captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

Now that is most interesting, as I didn't do that. When the upgrade was due, I just upgraded and didn't bother to do a complete re-install. I think we'll leave it up to Henrik to decide, what he wants to do. 

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

I reinstalled because of an unrelated issue, I didn't do it specifically for SU5. It was just a coincidence.

The big thing could be the flightsim folder in the appdata folder. It does store cache or info of all your addons.

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Well the none of the ones it added are messed up for me. It doesn't have the larger ones in your pictures. Now I did recently do a complete reinstall of the sim (deleting all files/folders) and regenerated the models with Su5. So maybe one of those things fixed/prevented it from happening.

H7JkNFE.jpg

Our beta tester also got it to stop updating the installation... but I don't think we will give a guarantee it won't happen again tomorrow... But with computers there needs to be some logic behind, and we will search for it.

@bernd1151 I was just looking at the classic package - the procedure you took is the same I do, however, you will see some issues - we didn't change the bmp files associated with Erwin's and Jean Pierre's ships before launch as that was not necessary for P3D. So if you didn't change these files you could get trouble. Also the file structure in MSFS is slightly different, so some models might not show up... You won't notice that unless you read the traffic.bgl, so it is less of an issue. The bmp issue is worse. We have subsequently converted all ships using bmp files and do have them available, so in case of need let me know. But it won't be until next weekend and you will have to put the stuff together yourself, but that would just be the same you already did.

Last post of the day... The Rockaway ferry for New York is getting there...

21080204131516112917514378.jpg

Edited by KL791
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, KL791 said:

we didn't change the bmp files associated with Erwin's and Jean Pierre's ships before launch as that was not necessary for P3D. So if you didn't change these files you could get trouble.

Hi Henrik,

I realized this, when I installed your very nice classic package into MSFS, so I converted them myself already from BMP to DDS. But many thanks for your kind offer of letting me have your conversions.

Btw, here is another reason, why I like this package so much 🙂

a9a.jpg

In the distance you see one of these container carrying monsters and here you are suddenly confronted with freight shipping the way it was done in the 1930s. It adds so much charm to our sim hobby

a10.jpg

Bernd

Edited by bernd1151
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

47 minutes ago, bernd1151 said:

Hi Henrik,

I realized this, when I installed your very nice classic package into MSFS, so I converted them myself already from BMP to DDS. But many thanks for your kind offer of letting me have your conversions.

Btw, here is another reason, why I like this package so much 🙂

a9a.jpg

In the distance you see one of these container carrying monsters and here you are suddenly confronted with freight shipping the way it was done in the 1930s. It adds so much charm to our sim hobby

a10.jpg

Bernd

that looks freaking awesome

• Like 1

Carsten U

52 minutes ago, CarlosHenriqueDutra said:

WIll this be published for MSFS somewhere??? This is exactly the kind of stuff i like to see. We just need an old Swordfish and then low and slow. 

This is right now only available for P3D and you can download it from here:

https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=Global+Classic+AI+Ship+Traffic+V1&CatID=root&Go=Search

Then you can port it over to MSFS the way I have described on page 23 of this thread

• Like 2

I have a slightly annoying issue with GAIST post SU5, even after the hotfix, it is repeatable and happens even with GAIST as the only community mod.

The ships work just as fine as before, but the sim crashes on exit to desktop.

My quick-and-dirty "test scenario" is flying the Icon A5 east from EKNB Nordborg, spotting a ship (or two), and land again at EKNB.

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

1 hour ago, Penz said:

I have a slightly annoying issue with GAIST post SU5, even after the hotfix, it is repeatable and happens even with GAIST as the only community mod.

The ships work just as fine as before, but the sim crashes on exit to desktop.

My quick-and-dirty "test scenario" is flying the Icon A5 east from EKNB Nordborg, spotting a ship (or two), and land again at EKNB.

Hi Penz

There are multiple issues... but varies a lot between installations and how SU5 was updated - some are just fine others with a real mess - will try to deal with them towards the end of the week. Heading back home to Denmark at the moment. Hope you have some summer there, because here in Sao Paulo we had the coldest weather in 27 years, but it was good for modelling new ships 😄

Henrik

Edited by KL791
  • Like 3

Summer here is quite Danish at the moment, with sun and rain. 😄

No stress whatsoever Henrik, I just thought it could be a valid test point.

