Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Henrik Nielsen's Global AI Ship Traffic for MSFS

I am seeing a bunch of boats/ships in the English channel and when I use the LNM to get the name and check against the files within Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2 Simobject Boat, I cannot find them. So I believe the ships I am seeing are default ships

This is just one example. The nameof this vessel in LNM is "AI_Thrungia" just as I see painted on the ship. But this is not in the Simobject folder within Global AI Ship Traffic V2. I checked few others, the same thing

AI-Thuringia.png

You can get the name of the file/ship object using LNM

AI-Thuringia.png

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

7 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

In LNM try this,

1) In the "Scenery Library" tab confirm that "Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020"  is selected as the scenery library.

2) In the "Scenery Library" tab,  select "Load Scenery Library".     In the box that pops up click on "Load".     LNM will then rebuild it's scenery data base by scanning your installation.

When it's done,  click "close".

edit: My install is LNM 2.6.4 beta.   

yep done all that and no difference, the Boat icon remains greyed out. 🤷‍♂️

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

@MannyThat is a Global AI vessel, because you can tell by the title AI_name of vessel and no numbers after it. The sim object holder is likely not correct, at present, as it is a portover.

• Like 1

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

7 minutes ago, Manny said:

So I believe the ships I am seeing are default ships

None of the default ships have names or flags.

• Like 1

ok to double check the Global AI is working in Sim, I see Ships that correspond with  Folders within the Mod and even saw that big Sailing Ship that's all white coloured, just nothing in LNM, have posted to the forum there for help.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Finally Proof!

I see AI_Aphrodite and AI_Calypso Both of them are in the AI Traffic V2 inventory.

AI-Calypso.png

AI-Calypso.png

Edited by Manny
  • Like 2

Manny

Installed, it works but if you change time of the day during flight, it gets VERY angry and it's heavy stutterworld until flight restart.

• Like 1

R5 3600 - GTX 1070OC - 32GB 3200 - NVME - 3440x1440 160Hz - VR(Quest 2)
GarbagePoster

5 hours ago, Manny said:

I am seeing a bunch of boats/ships in the English channel and when I use the LNM to get the name and check against the files within Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2 Simobject Boat, I cannot find them. So I believe the ships I am seeing are default ships

This is just one example. The nameof this vessel in LNM is "AI_Thrungia" just as I see painted on the ship. But this is not in the Simobject folder within Global AI Ship Traffic V2. I checked few others, the same thing

That is a ship in the mod ship list. Its on route 60017, but LNM misspelled it. s/b Thuringia. The ship list says it is a Container Ship but there's no texture for it in the Models folder. There seems to be quite a few of them that didn't get modelled. 

It's not a default ship though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Manny said:

Finally Proof!

I see AI_Aphrodite and AI_Calypso Both of them are in the AI Traffic V2 inventory.

AI-Calypso.png

AI-Calypso.png

Notice the Calypso has no textures,  nor do the flying sea gulls which are part of the ship model.      If  you look in the CVT folder for the Calypso,  there are no textures.

Here's what I did to fix that problem.

1) Download, "dxtbmpx"

2)  Run dxtbmpx

3) Click "File / Open".    Navigate to the Community\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Boats\AI_Calypso\texture folder.

4) Open the file,  "Albatross".  

5) Click on the "Image" tab and select,  "Flip image and alpha".     (apparently BMPs converted to DDS must be flipped and the alpha channel flipped as well.)

6) Click "Save as" DDS texture.

7)I deleted the original broken texture files after converting them.  

8)I deleted the Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2_CVT folder.

Notes,

DXT1 saves no alpha channel.   That's the method I selected.    If a ship has windows or transparent parts of textures,  you may need to use DXT 3 or 5 or something.   I read a bit,  but don't recall the particulars.

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Notice the Calypso has no textures,  nor do the flying sea gulls which are part of the ship model.      If  you look in the CVT folder for the Calypso,  there are no textures.

Notes,

DXT1 saves no alpha channel.   That's the method I selected.    If a ship has windows or transparent parts of textures,  you may need to use DXT 3 or 5 or something.   I read a bit,  but don't recall the particulars.

I thought I saw white ships. You busted my ignorance. And yes.. I noticed the birds tied to the ships,. Cool.. and I thought they were white Albatross. LOL 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

18 hours ago, Waldo Pepper said:

1) Download, "dxtbmpx"

2)  Run dxtbmpx

3) Click "File / Open".    Navigate to the Community\Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2\Simobjects\Boats\AI_Calypso\texture folder.

4) Open the file,  "Albatross".  

5) Click on the "Image" tab and select,  "Flip image and alpha".     (apparently BMPs converted to DDS must be flipped and the alpha channel flipped as well.)

6) Click "Save as" DDS texture.

7)I deleted the original broken texture files after converting them.  

8)I deleted the Global_AI_Ship_Traffic_V2_CVT folder.

Notes,

There are several AI Ships that contain BMP files! Do you need to convert these to DDS files for these boats to be displayed correctly?

6 minutes ago, dobee51 said:

I've been trying to convert the Royal Yacht Dannebrog to a sail-able ship for use with MSFS 2020, but can't seem to get it to work.

Maybe one of these will work. Has anybody else tried/succeeded?

https://simviation.com/1/browse-Misc-58-22

https://flightsim.to/file/2613/uss-constitution-ship-pilotable-in-msfs