Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

11 minutes ago, NorCal88 said:

So if I want to seperate myself from other aircraft, I must use the default MSFS ATC...otherwise I risk flying through other AI planes?

Until a good ATC addon comes out yes. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Very well, thank you for the information, I will continue with MSFS ATC and AIG AIM AI happily until a better ATC comes out.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NorCal88 said:

Very well, thank you for the information, I will continue with MSFS ATC and AIG AIM AI happily until a better ATC comes out.

Thanks again.

FTFY. 😉

Regards, Kendall

5 hours ago, NorCal88 said:

So if I want to seperate myself from other aircraft, I must use the default MSFS ATC...otherwise I risk flying through other AI planes?

Yes, the MSFS ATC controls the traffic AI, AIG cannot do this for technical reasons, there is no way to influence the traffic AI code. AIG does "feed" models and liveries and flightplans to the sim, but how they all act together is part of the traffic AI coding of the sim.
So yes, ATC is responsible... however I have no idea how or if at all the MSFS ATC takes account the user plane, so you better watch out for yourself I guess. MSFS ATC already struggles with separating AI only planes (see the many go arounds because traffic on runway), it will only get harder with a human player. So after all it's Asobo's turn on improving the AI. On P3D for example AIG worked really well with the traffic AI, because P3Ds traffic AI was much better (not perfect).

9 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Yes, the MSFS ATC controls the traffic AI, AIG cannot do this for technical reasons, there is no way to influence the traffic AI code. AIG does "feed" models and liveries and flightplans to the sim, but how they all act together is part of the traffic AI coding of the sim.

The real traffic addon fully controls the AI aircraft positions, so it would be possible for AIG to control the traffic externally in a similar manner (either using real data or bespoke AI code).

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

5 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

The real traffic addon fully controls the AI aircraft positions, so it would be possible for AIG to control the traffic externally in a similar manner (either using real data or bespoke AI code).

we would need to setup a complete new standalone AI logic that is not based on any live traffic data but only on the Sim enviorment and this is currently not possible with the API MSFS provides with the SDK at the moment.

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

6 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

I think it's not so much controlling it as it is just turning off MSFS AI altogether and then injecting the traffic positions from it's flight data. It's not really a AI system, more of a put this where this data says it's at type of thing. It doesn't really use MSFS AI or positioning at all, so you may see traffic taxiing through grass, buildings, etc. if the real data doesn't line up with the MSFS data. It's also a $10 monthly subscription. You can read more about how it works at https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/

• Upvote 2

James

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

I think it's not so much controlling it as it is just turning off MSFS AI altogether and then injecting the traffic positions from it's flight data. It's not really a AI system, more of a put this where this data says it's at type of thing. It doesn't really use MSFS AI or positioning at all, so you may see traffic taxiing through grass, buildings, etc. if the real data doesn't line up with the MSFS data. It's also a $10 monthly subscription. You can read more about how it works at https://rtweb.flyrealtraffic.com/

Well with that one you have issues to disappearing traffic, traffic move or disappear - reappear or 100 m further when the data is update and it reappears or suddenly going to warp speed to catch up the current location...

Doesn't take the users traffic into account etc...

André

7 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

we would need to setup a complete new standalone AI logic that is not based on any live traffic data but only on the Sim enviorment and this is currently not possible with the API MSFS provides with the SDK at the moment.

Aye, I'm not suggesting that it's easy or feasible right now. Just that it is physically possible to control the location of planes externally.

Perhaps sometime in the future we'll have that "complete new standalone Ai logic". Asobo and MIcrosoft don't seem great at doing that sort of thing.

From memory, Vox ATC controls traffic externally (been a while since I used it).

Enjoying AIG well enough for now, great product, thanks for your work Kaiii3. 🙂 

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Hoping for some help here please?
Does anyone use Tobii Eye Tracking with AIG Traffic Controller?
I am finding that when I open AIG Traffic Controller it completely locks up Tobii eye tracking.
All the required services are still running, but everything requires a complete restart to get working again.
The Tobii controller suddenly disappears from the MSFS controller menu. 
I have done complete re-installs and empty community folder etc.
I can reproduce the issue 100%
Thanks for any assistance.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, timd24 said:
Hoping for some help here please?
Does anyone use Tobii Eye Tracking with AIG Traffic Controller?
I am finding that when I open AIG Traffic Controller it completely locks up Tobii eye tracking.
All the required services are still running, but everything requires a complete restart to get working again.
The Tobii controller suddenly disappears from the MSFS controller menu. 
I have done complete re-installs and empty community folder etc.
I can reproduce the issue 100%
Thanks for any assistance.

Welcome to the forums.  AI Controller when started is very cpu intensive, but the load calms down after opening.   Does this happen after AITC is fully loaded?

Regards, Kendall

14 minutes ago, irocx said:

Welcome to the forums.  AI Controller when started is very cpu intensive, but the load calms down after opening.   Does this happen after AITC is fully loaded?

It occurs almost as soon as the AIGTC .exe is clicked. It's almost instantaneous. 

It's worth noting that I can see the exact same behaviour when I try using PSXT traffic controller. I only tried PSXT to try and isolate software or hardware issues. Tobii obviously works fine with DCS and fine with MSFS until I execute AIGTC. I can run AIGTC first, then load the sim, and no problems. The issue is that AIGTC sometimes drops out mid flight. Hence the need to be able to restart it.

I'm running an AMD Ryzen 5 5600x, RTX 3080 and 32GB RAM.

7 minutes ago, timd24 said:

I can run AIGTC first, then load the sim, and no problems. The issue is that AIGTC sometimes drops out mid flight. Hence the need to be able to restart it.

Ahh, ok, so it only happens when loading AITC not after. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a workaround here as I don't believe you can run AITC for MSFS2020 from another networked computer to lighten cpu load on the sim computer - I could be mistaken and haven't tried it yet. 

If AITC is dropping on you mid-flight, I've found setting it to run in Windows 7 compatibility mode has worked wonders for me - rarely get a crash anymore.  Hope it helps.

Edited by irocx

Regards, Kendall

Any reason why all my AIG Traffic is flying at 399ft?

(tried a search but the forum throws a fit searching for "too low"!)

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

44 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Any reason why all my AIG Traffic is flying at 399ft?

(tried a search but the forum throws a fit searching for "too low"!)

Bugs/Issues in the MSFS AI system....

• Like 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png