captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

29 minutes ago, deepstar said:

What setting do you use. Ships and Ferries 6% and Leisure Boats 100% ? Because I dont see much traffic in the Gulf of Suez with these settings.

I'll have to check leisure boats, but ships and ferries were 6%. I started flight from carrier situated just south of suez and followed the canal all the way up to Port Said; there were practically continuous lines of traffic.

6 hours ago, dobee51 said:

I'll have to check leisure boats, but ships and ferries were 6%. I started flight from carrier situated just south of suez and followed the canal all the way up to Port Said; there were practically continuous lines of traffic.

I wonder what (add-on) you were seeing there, I just flew down the entire canal, there were 3 container ships and a patrol boat lying in the roads off Port Said, zero ships in the canal, zero at Suez Port? A carrier? 🙂

Edited by Captain Nuts

I posted a link to the Project Coastline Suez Canal add-on I am using.

The carrier was one of Superspud's aircraft carriers. There's two collections of them, they don't move but there's different nationalities, and they all have a hard deck for take-off.

I just spawned into Port Said to check, and saw about 50 ships in and around the port, and I counted another 25 or 30 moving south in the canal.

No other add-ons for that area. I had freeware Suez landmarks, but I removed it when I installed the Project Coastline mod. My settings ships and ferries and leisure boats are both at 6%.

Edited by dobee51

9 hours ago, deepstar said:

What setting do you use. Ships and Ferries 6% and Leisure Boats 100% ? Because I dont see much traffic in the Gulf of Suez with these settings.

There has not been added any more traffic in that area. The traffic through the Suez Channel goes first in one direction and then in the opposite like in real life; so when it is changing direction nothing will be in the Channel so what you will see depends a lot on the time you fly - further traffic tends to pop in the Channel. When we launch the GAIST Ultra sometime late october the whole traffic in Suez will be reworked, but that was not a priority now. We just needed to get all the models over in native format so the project would work again. Then traffic can be adjusted and increased.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dobee51 said:

I posted a link to the Project Coastline Suez Canal add-on I am using.

The carrier was one of Superspud's aircraft carriers. There's two collections of them, they don't move but there's different nationalities, and they all have a hard deck for take-off.

I just spawned into Port Said to check, and saw about 50 ships in and around the port, and I counted another 25 or 30 moving south in the canal.

No other add-ons for that area. I had freeware Suez landmarks, but I removed it when I installed the Project Coastline mod. My settings ships and ferries and leisure boats are both at 6%.

You don't have the old Ever Given scenery installed...? It seems like you have too many compared to what we have placed as AI.

1 hour ago, Captain Nuts said:

When you fly down the canal, is there a big green container vessel in the middle? :laugh:

That one should now be sailing around in several places and hopefully not get stuck again 😄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KL791 said:

We will upload Great Lakes V1 sometime late tomorrow.

So what is the status now for lakes (and rivers)? Has the SDK issue been resolved by Asobo preventing inland ships (or) do you need to do each and every one of those sceneries seperatly? 

Thx

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

3 hours ago, Captain Nuts said:

I wonder what (add-on) you were seeing there, I just flew down the entire canal, there were 3 container ships and a patrol boat lying in the roads off Port Said, zero ships in the canal, zero at Suez Port? A carrier? 🙂

Carrier for MSFS:

https://flightsim.to/file/4930/aircraft-carrier-uss-msfs-uk-mooring

https://flightsim.to/file/18058/aircraft-carrier-group-volume-2

I also bought this for arrestor and catapult:

https://secure.simmarket.com/hard-deck-simulations-functional-aircraft-carrier-msfs.phtml

There is also a freeware arrestor and catapult:

https://msfs.touching.cloud/mods/cloud-assistant/

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chatman said:

So what is the status now for lakes (and rivers)? Has the SDK issue been resolved by Asobo preventing inland ships (or) do you need to do each and every one of those sceneries seperatly? 

Thx

Asobo has not corrected anything regards to the lakes and rivers and I doubt it is high on the list so I dare to launch a work around; once Asobo corrects the bug the work around can be uninstalled. So far it will cover Lake Erie, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, and Lake Huron. It isn't a huge thing but still it requires a full Sunday to adopt routes and models... Technically the same work around can apply to rivers, but there we are not talking a Sunday, so that I will wait with even if it is annoying - we have a full set of river barges and tugs from the Mississippi idle...

• Like 6

13 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

any chance of a Great Lakes preview? 

21092602201616112917587873.jpg

21092602200316112917587869.jpg

21092602201516112917587872.jpg

21092602201516112917587871.jpg

21092602201516112917587870.jpg

Unfortunately the water surface in the Great Lakes is not flat, so in certain regions of the lakes ships are either too high or too low in the water... I'm testing at the moment, but I might have to postpone as the best solution is to let the routes go around the water hills, but they are not that easy to find... But while a height distance of 1 or 2 meters doesn't mater on a big ship, it does matter on a small one...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KL791 said:

Asobo has not corrected anything regards to the lakes and rivers and I doubt it is high on the list so I dare to launch a work around; once Asobo corrects the bug the work around can be uninstalled. So far it will cover Lake Erie, Lake Superior, Lake Michigan, and Lake Huron. It isn't a huge thing but still it requires a full Sunday to adopt routes and models... Technically the same work around can apply to rivers, but there we are not talking a Sunday, so that I will wait with even if it is annoying - we have a full set of river barges and tugs from the Mississippi idle...

Thanks for explaining!

As for rivers I asked myself - would there be major issues with the 'solid' bridges that the AI can't render correctly (so would any ships then be caught by these)?

CPU: Ryzen 5600 no OC, MB: MSI Tomahawk B450, RAM: 32GB DDR 3600, GPU: RX6900XT, 2TB SDD, Res: WQHD

3 minutes ago, chatman said:

Thanks for explaining!

As for rivers I asked myself - would there be major issues with the 'solid' bridges that the AI can't render correctly (so would any ships then be caught by these)?

The routes on rivers have for that reason in previous versions been done with short segments "between" bridges, but now the worst problem is the height variation - and just as I am sitting looking at the lake surface at the moment it is an even worse job with the rivers... the Mississippi is mighty long... and so is the Amazonas, where we also had a decent traffic in earlier sims.

Thank you for your work on this Henrik...can’t wait to see ships off my home airport KSBM Sheboygan but in the meantime just saw 4 of your lovely vessels en route Skagit to Orcas Island.

1 hour ago, KL791 said:

The routes on rivers have for that reason in previous versions been done with short segments "between" bridges, but now the worst problem is the height variation - and just as I am sitting looking at the lake surface at the moment it is an even worse job with the rivers... the Mississippi is mighty long... and so is the Amazonas, where we also had a decent traffic in earlier sims.

Ive noticed these weird lines in the Detroit river and Im wondering if that an elevation problem which i would think means ships cant sail through it? 

Also, any reason why Lake Ontario wasnt listed in the Great Lakes package ? 

Thanks for all the hard work.  

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom