Sign in to follow this  
lewisananda

discount coupon for the Reality xplane 11 750

I can't get the cpn 30% special discount coupon to work when trying to purchase the Reality XP GTN 750 using the discount. Can someone detail a step by step process? Thanks. 

Hi,

Are you trying the coupon for the XPlane version?

Can you please detail what do you mean with "can't get it to work" (what you are doing step by step, what is displaying, etc...) ?

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hi Jean-Luc. This is for the GTN 750 for X-plane 11. I downloaded the E-commerce installer first, then I download the 30% coupon. The E-commerce window says: "use the 'cpn' file located within the zip using the coupon download link above" so I download the 2020 cpn and it reads: rxp-athome-2020.cpn. I use WINrar for my zip files."  I then open the e commerce installer, and get the screen for my information and payment details windows and enter my personal information. I haven't done the payment details in the payment window yet. the price reads $49.95 US dollars in the payment window. The question is how do I get the 30% discount to appear in the "price" window? The discounted price should be $35. Am I supposed to extract the cpn file somewhere? This is my confusion; how to apply the cpn discount so I get the discounted price in the payment window. I'm missing a step somewhere. Thanks for your help with this. Lewis

Ok I see the problem now.

You have to unzip the file so that you get the .cpn file in your hard drive, then you have to click the "coupon" button in the e-commerce installer then browse to the folder and select the .cpn file.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Thanks Jean-Luc. Boy they don't make it easy! Why not just lower the price to $35 for a period of time? It would be a lot simpler. Also, a question; once I download and install the 750 I can use it in all of my planes that are Reality 750 compatible and not just one plane? Lewis

Hi Jean-Luc. I got the coupon to work. Also can you use Navigraph to upgrade the AIRAC cycle in the x-plane Reality GTN 750?

Hi,

I'm glad you've sorted this one out!

Of course you can use your newly acquired GTN in any aircraft!*

Otherwise the GTN DB is included with the GTN trainer. There are 4 of them (2x aircraft, 2x helicopters) and they are real Garmin and Jeppesen databases. For more information, I'd suggest you read the recommended posts in this discussion:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546848-rxp-gns-530w430w-v2-database-update/

*although you can use the GTN in all aircraft, those equipped with the default XP11 G1000 can't connect the GTN with the autopilot. This is a XP11 limitation documented in this forum.

Hi Jean-Luc. But what about using Navigraph to update? In the forums on this topic the Garmin AIRAC files work but are very expensive. What is the AIRAC cycle of the current Reality GTN 750? I read it is very old, 1803.