For the record, I made a fresh MSFS installation after SU5 hotfix (MS Store version) hoping that this would alleviate the issue, but the result is exactly the  same as with my "old" installation.

Cheers, JP

• Like 1

- Jens Peter "Penz" Pedersen

hey Also since there is now Water wake .fx as crude as it is, can that be added to the ships package, or do they have to be added on eash individual ship that not a static one. 

Capt. Robert Rixx

After a trip over the Atlantic looking down to see if there were any ships in the real world I am now back with MSFS updated to SU5 and I spent the evening and the morning testing.

Just to make clear the basic assumption for the below - I uninstalled all add-ons before updating to SU5 and then reinstalled Global AI Ship Traffic and my own native AI Ship Test package. I run a high end gaming computer with high or ultra graphic settings

Below first the observations regards to the Global AI Ship Traffic with non native ships carried over from P3D/FSX

Let’s start with the positive…

• Loading time did not seem to change after installing Global AI Ship Traffic, neither compared to without Global AI Ship Traffic, nor compared to situation before SU5
  • No CTD occurred in or after any test flights - OBSERVE - no other add-ons installed at this point, but at least Global AI Ship Traffic alone did in none of the places tested cause CTD
  • Most ships appear completely normal, radars working, night textures showing
  • Frame rates and stutters not displaying any issues in most flights - also first flight - except in one test area where a sudden drop almost to freeze was experienced during 5-6 seconds after which all returned to normal

21080510401516112917518421.jpg

21080510401416112917518418.jpg

Now the less positive but still survivable…

• In one area with high density of ships - Rio de Janeiro - considerably less ships were displayed compared to previously and compared to what was displayed in LittleNavMap. This issue also existed before SU5, but it seems aggravated, though I need to have more time in order to confirm. For most users this wouldn’t mean anything for normal flight, but if you go hunting for specific ships it is annoying.
  • The stutters mentioned above occurred exactly in the area - Rio de Janeiro - where some ships did not display. One could think that the concentration of models to display was simply too high…Now, if some on a lower spec computer experience the same it could go worse than just stutters - if someone would help taking a flight from Rio de Janeiro Santos Dumont towards the South along Copacabana and Ipanema and report it would be a help. Time of the day doesn’t matter - there should always be a lot of ships. Preferably compare what you see with LittleNavMap.

Now the most annoying on my system…

• Somewhere between 5 and 20% of the ships depending on the flight shows up with wrong textures - I think the observation from a user regards to the model file itself being corrupt is most likely an optical illusion due to the textures - I had problems recognizing one of my own ships but on further inspection it was all good except the textures coming from other ships. However I will not exclude that is can happen, but with the 100 so models observed so far I did not find any issues.

21080510401416112917518419.jpg

On this screenshot two of three ships are perfect - the one in the background though has wrong texture.

21080510403616112917518422.jpg

Texture mess clearly visible

• From what I see the texture swapping occurs between models in the package, as I had nothing else installed, but observations from beta testers point to textures being messed up between all installed AI simobjects including airplanes. It seems like a basic issue in the way the sim engine assigns textures. I have not yet seen it happen with my Native models. Anyone can confirm if Easy Airlines is based on old FSX/P3D models or native models as there is confirmed to be texture swaps with that add-on?

A few comments on the folders created

• A new CVT folder is created in Community, it does not contain models as before, just textures, where in the past there was also model files
  • Another folder is created $PC$/ache/packages/community/ however it appears just to contain empty folders
  • Finally, so far my Native test package displayed exactly as expected  However, I need to include more ships to be sure, that the above texture swapping is limited to the models being converted.

I will think about the plan ahead, but think I will stick to the plan presented a few days back but eventually down prioritizing in the first place some elements like lighting and instead get as many models updated as fast as possible to native format.

Ps… apart from in the North Sea I didn’t see any ships from 37.000 flying across from Brazil to Denmark in the real world, which also why I never bothered to put routes between continents… It just takes space on your disk, performance, and doesn’t really add much for realism for most users…

Edited by KL791
  • Like 2