Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

On 4/14/2021 at 1:09 PM, northtexas said:

Using AIFP to convert AIG flight plans to MSFS and substituting the aircraft that's listed with one of the over 200 A320 neo liveries and 10 B747-8 cargo liveries I've downloaded I had a decent working offline AI system going UNTIL yesterday's update broke something.  Now instead of getting the correct planes like Delta & Southwest at KATL I now get a mishmash of airlines like it's just grabbing anything instead of using the icao airline code located in the aircraft.cfg.  With Life traffic I still get the correct airline. 

NOTE - AIG...I have not and will not share or post any of your flight plans online.

Try setting "isAirTraffic = 1" to 0 in the liveries. that stopped it from happening to my Online traffic.

18 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Try setting "isAirTraffic = 1" to 0 in the liveries. that stopped it from happening to my Online traffic.

Thanks but when I switch  "isAirTraffic = 1 to 0"  I get zero traffic both Online & Offline.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

time for an development update

Over the last days I have worked on the backend for the MSFS part of AIM and it looks like for now all needed features are added. This marks the next milestone on our roadmap for a public release.
Our Conversion-Team is working on updating/upgrading the models, so far we have around 6 or 7 aircraft types already converted and were able to keep backwards compability with the paints.

AIG OCI for MSFS will support glTF format Models as well as MDLX. A feature to upgrade from MDLX to glTF is panned, so in case an upgraded version is released later the tool will perform an inplace upgrade on the users system automatically (incl. all needed changes to the repaints).

As you kmight have heard there is currently a major bug within MSFS that prevents correct model matching even for offline AI. We at AIG have already a workaroudn for that under develolment that we might release as default installation method for offline AI in AIM. In case MS/ASOBO is not able to fix this, I will disable the BGL installation support in AIM to reduce possible support request on our end

Support for offline and online AI is still on the feature list and based on the talk with Jörg I had some weeks ago it looks like we will keep both features supported - more on that at a later date (when I had time to discuss some other stuff with Jörg).

Next milestones:

1. Start private alpha testing (DO NOT SEND ME ANY REQUEST!!! - I will pick the team, because this is not like early access, this is far more technical) - there will be a public beta before release
  2. Finishing the Database to incl. all published (glTF/MDLX) models and the needed information
  3. Create the conversion-data sets for lagacy MDLX textures (mostly FAIB Models)

Since we can fallback on our workaround for offline AI, we are still on track for a potential full release in Q4 this year.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

13 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Support for offline and online AI is still on the feature list and based on the talk with Jörg I had some weeks ago it looks like we will keep both features supported - more on that at a later date (when I had time to discuss some other stuff with Jörg).

So the community pressure worked now to have a communication with Jörg and Asobo? I hope this helped you a lot to overcome issues and helped MSFS as well to fix these bugs 🙂

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

24 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

So the community pressure worked now to have a communication with Jörg and Asobo? I hope this helped you a lot to overcome issues and helped MSFS as well to fix these bugs 🙂

we have to wait on the end result.... (Jörg wanted a second talk this week, but I am stil waiting on a date/time confirmation xD, so i guess he has missed my mail with options or it is not that important^^).

But yeah the first talk and the mails we send are showing that this might be heading in the correct direction.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kaiii3 said:

As you kmight have heard there is currently a major bug within MSFS that prevents correct model matching even for offline AI. We at AIG have already a workaroudn for that under develolment that we might release as default installation method for offline AI in AIM. In case MS/ASOBO is not able to fix this, I will disable the BGL installation support in AIM to reduce possible support request on our end

Great news. Will you share this workaround with the community in the meantime?

6 minutes ago, honanhal said:

Great news. Will you share this workaround with the community in the meantime?

since this workaround contains our new fileformat and AIGTC this might take some more time.

3 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

time for an development update

Since we can fallback on our workaround for offline AI, we are still on track for a potential full release in Q4 this year.

Dude, I haven't been this excited about this platform in a while. So you're shooting for both, offline and online options for Q4? 

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

@Kaii 

If you need someone to test the ac without flightplans just let me know

I use PSXT + RealTraffic for MSFS, like I use AIG ac with those apps in P3D, so no need for flightplans.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

On 5/21/2021 at 4:00 PM, GSalden said:

@Kaii 

If you need someone to test the ac without flightplans just let me know

I use PSXT + RealTraffic for MSFS, like I use AIG ac with those apps in P3D, so no need for flightplans.

sure, might be something for the public beta, you would still need to get the flightplans since they are the "basement" of AIM and OCI, but you can just disable them within the Sim to use only the models for matching.

• Upvote 1

for those not in the Q&A chat today: We have started the private alpha phase today with full online/offline support.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

for those not in the Q&A chat today: We have started the private alpha phase today with full online/offline support.

When a open testing is more willing to happen?

Edited by ca_metal

4 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

Ahh very excited.