Sign in to follow this  
Frank STY

HELP!! Error after updating P3D from v5.0HF2 to v5.1HF1

Hi all,
I updated my p3d from v5.0 HF2 to v5.1 HF1. After updating the Client, I run P3D then it automatically and directly loaded a flight without showing anything in my screen but a process bar. I even cannot see the P3D main application page which I can choose aircraft, airport and weather etc. When the loading process bar completed, I only heard the sound but my screen showed nothing. And I have checked the cfg file, the option SHOW SCENARIO WINDOW was 1. So how could I fix it?

Tieyuan Sun

25 minutes ago, newtie said:

Rebuild your .cfg file.

I have rebuild the cfg file. Nothing happened. 

I go back to v5.0 Client and everything went well. Why not the v5.1 Client...It's weird.

Edited by Frank STY

You might want to uninstall the current version,(all three) then download and install all three 5.1 components, followed by HF1.

All stock, no addons.

8 minutes ago, newtie said:

You might want to uninstall the current version,(all three) then download and install all three 5.1 components, followed by HF1.

No, the HF1 component installers are all complete installers that do not need any previous version installed.

For the OP--you say you "updated" the client--hopefully that doesn't mean you installed the HF1 client over the v5.0 client without uninstalling it first.  You have to uninstall the client (answering "no" to the query about removing the registration) and then install the HF1 client.  However it's highly recommended to uninstall the content and scenery components after the client, and then reinstall the HF1 version of all three (client, content, scenery).

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

32 minutes ago, w6kd said:

No, the HF1 component installers are all complete installers that do not need any previous version installed.

For the OP--you say you "updated" the client--hopefully that doesn't mean you installed the HF1 client over the v5.0 client without uninstalling it first.  You have to uninstall the client (answering "no" to the query about removing the registration) and then install the HF1 client.  However it's highly recommended to uninstall the content and scenery components after the client, and then reinstall the HF1 version of all three (client, content, scenery).

I first uninstalled the v5.0 Client and then installed the v5.1 HF1 Client. I run P3D and  it automatically and directly loaded a flight without showing the P3D main application page. After the loading completed, I could only hear the sound. The screen showed nothing and I have to shut down P3D via windows task manager.

Edited by Frank STY

Do you have UGCX ?  They need to be updated after a change and a sometimes the update request is hidden behind the P3D black screen.

Maybe you could fiddle a bit with the task manager to get the UGCX update screen to the foreground ?  

13 minutes ago, Dick said:

Do you have UGCX ?  They need to be updated after a change and a sometimes the update request is hidden behind the P3D black screen.

Maybe you could fiddle a bit with the task manager to get the UGCX update screen to the foreground ?  

Yes!! I have UGCX. Do I have to update it before updating the P3D?

When P3D starts UGCX starts as well. If UGCX finds itself in need for an update it will  stop the startup of P3D and show a popup asking if you want to update. This popup however ( in my situation) is sometimes hidden "behind" the black P3D screen.  For me it always take a bit of fiddling to get the update confirmation to the front so you can answer it.

Go to the task manager and see if you can call-up the P3D screen (by clicking on the P3D entry ) and hopefully you have the UGCX pop now visible..

I am not aware of any option to update UGCX before starting P3D. 

4 hours ago, Frank STY said:

I first uninstalled the v5.0 Client and then installed the v5.1 HF1 Client. I run P3D and  it automatically and directly loaded a flight without showing the P3D main application page. After the loading completed, I could only hear the sound. The screen showed nothing and I have to shut down P3D via windows task manager.

Delete your config if your going strait a loaded flight.

LOAD_SCENARIO_TOOLS=1

Check it`s not set to =0.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I have the same upgrade path and the identical issue ... will try some of the above suggestions but it can't be just the OPs unique setup.

*** EDIT:  deleted UGCX, FSLabs A320 (was getting a wrong version error) and AI Lights Reborn and this fixed it. No need to rebuild .cfg and the shaders rebuilt automatically because of the update.  Phew.

Edited by paulhand

Paul Hand

The day before LM released their P3D5.1HF  I received this email from AI Lights Reborn:

AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition Version 1.24.0 has been released. 

Please note this update is MANDATORY or you will have severe problems in the future with P3D hanging during load. If you experience this, disabling AILRP temporally will alleviate the problem until you are able to update to version 1.24.0.

• Like 1