captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

I took a visit over to Singapore having just purchased the scenery enhancement for there (really nice and a good value being on sale), and I saw dozens of ships.  But none were moving and no wakes?  Felt like the port was on strike, ha!  Thought I read that was an issue with MSFS having no wakes?

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

57 minutes ago, Clutch Cargo said:

I took a visit over to Singapore having just purchased the scenery enhancement for there (really nice and a good value being on sale), and I saw dozens of ships.  But none were moving and no wakes?  Felt like the port was on strike, ha!  Thought I read that was an issue with MSFS having no wakes?

Wakes (well, water effects) are supposed to be coming in sim update 5 on the 27th of July.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

45 minutes ago, MarkW said:

What is the impact on frame rates in MSFS?  I have this in P3D but not yet in MSFS. 

None that I can detect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kodiakman9 said:

Where does it say to keep the ship percentage to 6% or nothing will show expect default boats

From the About this file on flightsim.to: Ensure you traffic settings for Ships and Ferries is 5% or more. All ships will appear at 5% so no need to increase to 100% unless you want to see repetition of the default ships.

https://flightsim.to/file/9529/global-ai-ship-traffic-msfs-v1

Edited by Shug
Clarification

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

The road ahead after the latest Simupdate...

First up will be a small extension with native models some time in August... It will be a new download which can be used together or without the Global AI Ship Traffic main package, However apart from adding new ships it will also come with effects attached 😃

In order to move the more than 1300 models of Global AI Ship Traffic to native format it is as previously mentioned a time consuming process, and I can't mix native and non native models in one package, so I either I wait until all are upgraded and relaunch or I create a new native package and start expanding that one...

I have chosen the later, so what will happen is that little by little the extension which will be launched in August will be upgraded receiving sister ships of those included in the main package but converted to native format and with effects added. Once all models are converted the Global AI Ship Traffic will be relaunched in native format - and there will be somewhere well above 2000 different ships in the package...

To start up what will be launched in August will be:

* 5 models of Staten Islands ferries Alice Austen, John A. Noble, SSG Michael H.Ollis, Dorothy Day, and Sandy Ground

* A number of other small passenger ferries and tugs for New York

* 3 new Stena Line ferries for the Irish Sea between UK and Ireland

* 2 new Brittany Ferries models serving routes between France, Spain and the UK

* The newest DFDS ferry Cote d'Opale serving Dover-Calais

* 5-6 new LNG carriers

* A couple of new yachts

* A large number of container ships, bulk carriers and other ships carried over from Global AI Ship Traffic - these will be sister ships put on new routes.

* Finally I am discussing a number of new models with some of the long term partners of Global AI Ship Traffic 😄

Henrik

21051404534216112917416142.jpg

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Awesome!  Thanks for the update.

• Like 2

Edmundo Azevedo

Thanks so much for the continued work on this!

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

A number of add-ons have been launched in recent months using ships from the Global AI Ship Traffic - all of the below with proper authorization and collaboration to avoid that static and AI ships collide.

The most recent are the rigs in the petrol fields in the Santos basin southeast of Rio de Janeiro by Rodrigo Moraes

https://www.flightsim.to/file/18387/plataformas-da-petrobras-bacia-de-santos

21072904032216112917510271.jpg

Another nice one is Kielfjords ship addition to the Kieler Canal, Kiel harbor and the Kieler Förde

https://flightsim.to/file/17211/scenery-kiel-kieler-foerde-ships

21072904104816112917510288.jpg

And FlyBoyRez's Singapore Coastline

https://flightsim.to/file/14571/singapore-coastline-update

21072904171416112917510306.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks for the updates! I am looking forward to this addon very much! 🙂 This is an add-on I cannot live without. I appreciate your hard work that you're putting into this. 

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

24 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I assume it's compatible with SU5?

It's working fine for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's working fine for me.

Same here.   Maybe a bit of lag the first time it runs,  when the sim builds the "GAIST_MSFS_V1_CVT_" folder and it's contents.

As far as I can tell,  CVT folders are created by the sim when it runs legacy native mods (mods built prior to fs2020).

• Like 1