Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

10 hours ago, AnkH said:

Again, maybe it helps some: the way my TC almost always works is the following: start up MSFS completely until you sit at the gate. Only then fire up AIGTC, do not use the autoinjection. Prepare your aircraft or take a coffee until TC is up and running, then click on "inject". With every other approach, I get either CTDs of MSFS or TC just closes down itself. 

Yes, I've used pretty much the same method for several months now and it really does help - but for me, TC will still crash sometimes (I've never actually had the sim crash).

So here's a question for you, I've downloaded all the flight plans (yep all of them!).  I have turned off the traffic settings in the sim to prevent default asobo aircraft from spawning.  Because I have an older system I don't use TC instead I simply have real time traffic on in the sim.   This gives me lower traffic volumes but real liveries matches to the Asobo live traffic.  My issue is sometimes I still see default liveries/aircraft with those horrible pointy noses 🙂  Anyone know why that is?

Thomas Derbyshire

I still get the pointed noses every now and then. Also got all the flight plans / liveries downloaded.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I still get the pointed noses every now and then. Also got all the flight plans / liveries downloaded.

Any clue why?  My only guess is there isn't a "match" from my downloaded AIG traffic and the sim can't connect the dots - so it displays a default aircraft with default livery (I must add).

Thomas Derbyshire

10 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Any clue why?  My only guess is there isn't a "match" from my downloaded AIG traffic and the sim can't connect the dots - so it displays a default aircraft with default livery (I must add).

This is my guess as well. It doesn't happen too often - but when it does, it's a bit of an immersion breaker. Bit strange though, since I've set MSFS "use generic models" to off. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

This is my guess as well. It doesn't happen too often - but when it does, it's a bit of an immersion breaker. Bit strange though, since I've set MSFS "use generic models" to off. 

Yes good point, I have generic models off as well.......wonder if anyone else can chip in with a solution because like you say it is an immersion killer.

Thomas Derbyshire

Just now, Bushido5 said:

Isn’t that just other player ? 

What do you mean?  I'm not running in multiplayer....

Thomas Derbyshire

Me neither. 

Yes I was thinking multiplayer. Basically when it’s an AI the model is an AIG model, nice an pretty but if it is another human player then MSFS use an AI aircraft to match whatever aircraft the other player is flying. But if you have multiplayer set to group only then I don’t know.

I was wondering, concerning shipping mods, it's been stated that if you set the traffic of ships to high, you have a bigger chance of seeing default shipping models. Wondering if the two problems are related.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

AIG Traffic Controller – Version 0.6 Development
http://www.alpha-india.net/2022/05/21/aig-traffic-controller-version-0-6-development/

2 hours ago, sidfadc said:

This gives me lower traffic volumes but real liveries matches to the Asobo live traffic.  My issue is sometimes I still see default liveries/aircraft with those horrible pointy noses 🙂  Anyone know why that is?

The way MSFS chooses the correct aircraft model for live traffic (and multiplayer) is from looking at the 'icao_type_designator' line in the aircraft.cfg file and matching it to the flightaware data for the flight.

AIG doesn't have every aircraft model that is used in the world, if there is no matching model in the files then MSFS will load those generic models instead. There's no real way around that.

Generic aircraft have an entry in their aircraft.cfg file 'icao_generic = 1' which is how the sim chooses what generic model to use. If you were to change all of those to zero the sim would crash as it needs at least one generic aircraft defined to use in the situations I mentioned above. It also tries to choose a generic model that matches the defined ICAO weight class, engine type and engine number of the aircraft..

You could add that generic line to aircraft models you wouldn't mind seeing instead of the generics. But then you'd have to deal with wrong liveries if there is no matching one for the aircraft you chose.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Wow, I think my Traffic Controller has finally settled in terms of CTD issues. I decided to give it another go after running Asobo live traffic for several weeks. Upon starting TC it requested an update. After that it's been smooth sailing - running it for hours during several flights. Great to land in Johannesburg and see a busy apron. I spotted a departing Qatar Airways A350 and a parked BAW 747, amongst many others. Some of the airliners parked there I haven't even heard of before (I've got all the flight plans / liveries downloaded and up to date as of yesterday). 

Just one thing that I like about AIG TC is that the flight plans are not live - meaning I can set up an early morning flight from, say Paris Charles de Gaulle, and experience the morning rush, at evening time local time (I'm in the same time zone). 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

Hi all, been scouring for answer for for a while this but can't seem to find anything (sorry if it's been asked): not all, but some (most notably the A320) models appear invisible in the sim, besides navigation lights. I can see that traffic exists on the AIG Traffic Controller, and even on TCAS, but when I look outside, I don't see anything besides nav lights. Any ideas?  

Ryzen 9 3950X / RTX 2080 Ti / 32GB DDR4 (3200MHz @ 14-14-14-34)