captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

8 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

Here's an app that will generate a correct layout.json for any MSFS package:

https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator

That is an excellent little app.  It works so fast that you think is hasn't done anything.  You have to check the layout.json modified file date to prove it worked! 🙂

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On 11/23/2020 at 6:55 AM, kt069 said:

Yes, manifest.json remains the same.

I would not encourage people to just copy and use another mod's manifest without modification.   If nothing else, it will provide bogus information to the content manager and any intelligent add-ons that show mod details, such as the MSFS Addons Linker.  Unlike layout.json, that's a small and fairly easy to understand file.   If nothing else, one should open it in an editor and change the "title" field so that you don't have multiple mods with the same titles running.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 2

On 11/23/2020 at 4:15 PM, Waldo Pepper said:

This is awesome.  Just need to fix the wakes,  they are a bit ugly when close.

I have no wakes at all.

I had wakes before the last MSFS update,  but no wakes after.     The wakes looked ugly as hell up close because of texture issues,  but  they looked decent enough from long distances.

I notice that the traffic mod seems to create a folder in community called,  "global_ai_ship_traffic_v2_CVT_". 

I'm wondering what that's about,  because it has no manifest or layout Json's so I wonder if the sim even sees it.   Or,  is content in that folder called upon by something in the "Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2" folder.\

I'm tempted to drop the boats folder from the V2 folder into the boats folder from the original mod and then rebuild the manifest.

1 hour ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I notice that the traffic mod seems to create a folder in community called,  "global_ai_ship_traffic_v2_CVT_". 

I'm wondering what that's about,  because it has no manifest or layout Json's so I wonder if the sim even sees it.   Or,  is content in that folder called upon by something in the "Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2" folder.\

I'm tempted to drop the boats folder from the V2 folder into the boats folder from the original mod and then rebuild the manifest.

Hi;

Yes, there was wake before the last update of MSFS and now there is no wake effect. Maybe recreating the layout.json file may help or not. We do not know.

The CVT folder is normal. Almost all the FSX/P3D converted mods create that folder. That is a way that new MSFS reads them. You can delete that folder but system will create it again if you use that converted addon again. Nothing to worry about it.

Hapy Flying.

Edited by kt069
  • Upvote 2

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

was wondering about the CVT folder - so this is good to know.

I've seen a couple of ships spinning on the spot, 1 at Miami in a harbour, and 1 near Seattle, imagine the sea sickness on those ships.

anyone else seen this?

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

@hanhamreds That's normal, as the vessels are at the end of that voyage and will be begin the return voyage. I first noticed this in FSX when vessels arrive at Southampton. In MSFS there are 5 British naval ships in line that cruise around the English Channel. When they enter Portsmouth Harbour they do the same to turnaround. Just waiting for military helicopters, so I can land on their decks, Oh! two are aircraft carriers, so the harrier would be most welcomed, too!

Martin

• Like 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

32 minutes ago, sauviat said:

@hanhamreds That's normal, as the vessels are at the end of that voyage and will be begin the return voyage. I first noticed this in FSX when vessels arrive at Southampton. In MSFS there are 5 British naval ships in line that cruise around the English Channel. When they enter Portsmouth Harbour they do the same to turnaround. Just waiting for military helicopters, so I can land on their decks, Oh! two are aircraft carriers, so the harrier would be most welcomed, too!

Martin

You are a bit out of date with Harriers, it is F-35s now on British Carriers

@CJ1045 for now the Harriers will suffice, as they can be ported over from FSX. I am an ex FAA navigator from 1964 50 1972, from gannets to wessex, but opted out of Phantoms. as we used the experience as a private flying club during the Cold War!!!

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

a year or so a go it wouldn't have even been F35's - in fact no aircraft at all 

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

Now this is a proper down the pub discussion. Imo the F-35 looks a lot better - the sort of plane Batman would fly, The Harrier is too functional and not enough form.