captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

6 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Will we, sometimes in the future, be able to admire one of our old historic paddle steamers on the Leman, Luzern, Constanz, Neufchâtel lakes?

If I had any designing skills, I would gladly contribute, they could be ready for the next sim in 2030... In any case, wholehearted thanks to the team for their fantastic work!

Hi Bernard

I am not sure whether Henrik wanted to announce, but as he might not be online for a day or two, let me chime in here.

I am the developer of a 3D model of the paddle steamer Unterwalden, which I am designing to print it with my 3D printer. I have approached Henrik some weeks back and offered the model to be integrated into his global ai ship package and he is embracing the idea. So I can confirm, that this nearly 120 year old, still in daily use, Swiss paddle steamer will come to the sim.

As the 3D model is made with Fusion 360, you can inspect the cloud-stored 3D model in browser here:
https://a360.co/3iPsWsU

I have already inserted a prototype as a static object, and this looks as follows:

y4m-JmUFxxDe6mBPSWamQ-TWlzOAIOs5ioiTxulTy4meBKKwtf09BJNMtiAeL9uF3jd3-IMvmBOElcRT

Edited by mrueedi
  • Like 21

3 hours ago, Bernard Ducret said:

Henrik thank you so much! Where will it stop? I know where...

Today will see the release of WU6 with Switzerland, Germany and Austria. Switzerland has a number of large and scenic beautiful lakes. Will we, sometimes in the future, be able to admire one of our old historic paddle steamers on the Leman, Luzern, Constanz, Neufchâtel lakes?

If I had any designing skills, I would gladly contribute, they could be ready for the next sim in 2030... In any case, wholehearted thanks to the team for their fantastic work!

We will update according to the WU6 and the new Hamburg Harbor scenery by Manfred Siedler, which should be released shortly after WU6 - and yes, as Mruedi said we will have a very nice addition to Switzerland in the next update. Welcome onboard on the team.

Edited by KL791
  • Like 5

Woah that Steam liner looks amazing, many thanks 👍

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Thank you very much for the great work and dedicated time, Henrik and your team !

Looking forward to further effects implementation.

• Like 1

Another quote from Henrik,  posted 2 hours ago.

We expect to make a small update 2.05 tomorrow evening with around a 150-200 additional ships including a lot of ferries, Chinese Navy ships, French Navy Ships, drill rigs etc…

We still have a lot of models to convert, but we better get what is already converted out there rather than just occupying space on the disc… 

source:https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/global-ai-ship-traffic-v2-for-msfs/368369/1262

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 5:37 AM, MarcG said:

Woah that Steam liner looks amazing, many thanks 👍

Has it already been placed as a static object, or is it still to come? I want to see that one...

• Like 1

A small heads up... a small batch around 150 models will be added to the project Saturday evening. Mostly ferries, offshore boats, navy units.... We still expect to have carried over almost all models to native format within a week or so. After that we will start to add effects, but also introduce an ultra version where you can increase traffic levels beyond the standard used so far. 

• Like 14

Awesome, this mod is like the 2nd most downloaded on flightsim.to! Congratulations!

• Like 3

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

On 9/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, mrueedi said:

So I can confirm, that this nearly 120 year old, still in daily use, Swiss paddle steamer will come to the sim.

So cool. I live near to Lake Geneva (Sion), and used to live in Montreux, Lausanne and Nyon for a number of years. Super exciting to see the old steamboats that are still used by the CGN ferry company. Can't wait to see these on the lake especially with how great the detail of WU 6 is for Switzerland.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2021 at 12:21 PM, mrueedi said:

I am the developer of a 3D model of the paddle steamer Unterwalden, which I am designing to print it with my 3D printer. I have approached Henrik some weeks back and offered the model to be integrated into his global ai ship package and he is embracing the idea. So I can confirm, that this nearly 120 year old, still in daily use, Swiss paddle steamer will come to the sim.

Great job!!! I cannot thank you enough for this piece of art that will grace our virtual Swiss lakes soon (I have never seen a ship engine room that clean - and i know what I am talking about)! I never thought this would ever happen, and here we go, this is MSFS...! 

Edited by Bernard Ducret
  • Like 2

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

11 hours ago, dobee51 said:

Has it already been placed as a static object, or is it still to come? I want to see that one...

Still to come as AI - probably next week - I don't think we will have it ready for the mini update V2.05 today

Ran v1 for ages and loved it. Been running v2 since last week and love them both.  Can't wait to see all the upgrades coming our way soon.

I wonder if we will ever see trains in msfs.  In the RW, I used to notice them quite a bit, especially when flying very low and slow.

Nearly every time I fly now, I seem to take a bit of time out to drop down low and see what ships are about (though I've not seen any in the Bristol Channel lately).

Thanks again on behalf of all of us simmers for the excellent work and time being spent on this superb mod.

• Like 2

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

21 minutes ago, cianpars said:

Ran v1 for ages and loved it. Been running v2 since last week and love them both.  Can't wait to see all the upgrades coming our way soon.

I wonder if we will ever see trains in msfs.  In the RW, I used to notice them quite a bit, especially when flying very low and slow.

Nearly every time I fly now, I seem to take a bit of time out to drop down low and see what ships are about (though I've not seen any in the Bristol Channel lately).

Thanks again on behalf of all of us simmers for the excellent work and time being spent on this superb mod.

Trains are a different and more complicated story; they need tracks.... I think this is a task for Asobo to come up with something first; I agree it would create more life.

For the Bristol Channel it should come with increasing number of ships; there is also a weekly departure of the Volvo Ocean Race. 

• Like 4

Version V2.05 is now available on fligtsim.to. The number of models has increased to 825 with mostly ferries, off shore vessels and some naval vessels being added. You should not expect a general increase in traffic level compared to V2 as the new ships are mostly deployed on regional routes.

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, KL791 said:

Version V2.05 is now available on fligtsim.to. The number of models has increased to 825 with mostly ferries, off shore vessels and some naval vessels being added. You should not expect a general increase in traffic level compared to V2 as the new ships are mostly deployed on regional routes.

Aye aye - thanks Cap'n!!!!!  :biggrin:👍

• Like 2

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!