captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

On 9/12/2021 at 6:43 PM, Nicholas Jackson said:

Thanks Car147

Sorry totally forgot to reply, i had no probelm and ships were visible where i would expect them.There were not a lot of them, but that is likely realistic.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

With Nielson's mod 

spacer.png

without Nielson's mod 

spacer.png

Same time and same place (mediterranean coast) , like you can see with Nielson's mod i don't have any boat and withot the mod i have a lot of boats 

Edited by motishow

34 minutes ago, motishow said:

With Nielson's mod 

spacer.png

without Nielson's mod 

spacer.png

Same time and same place (mediterranean coast) , like you can see with Nielson's mod i don't have any boat and withot the mod i have a lot of boats 

I am observing similar behavior.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

I just started up in Long Beach and I see tons of ships on Little Nav Map.

Did you change the time of day or weather parameters? I thought I read once that causes ship routes to reset.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, motishow said:

With Nielson's mod 

spacer.png

without Nielson's mod 

spacer.png

We only have two routes into Valencia - one is a ferry route and one with a few container ships, so it is absolutely normal you don't see anything in Valencia unless you fly at the time they happen to pass; as mentioned a few days back we will after terminating the conversion of the remaining models introduce an Ultra Version with additional routes and the possibility of increasing traffic levels on the routes; I will make sure to include Valencia because there is a gap there.

To check if the installation works, take a flight over the English Channel. You can also look in the pdf in content info folder where there are some route maps, which gives you an indication of where you can find and where you won't find any traffic. 

Regards to your second comment - one traffic addon doesn't suppress another so there should be some other explanation - could you click on the boat icons to say which boats it is. if you zoom in and out on Little Nav Map Leisure boats will appear and disappear. What are you settings for Ships & Ferries and Leisure Boats. If I put Leisure boats at 100% and zoom in I have around 10-15 boats in the area, but that is coming from the default leisure boats spawning.

Edited by KL791
  • Like 2

And for those of you waiting for traffic on the Great Lakes; we are working on it, but time has been limited this week and some of the models specific to the Great Lakes need quite a rework to be converted to native MSFS format.

21091610554416112917570832.jpg 

• Like 8

3 hours ago, KL791 said:

And for those of you waiting for traffic on the Great Lakes; we are working on it, but time has been limited this week and some of the models specific to the Great Lakes need quite a rework to be converted to native MSFS format.

21091610554416112917570832.jpg

Last ship to communicate with the Edmund Fitzgerald.

• Like 2

Great news on the Great Lakes front!

I remember seeing the Arthur Anderson and many others when I had lived on the bank of the Detroit River.  Really looking forward to this.

Thank you Henrik!

Chris

Edited by ctalpas
changed word

In v1 I set shipping traffic in msfs to 6% in line with Henrik's recommendation.  Not sure whether 6% applies to v2 though - can anyone please confirm?

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

30 minutes ago, cianpars said:

In v1 I set shipping traffic in msfs to 6% in line with Henrik's recommendation.  Not sure whether 6% applies to v2 though - can anyone please confirm?

6% works for me. I'm currently exploring the West African coast and encounter 2-3 of Henrik's lovely creations an hour.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gunther said:

6% works for me. I'm currently exploring the West African coast and encounter 2-3 of Henrik's lovely creations an hour.

Have it set to 7% and works well seeing a couple/few at a time....

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

8 minutes ago, CarlosHenriqueDutra said:

Any news on when the next update will be ready?

I think they're working on the great lakes 

• Like 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom