Sign in to follow this  
pao

Issue with second monitor

Hi,

My setup is an OLED TV 48' together with a side 23' 1080p monitor which I use for icons and maps etc. Yesterday, I decided to select the second 23' monitor as my main display in Windows 10 in order to prevent the taskbar from showing on my OLED display (keeping it full black when no sim are running...).  I have no issue with MSFS or XP11 but with P3D, whenever this 23' monitor is selected as the Windows main display, the sim would load in 1920x1080 and there is no way to select the sedonc monitor (my OLED TV) in the P3D display settings... I can see both display showing (RTX2080.0 and RTX2080.1) in the list but whenever I selct the second monitor with 4K res, it won't save it and always return to the main monitor in 1920X1080...  meaning I can always move the main P3D window in full screen on my OLED TV but the resolution will be in 1080p...

Does anyone experience the issue before and could help me ?

Thank you,

Greg

too much, too soon....

I think there are settings to only show taskbar on one monitor, and you can drag to where you want it be, no need for set main monitor for that.

And use dark theme can make the taskbar show in blcak as well

Thank you for the drag tip..that's great 🙂

BTW, do you have any idea why P3D would not accept the settings on a secodnary monitor ?

Edited by pao

too much, too soon....