Sign in to follow this  
av8r172

Mouse Pan vs Hat/Keyboard Pan Jitter with Frame Rate Limit

Since v5, I have been able to take advantage of the wonderful Nvidia control panel feature of Adaptive 1/2 refresh rate Vsync (my monitor is locked to 60hz only). Doing so effectively locks the fps at 30, and motion outside the aircraft is smooth as butter. Panning using the middle mouse button in chaseplane is butter. However, using the hat switch on my joystick, pressing the view reset button/key, or the keys assigned on my numpad, panning is very jittery/ghosty. I can make a video of this if this is unclear. Let me put it this way. If I don't move the camera at all and I'm looking at the markings on the ground surfaces as I move along, smooth as glass--no tearing/jitter/ghosting. If I pan holding the middle mouse button, also smooth as glass. But using any other method to pan/reset my view ghosts and tears very badly. I've been told that this might have to do with how chaseplane handles panning with joysticks/keys. As you know, instead of a pan axis, it behaves more like a "control to be repeated while held" keypress. If this isn't sending inputs at a high enough rate to the sim, as the view sweeps across, it will appear as if it start/stops panning hundreds of times per second, instead one fluid motion.

Is this something that can be fixed with chaseplane, is it just my monitor model, or something else?

PS: If I lock my frame rate to any value (30,60, etc), in P3D or Nvidia, then everything is jittery. Motion outside and mouse panning included.