captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

Great package, what an amazing effort!  Do the ships have lights?  I have not done much night flying recently but was just curious.  I recall seeing a shot of one of the cruise ships having them....?

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

All,

I have tried 3 times to add this addon into my Sim (Had version 1 in no problem).

Adding into my addon on folder and using addon linker to enter shortcut into the community folder (GAIST MSFS V2 ) I do not get a GAIST MSFS V2 CVT file created.... is this the problem.

In Sim settings are 6% for ships & Ferries.

Any help would be appreciated the oceans look bare!!! LOL

Regards

Nic

19 minutes ago, Nicholas Jackson said:

All,

I have tried 3 times to add this addon into my Sim (Had version 1 in no problem).

Adding into my addon on folder and using addon linker to enter shortcut into the community folder (GAIST MSFS V2 ) I do not get a GAIST MSFS V2 CVT file created.... is this the problem.

In Sim settings are 6% for ships & Ferries.

Any help would be appreciated the oceans look bare!!! LOL

Regards

Nic

There won't be a cvt file because the ships have been converted to MSFS native.  They were originally designed for fsx 

• Like 2

I have my ship traffic up to 100% and it doesn't seem overkill at all.

LouP

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Flic1 said:

Great package, what an amazing effort!  Do the ships have lights?  I have not done much night flying recently but was just curious.  I recall seeing a shot of one of the cruise ships having them....?

Yes they do, however the ones I have seen on freighters seem to be dim.  I didn't really even see them until I was right on the ship.  The cruise ships might be lit up better, but in my opinion the lights used on regular ships could be turned up a notch or two. 

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

Guys,

Why am I having so much trouble with the when the earlier version was no issue?

Downloaded new file

Placed into community folder via Addon linker.

Root folder gaist-msfs-v2 inside this the following.

• Content Info
  • Scenery
  • SimObjects
  • Layout.json
  • manifest.json

It shows up in addon linker as Name- gaist-msfs-v2 Title- Global AI Ship Traffic V2, with a good link target.

Ships & Ferries at 6% in sim...No ships anywhere.

Tried 3-4 fresh downloads but no joy unless I am missing something obvious.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Nic

Looks like the updates avaialble over on Flightsim.to

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

27 minutes ago, Nicholas Jackson said:

That's the one I am having trouble with.

Regards

I'll be trying it later this evening and will report if there are any issues. But as Henrik said, it's a pretty complex program and there is the possiblility of some  glitches. And to report any issues via PM on the download page.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

On 9/12/2021 at 7:43 PM, Nicholas Jackson said:

Thanks Car147

Did you manage? I have been off a couple of days and will by the way also not be much present this week.

21091411010316112917568458.jpg

• Like 1

i don't have any ships too and have 6% traffic in sim (flying over mediterranean, spanish and italian coast)

i didn't have that problem with old versions

anyone with this problme too?

I see some ships but it appears to me that the number is too small. Flying from Calais to Dover at 6 pm and visually panning around, I saw only four ships. Shouldn't it be much more?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

On 9/12/2021 at 4:08 PM, Nicholas Jackson said:

Guys,

Why am I having so much trouble with the when the earlier version was no issue?

Downloaded new file

Placed into community folder via Addon linker.

Root folder gaist-msfs-v2 inside this the following.

• Content Info
  • Scenery
  • SimObjects
  • Layout.json
  • manifest.json

It shows up in addon linker as Name- gaist-msfs-v2 Title- Global AI Ship Traffic V2, with a good link target.

Ships & Ferries at 6% in sim...No ships anywhere.

Tried 3-4 fresh downloads but no joy unless I am missing something obvious.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Nic

If you install Littlenavmap (freeware) you cab check if there are any ships.

Its not that the water is (overly) crowded with ships.

Although I think it's a super effort, without wakes its doesnt add much for me.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

If you install Littlenavmap (freeware) you cab check if there are any ships.

Its not that the water is (overly) crowded with ships.

Although I think it's a super effort, without wakes its doesnt add much for me.

I think it's fab and I felt the same about v1 too. I've already made a few flights around the world just to look at the shipping.

Henrik has already said he intends to add wakes in a future version and when he is able to add traffic on the rivers and lakes, that will be really amazing.

Edited by cianpars
  • Like 3

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)