Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

AIG AI Manager OCI for MSFS – Development Announcement

3 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

Hey Guys,

the AIG-Team has worked hard on updated model-updates for the MSFS conversions over the last months and today we are able to share the updated models with you guys 🙂 The new database has been pushed to our servers and you should get the update notification within AIM the next time you start it. Besides the models the guys have worked on new effects that have been added to all of the converted models.

(Important: The lights have not yet been reworked since we are waiting on the new SDK by ASOBO before taking a closer look at them).

Kai,

Any chance for readme regarding what's been updated? I just ran the installer and there is no pop-up messages regarding new models.

4 hours ago, Kaiii3 said:

Hey Guys,

the AIG-Team has worked hard on updated model-updates for the MSFS conversions over the last months and today we are able to share the updated models with you guys 🙂 The new database has been pushed to our servers and you should get the update notification within AIM the next time you start it. Besides the models the guys have worked on new effects that have been added to all of the converted models.

(Important: The lights have not yet been reworked since we are waiting on the new SDK by ASOBO before taking a closer look at them).

Thanks a lot, running verify setup all have been updated 

Edited by motishow

Found it. You will need to run verification again. Probably some UTT788-10 repaints won't work

I ran AIG manager this morning and let it update and then load up. Once it loaded up I went to flightplans and it shows none as installed (I have basically all installed). Go to online under flightplans and it shows all with none installed.

Next, skipped down to OCI tab and it says OCI-Status: Not Installed.

Next, I went to Settings tab/AIGAIM-OCI and noticed the path was pointed to the MSFS community folder (that's not where I had it installed for uses with AddonLinker). Clicked setup and changed that path to point back to my install location.

Had to restart AIG Manager and then OCI Status changed to installed, but the flightplans tab still shows none installed.

So back to the Settings tab/AIGAIM-OCI and notice the path includes aig-aitraffic-oci-beta twice (guess when I point to my install location I have to leave that part off). Clicked remove.

Had to restart AIGAIM once again. Back to Settings tab/AIGAIM-OCI and clicked setup to set path once again to my install, leaving off the aig-aitraffic-oci-beta portion because AIG adds it itself.

Have to restart AIG Manager once again. Nearly 10 minutes later and it's loaded and running. Flightplans still show none and now OCI shows not installed and under Settings/AIGAIM-OCI the GD installer has once again set the path back to the msfs community folder.  I go look in my previous installed folders and somewhere during all this AIG has removed all the flightplans and simobjects. At this point, I give up and go back to FSLTL. There's no freaking way I'm going through a fresh AIG install again and redownloading all the aircraft and flightplans. That's over a days worth of trouble and there's no reason in the world in this day and age AIG should be so.

My gripe is that when aig manager updated, it didn't keep all my old settings and paths. Also note that each launch of AIG Manager takes at least 5 minutes, usually closer to 10 minutes. This doesn't include updating any of the flightplans which take forever themselves or even getting around to AIG-TC. You can see how frustrating AIG is and why most people jump ship to FSLTL which is simple and much quicker to accomplish realistic AI Traffic. This also has me a little scared that AIG is doing the upcoming live version of GAIST.

I am grateful for AIG and all that they do, I just no longer think the frustration, time wasted and complexity is worth it.

Edited by Phantoms
  • Like 2

James

2 minutes ago, Phantoms said:

This also has me a little scared that AIG is doing the upcoming live version of GAIST.

I am grateful for AIG and all that they do, I just no longer think the frustration, time wasted and complexity is worth it.

Exactly what I'm afraid of, the GAIST update needs to be as simplistic as possible and not tied to the AIG manager stuff in any way shape or form as those programs are a bit convoluted for my needs personally 

Just today I tried to update, the program crashed 3 times on loading, when it did load it crashed during verify and I just gave up. Also very grateful to Kai and so I should be for free stuff, it works just fine for others so that's great for them but it was just being a pain for me today so I've uninstalled for now.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

36 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Exactly what I'm afraid of, the GAIST update needs to be as simplistic as possible

fully standalone, and since Henrik has the full distribution rights on the Models we can provide a single download 😉

• Like 3

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

Ran the update and it seemed to work fine for me…. except for a bunch of warnings about some B787 liveries/ models. I just clicked thru those and seems to be ok……

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

It went fine for me as well, it even told me to run verify update.

But I have to agree that working with AIG-Manager GUI is still a bit "Goofy" indeed.

However, no other AI traffic tool has the wide GA library like AIG does, so I will stick with it as long is needed.

the reason for the FPS drop has been identified and a fix is on the way 🙂

(Fix will require an AIM update, so if you get any update notice for AIM you will know that the FPS fix has been uploaded^^)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

On 3/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, Kaiii3 said:

the reason for the FPS drop has been identified and a fix is on the way 🙂

(Fix will require an AIM update, so if you get any update notice for AIM you will know that the FPS fix has been uploaded^^)

Only an AIM Update or also running the Verify Setup again?

Because I still get considerable performance degredation after the update and I haven't reverified the setup.

Edited by Farlis

You need to run "verify setup" again, as mentioned here several times and also mentioned on the pop-up windows of AIG itself...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

36 minutes ago, AnkH said:

You need to run "verify setup" again, as mentioned here several times and also mentioned on the pop-up windows of AIG itself...

I'm talking about the FPS Fix which Kai said requires an AIM update, which will notify you anyway as soon as you fire up AIM. 

On 3/26/2023 at 9:23 AM, Kaiii3 said:

Fix will require an AIM update,

There was no further pop-up window within AIM after the update to notify me of running the verify again. That came after the main updated, NOT after the hotfix.

That's why I'm asking.

1 minute ago, Farlis said:

I'm talking about the FPS Fix which Kai said requires an AIM update, which will notify you anyway as soon as you fire up AIM. 

There was no further pop-up window within AIM after the update to notify me of running the verify again. That came after the main updated, NOT after the hotfix.

That's why I'm asking.

Yes, you do need to run verify setup after the hotfix. It did prompt for me with the hotfix, so not sure why it didn't for you, but you do need to verify setup again. Performance should be normal after that.

• Upvote 1

I have three AIG folders in my Community,

Does anyone know why there are three?  Two of the folders have models/liveries.

If I use AddonLinker, do I remove all three from my Community and create a link?