Sign in to follow this  
Daniel Baker

P3D 5.1 and My Setup

Hi,

Have held off from P3D v5 for now because of the reported issues.  It looks like - with a clean reinstall - many of those issues are fixed now, so I might give it a try.  I understand that it does push more work to the graphics card though, right?

My question is; with only a GTX970 do you think I am going to see any performance benefits from v5.1?

Rest of the specs:

i-8700k 16gb Ram, Windows 10 Home 64.

Appreciate your opinions - many thanks,

Daniel

In my system 5.1 is faster and smoother than 4.5 running a 1070 card.  

• Like 1

I Earned My Spurs in Vietnam

6 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Hi,

Have held off from P3D v5 for now because of the reported issues.  It looks like - with a clean reinstall - many of those issues are fixed now, so I might give it a try.  I understand that it does push more work to the graphics card though, right?

My question is; with only a GTX970 do you think I am going to see any performance benefits from v5.1?

Rest of the specs:

i-8700k 16gb Ram, Windows 10 Home 64.

Appreciate your opinions - many thanks,

Daniel

That CPU deserves a way better GPU

Michael Moe

• Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

54 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

That CPU deserves a way better GPU

Michael Moe

I agree.  It's just that I find the process of deciding what to upgrade to uncertain (inventory availability), confusing (models, GPU vs CPU load) and expensive.

1 hour ago, Daniel Baker said:

I agree.  It's just that I find the process of deciding what to upgrade to uncertain (inventory availability), confusing (models, GPU vs CPU load) and expensive.

That CPU can handle everything from GTX1XXX or GTX2XXX with ease.

I still using 4770K@4,6ghz with a GTX1080TI

still going in V5/MSFS2020 at 25 and 29ffps in 4K (MSFS 1080P scaled at 150)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

On 11/21/2020 at 2:44 PM, Michael Moe said:

That CPU can handle everything from GTX1XXX or GTX2XXX with ease.

I still using 4770K@4,6ghz with a GTX1080TI

still going in V5/MSFS2020 at 25 and 29ffps in 4K (MSFS 1080P scaled at 150)

Michael Moe

Interesting, thanks!  What about an RTX 3070 - how do I find out if that will work?  I have my i7 8700k in a stable 5.0 ghz overclock. The rts 3070 is available where I am and I might be persuaded to go that route as it looks like value for the money.

Daniel

4 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

Interesting, thanks!  What about an RTX 3070 - how do I find out if that will work?  I have my i7 8700k in a stable 5.0 ghz overclock. The rts 3070 is available where I am and I might be persuaded to go that route as it looks like value for the money.

Daniel

I would save your money and get a card later with more vram. 8gb ain’t going to cut it in the near  future for P3d.

i don’t even understand as to why they would   Release cards at today’s prices with less vram with games being d12.the 3070 and the 3080 should have been released with at least 16Gb minimum vram.

im hoping there  will be a 3070ti with at least 16gb 

cheers

mike 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Daniel

It will do but as said VRAM Should be minimum 11gb if you ask me going forward as you do.

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

On 11/24/2020 at 6:42 AM, mikeymike said:

I would save your money and get a card later with more vram. 8gb ain’t going to cut it in the near  future for P3d.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:04 AM, Michael Moe said:

It will do but as said VRAM Should be minimum 11gb if you ask me going forward as you do.

Thanks Mike and Michael, I do not doubt you are correct.

The only new 11GB I see on the market in my area is the 3090 (at 24 GB and $2000 CDN.)  Is that about right?

Daniel

19 minutes ago, Daniel Baker said:

The only new 11GB I see on the market in my area is the 3090 (at 24 GB and $2000 CDN.)  Is that about right?

Daniel

That is correct. 
Atm i am on a 1080ti and will wait until 2 quarter of next year and see.

cheers 

mike

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

Daniel

Are you on 4K ?

Maybe you can get a used GTX1080TI or GTX2080TI

Those are still very good (all-though GTX1080TI in 4K,Dynamic lights at night , FSLA320, ORBX TE , FT EHAM hitting GPU usage around 80-100% with 30fps medium to high settings)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

12 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Are you on 4K ?

Maybe you can get a used GTX1080TI or GTX2080TI

Those are still very good (all-though GTX1080TI in 4K,Dynamic lights at night , FSLA320, ORBX TE , FT EHAM hitting GPU usage around 80-100% with 30fps medium to high settings)

Michael Moe

No, not on 4k, so perhaps I'll do better?  Amazing how pricy those 1080ti still are, even used!  But I'll see what I can find.

One question; if I'm not on 4k, so I still need 11GB?

13 hours ago, Daniel Baker said:

No, not on 4k, so perhaps I'll do better?  Amazing how pricy those 1080ti still are, even used!  But I'll see what I can find.

One question; if I'm not on 4k, so I still need 11GB?

It depends. I use 2K in MSFS2020 ultra settings and at London City its using all 11gb

Michael Moe

• Like 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png