Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

Mooney Flight Characteristics??

Not sure if this is the proper place but I did not want another almost 300 postings type thread in the General Forum...I am using the RealAir Cessna 172 as my primary airplane in FS2004. Not being a pilot I must rely on others when it comes to the authenticity of flight dynamics as represented by a particular FS2004 aircraft. The RealAir stuff seems to be amongst the closest to the best that the simulator can presently provide.So, looking for some change I tried the FS2004 Mooney. The panel seems reasonable and low on FPS impact. Of course, the plane goes up, down and sideways as I move the CH yoke. The question is, does anyone know if the Microsoft programmed flight dynamics are as good as those done by the RealAir group and their aircraft? Any addon improvements?I have been using the FSxxxx series for several years and gradually moved from using everything, to focusing on as close to "correct" flight dynamics as possible. For me this is primary, otherwise the illusion of flight really becomes a delusion. The cockpit is next in line and then what I see outside. Since I am not a pilot I do qualify as only a scenery viewer which I have enhanced with lots of stuff. Cockpits and flight I leave to you guys.Dick Boley @KLBE

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Hi Dick,I remember seeing a video, displayed on here, of the MS staff indulged on certain default aircraft for the making of FS2004 I think it was?There was scene's that showed the staff actively trying out the real model's and discussing how they mould the sim to replicate things like the FDE, sounds and quirks of particular light aircraft.It seems they don't do the 'big-un's though as the default 737-400 climbs as quick as an F16!So maybe, there are limits to all the aircraft even though, and now to our great pleasure, payware suppliers appear to achieve perfect dynamics.I suppose we're still a long way from the perfect world that we all desire?Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png