Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

The Blériot XI released!

Good news for fans of vintage planes - Wing42, producer of Lockheed "Vega" for P3D - released Bleriot XI for MSFS.

It looks really cool and the aventure (and great part of aviation story) is waiting for you 😄 : https://wing42.com/en/msfs-addons/29-bleriot-xi-for-msfs.html .

bleriot-xi-for-msfs.jpg

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 7

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

13 minutes ago, YoYo said:

Good news for fans of vintage planes - Wing42, producer of Lockheed "Vega" for P3D - released Bleriot XI for MSFS.

It looks really cool and the aventure (and great paort of aviation story) is waiting for you 😄 : https://wing42.com/en/msfs-addons/29-bleriot-xi-for-msfs.html .

bleriot-xi-for-msfs.jpg

nice find

Hopefully they can crack on with that Boeing 247 now.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Is this a joke? The developer went into radio silence more than two years ago while the Vega was and is still in early access state. And now he appears with a new product to sell? Simply meaning he had been intentionally avoiding to answer all the forum posts to people who bought the early access because he was working on something else?

Edited by ComSimPilot
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

39 minutes ago, ComSimPilot said:

Is this a joke? The developer went into radio silence more than two years ago while the Vega was and is still in early access state. And now he appears with a new product to sell? Simply meaning he had been intentionally avoiding to answer all the forum posts to people who bought the early access because he was working on something else?

You have a little right, Im owner of this Vega too (amazing addon even on beta stage btw, A2A quality or better) but perhaps it was too ambitious project for this small studio (1 person) at beginning and the sale wasnt very good to finish it. I dont know, but maybe not all words were said in Vega topic. The fact is that it wasnt  good for PR for the beginning but come on! Give him chance :). My fingers are crossed for each vintage project ;>.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

But does it have autopilot? LOL Just kidding! 

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I purchased this.
The installation file is not the usual way creating a folder to unzip and move manually to the community folder.

It is instead an .exe file which does that for you. Except my antivirus (Norton) prevented making that folder and therefore the .exe program dumped all the files individually inside community folder and I had to delete them all and try again.

I would suggest turning off virus software or installing by pointing the install application to a newly created by you dummy folder instead of pointing it to your community folder, and then manually move the .exe created folder over to your community folder.

So it installed great doing that and is a fun historical accurate plane.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I love the older stuff and tempted to purchase as this does look very cool. This will be the ultimate slow VFR above the Microsoft scenery. 

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level F-18 Hornet | Supersonic Medical Transport | Dubai to Abu Dhabi | First Mission in DCS World | 4K

I think it is too difficult to fly comfortably for sightseeing.

I would wait for a youtube video on operating this plane before buying or flying, the .pdf manual is rudimentary in its explanations.

Edited by Fielder

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I have to take back my statement that they are too difficult for sightseeing. They are not but....

Apparently Wing42 mixed up some files.

Their website says: their released Gnome rotary engine Bleriot was the fastest:

Cruise speed:
Anzani 60 km/h (32 knots)
Gnome 78 km/h (42 knots)
Max. speed:
Anzani 68 km/h (37 knots)
Gnome 90 km/h (49 knots)
Stall speed:
Anzani 35 km/h (19 knots)
Gnome 25 km/h (19 knots)
=================================================
But the installed flightmodel.cfg say:
Anzani
full_flaps_stall_speed =59
flaps_up_stall_speed =68
cruise_speed =176
Gnome
full_flaps_stall_speed =20
flaps_up_stall_speed =20
cruise_speed =44

Long story short I selected what I thought was the historically latest and fastest model because the early first flown Bleriots were notoriously difficult, so I selected the later faster Gnome version in MSFS. In real life and on their website the Gnome version is the one easy to fly and the fastest (really 77 knots or so).

But Wing42 mixed up of their files in what they sell: in MSFS the Anzani engine Bleriots fly faster and easier by far. This is wrong and what fooled me.

So it's all good, the faster Gnome versions were famous in real life and were exported all over the world. They are also good in MSFS, only named wrong. In MSFS the Gnome versions fly like the Anzani versions and vice versa (version 1 of the wing42 Bleriot released today).

This plane was found in an old abandoned barn in the 1980's. It has the Gnome 50 H.P. engine and flies very well.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, ComSimPilot said:

What forum?

http://forum.wing42.com/

:laugh:

At least you won't have to worry about the avionics potentially conking out on this thing. 🙂 It looks really nice actually, but as expressed here and in other places, I think it is on the developer to address the issues with the preceding Vega if they are to not leave a sour taste in people's mouths which might affect sales of other stuff. If there's one thing flight simmers can do, it is hold a grudge!

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

thats exsactly what i wanted for flying in VR, i am a big fan of this older stuff too 🤗

"putting on the scarf and vrglasses"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Nedo68 said:

thats exsactly what i wanted for flying in VR, i am a big fan of this older stuff too 🤗

"putting on the scarf and vrglasses"

Yep it could be great for VR with max FPS Im sure :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: but till now no VR in MSFS, pity. Im still waiting for this.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif