Sign in to follow this  
Hippo

Navdata question

P3D 4.5 latest revision, VoxATC 7.43.

I was not getting a SID as expected when using a flight plan from Simbrief, using recent Navigraph data in Simbrief and in VoxATC.  Then I installed Herve Sors's updates, and I did get the SID as expected.  This was for a flight in Europe.

I had experienced this before (years ago) and resolved it in the same way, but I thought VoxATC now only depended on the flight plan data and not the internal P3D database.

I apologize, what are Herve's updates?  Is that the equivalent of FSAeroData?

It's an interesting question which flight plan has authority.  I would say that the flight planner in P3D is most critical for ATC, so even with updated navdata, if you're using a flight plan in P3D, the data falls back to its database (updated by Herve or FSAD).  However, if I'm using RXP GPS or some other that does not rely on default sim data, what does VoxATC require?

Edited by Gridley
More detail

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

It may be that the Navdata SID that you were expecting is associated with a runway with a designation which does not exist in the P3D scenery. This can be caused by new runways being added or (more likely) runway numbers changing due to magnetic variation.  If the 'Herve' update fixed the P3D scenery, that would explain the SID now being assigned.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, tegoid said:

It may be that the Navdata SID that you were expecting is associated with a runway with a designation which does not exist in the P3D scenery. This can be caused by new runways being added or (more likely) runway numbers changing due to magnetic variation.  If the 'Herve' update fixed the P3D scenery, that would explain the SID now being assigned.

Thanks for that.  In this case, the airport (LEMG) heading is corrected (from 32 to 31), and the navigation point that the SID is based on (NESDA) is added by Herve's update.  I assumed the problem I was having was due to the latter, and had no idea that it could be because of the runway.  I guess the lesson is update the data in the sim if possible.

• Upvote 1