Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Using P3D Until FS2020 Matures

21 minutes ago, 109Sqn said:

I'm going back to...

the kitchen, as I need to wash my dinner plate and cutlery.

Just thought I'd let you all know, since it's getting more and more like facebook around here.

Post a pic of your dish and the forum will magically turn into Instagram too 🙂

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, leprechaunlive said:

Post a pic of your dish and the forum will magically turn into Instagram too 🙂

... and if continue posting an "xboxer" style flight video then PMDG will commit suicide! 😄

Edited by OSM
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Skyseek said:

I thought about purchasing Prepare 3D version  5.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

If you don't have 4.5 then maybe:  Anyone else getting a little tired of LM? - The Prepar3d Forum - The AVSIM Community

Quite frankly, unless you're a true student or are happy to misrepresent yourself as a student, 5.x is hardly going to be worth the cost and hassle of installation if you have all of the scenery addons to make it tolerable.  4.5 is stable and delivers, especially from the POV of operating complex aircraft, pretty much everything 5.x can deliver, and your 8Gb GPU will be sufficient to manage 4.5, less so 5.x.

• Like 3

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I'm going back to P3D - it's on my F: Drive, together with my old copy of FSX and X-Plane.

I'm going back to delete it. I need the disk space for caching scenery - both Rolling and Manual.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Skyseek said:

I have MSFS Steam Edition and until FS2020 has third party A/C I thought about purchasing Prepare 3D version  5.  I think we are six months to a year away from a more mature FS 2020 as far as third party development.  To me the A/C is everything for realism.  Although I enjoy the scenery enhancements in FS2020.

You might be right about advanced third party development in MSFS excluding the 747 and 320 mods of course. Me personally I love this sim so much, especially the GA flying. You should step out of your comfort zone 🙂 and try GA flying - its amazing in MSFS and when VR comes around I can't think of anything better than to relax in MSFS and watch the sun going down on the way to the Bahamas...

11 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

...try GA flying - its amazing in MSFS

Yes it is and I like this crazy VFR flight!!! 😄

Edited by OSM

6 hours ago, Skyseek said:

I have MSFS Steam Edition and until FS2020 has third party A/C I thought about purchasing Prepare 3D version  5.  I think we are six months to a year away from a more mature FS 2020 as far as third party development.  To me the A/C is everything for realism.  Although I enjoy the scenery enhancements in FS2020.

Most of my Aircraft that I really like has an install for P3D.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I tried this after the 'Dolphin Dance' fiasco Asobo put us through.  P3D's dated graphics killed it for me.  Either I'm sticking with FS2020, P3D/XPlane make a deal with Google Earth, or I'm out of desktop simming for the near future.  FS2020 on it's worst day is years beyond the other options out there right now.  Can't go back...

• Like 5

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

29 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I tried this after the 'Dolphin Dance' fiasco Asobo put us through.  P3D's dated graphics killed it for me.  Either I'm sticking with FS2020, P3D/XPlane make a deal with Google Earth, or I'm out of desktop simming for the near future.  FS2020 on it's worst day is years beyond the other options out there right now.  Can't go back...

What, even with the oil slicks on the water?

Dillon - you seem to be labouring under the impression that anyone cares about what you're doing with your simming activities.

And, pray, what will you be moving on to - if you do "get out" of desktop simming in the near future?

Got a Level D setup somewhere have we?

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

Thanks Everyone!

I guess I wasn’t clear..

I was wanting opinions of P3D vs FSX..

I have the original FSX gold edition.  I am not crazy about SE.  I really miss the Flight 1 ATR which doesn’t run under SE or probably P3D.

Just wondering if P3D is worth the $59.  

Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, Skyseek said:

Just wondering if P3D is worth the $59.

Well then ask HERE.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Skyseek said:

Thoughts?

Thanks!

P3D v5 Academic is my assumption because it's highly unlikely that you're going to get the professional version. You should consider visiting the P3D forum and read up on how well v5 is doing before you make the investment. Good luck.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

3 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I'm going back to...

the kitchen, as I need to wash my dinner plate and cutlery.

Just thought I'd let you all know, since it's getting more and more like facebook around here.

You need to watch that classic old school 60's movie "Debbie does the Dishes" .

• Like 1