked departure and no flight plan and HSI stuck . Can anyone confirm ?

I don't know what I even did but after about 3 reboots its working.  I did not have a FPL... just took off, tuned a VOR and used VLOC and the CDI moved.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

3 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

This is what I did and all appears to be well.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

10 minutes ago, regis9 said:

This is what I did and all appears to be well.

Unfortunately after one flight it went back to old ways. Go figure why