Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

World Update II - North America

4 hours ago, conundrum said:

Pretty sure Jayne referred to it as North America in today’s stream.

That's very odd.

38:49" twitchiness on A320 & 787 lack of control response at slow speeds. They modified 5 planes and if well received will do the same for all default planes.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

8 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

I am not sure.  That's just what was stated in the Dev Q&A.  Maybe they take periodic snapshots from Bing - I have no inside info but I imagine processing the imagery through the Blackshark AI to generate the buildings is resource intensive, so it might not be possible to constantly track the latest Bing.

Don't quote me, but I'm sure I read or heard that to process the entire Earth takes about 4 hours.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

9 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

"USA update is 4 new handcrafted airports, new digital elevation terrain model (1m resolution in many cases), new aerial ortho imagery for many areas, 50 new points of interest/landmarks, and a new bush trip."

What exactly does that mean?  I understood that the ortho imagery was continually updated from Bing.

The server-side data uses Bing as a baseline, but I'm sure the MSFS and Bing teams are both trying to acquire better quality data for the simulator - whether it's Asobo getting data and feeding it upstream back to Bing, or Bing getting it and feeding it downstream into Flight Sim.

All of the new ortho and terrain data in the North America update next week, is presumably going to end up in Bing Maps too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

USA update is 4 new handcrafted airports, new digital elevation terrain model (1m resolution in many cases), new aerial ortho imagery for many areas, 50 new points of interest/landmarks, and a new bush trip.

New airports are: Atlanta International, Friday Harbor, New York Stewart, and Dallas-Fort Worth

This was discussed in last dev Q&A (Oct 28th).

The Dev Q&A videos are very informative, I highly recommend watching them to keep up on stuff like this.

1m resolution digital elevation? This must be a dream coming true. My biggest complaint of MSFS is the low resolution mesh. I think the default mesh might be below 100m and it makes the mountains too smooth and rounded. The free HD mesh for XP11 is 30m and it looks so much better than that of MSFS. With 1m mesh resolution the mountains will look like real mountains. Can't wait!

• Like 1

Is Hawaii included in the North American update or would that be considered a part of Oceania? Hawaii really needs work.

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

8 hours ago, NismoRR said:

I was hoping for KLAS. KFHR is awesome as I’ve been doing a bunch of flights up there. Just started an OnAir company tonight at KORS and have an FSE flight into KFHR tomorrow.

Well there's a KLAS in dev, which also includes a city with night lighting.

Bottom line, just a couple of months, and we have a fully developed west coast - KSAN, KLAX, KBUR, KSFO, KPDX, KSEA, CYVR - KLAS the missing link.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

12 hours ago, marsman2020 said:

Maybe they take periodic snapshots from Bing - I have no inside info but I imagine processing the imagery through the Blackshark AI to generate the buildings is resource intensive, so it might not be possible to constantly track the latest Bing.

The weird thing is the japan photogrammetry update in MSFS hasn't been updated in Bing yet. Al least if I search Bing 3D cities Yokohama and Tokyo comes up empty.

I hope they put the most up-to-date data in place for the little city of Wayland Michigan.  Its over 4 year old data and my house doesnt even exist yet in current MSFS.

If they don't update......no buy!!

oh, wait.......I already bought the sim.

• Like 3

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

On 11/20/2020 at 9:32 AM, StoreyedTrain said:

Should be same kind of deal as Japan.

I still did not make it to Japan post update. How good is the terrain data?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

10 hours ago, Scottoest said:

The server-side data uses Bing as a baseline, but I'm sure the MSFS and Bing teams are both trying to acquire better quality data for the simulator - whether it's Asobo getting data and feeding it upstream back to Bing, or Bing getting it and feeding it downstream into Flight Sim.

All of the new ortho and terrain data in the North America update next week, is presumably going to end up in Bing Maps too.

Yeah, even before launch there was evidence of MSFS not using all the same imagery as bing.

There was a weekly update screenshot of a park that was clearly taken at different time, with shadows at different angles, parking lot had different cars etc, when compared to what was currently on bing.

Also even outside of MSFS, I've noticed that the Microsoft Windows 10 maps app, and bing maps in browser sometimes have different imagery.

I can't think of any examples off hand, that was a few months ago.

Edited by Tuskin38

Maybe there will be photogrammetry in more cities. More fauna in more places.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Drumcode said:

I still did not make it to Japan post update. How good is the terrain data?

In the prior Dev Q&A in September they said the USA terrain data would be even better than the new Japan data.  I think they mentioned the Japan data was 5m.

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals